UK Charts - Dec 2 - Midweeks

Guest Hafo

Queenie, that's not true. Every pop artist has those loon fans who buy multiple copies, Madonna included. Blaming the results of being in the top 10 to multiple copies could be translated to other artists.

I don't agree. Madonna fans generally aren't of the utter LOON variety and more importantly, there isn't the sense of utter desperation which there is amongst Kylie fans. M fans know they don't need to buy multiple copies for her to do well. Her sales extend well beyond her core fanbase.

:rotfl:

TOLD YOU :p

I think to be in the top 40 album selling artists of all time is pretty impressive. Especially as she is a pop singer who used to be in a Aussie soap 20 years ago. Madonna's sales are fantastic though. All hail Queen Madonna!

Oh I do have some sales!

SINGLES

1 Leona Lewis (18k)

2 Girls Aloud (15.5k)

3 T2 (14k)

ALBUMS

1 Leona Lewis (63.5k)

2 Shayne Ward (46k)

3 Kylie (38.5k)

Apparently Westlife are closing the gap in albums! Leona and Shayne are keeping a 45% day-to-day increase while Kylie sales have slowed down to a 33%.

I don't agree. Madonna fans generally aren't of the utter LOON variety and more importantly, there isn't the sense of utter desperation which there is amongst Kylie fans. M fans know they don't need to buy multiple copies for her to do well. Her sales extend well beyond her core fanbase.

Think Madonna has perhaps more loons (she is much more successful), but they are much less noticeable amongst the amount of people who buy her records.

Think Madonna has perhaps more loons (she is much more successful),

The point is that Madonna's success has very, very little to do with her loon fans. It's to do with her appealing to millions of record buyers.

but they are much less noticeable amongst the amount of people who buy her records.

Precisely because they are a tiny minority of M's record buyers. The ratio of loon fans to casual buyers with Kylie is much, much higher.

Oh I do have some sales!

SINGLES

1 Leona Lewis (18k)

2 Girls Aloud (15.5k)

3 T2 (14k)

ALBUMS

1 Leona Lewis (63.5k)

2 Shayne Ward (46k)

3 Kylie (38.5k)

Apparently Westlife are closing the gap!

Eeeek

The point is that Madonna's success has very, very little to do with her loon fans. It's to do with her appealing to millions of record buyers.

Precisely because they are a tiny minority of M's record buyers. The ratio of loon fans to casual buyers with Kylie is much, much higher.

Oh my, I think we agreed. I need a lie down!

ALBUMS

1 Leona Lewis (63.5k)

2 Shayne Ward (46k)

3 Kylie (38.5k)

Apparently Westlife are closing the gap in albums! Leona and Shayne are keeping a 45% day-to-day increase while Kylie sales have slowed down to a 33%.

That isn't true re Westlife. Kylie has increased her lead over them by 1300 copies.

Tssk, you are naughty.

How did you arrive to that conclusion? Did you do a survey? Looking at forums is not a very scientific , just seems a desperate measure to undermine Kylie. If you want to convince people that Kylie's loons buy multiple copies and make a difference in the charts you need a more scientific approach

I don't know anyone who has bought more than 1 copy of an album. If there are people like that, their percentange of total sales is minimal. Not worth even mention it.

That isn't true re Westlife. Kylie has increased her lead over them by 1300 copies.

Tssk, you are naughty.

I don't know, I only post what I see in other forums :p That's why I said APPARENTLY.

I suppose statistically someone calculated that since Kylie was slowing down and Westlife increases towards the end of the week, the gap was closing.

How did you arrive to that conclusion? Did you do a survey? Looking at forums is not a very scientific , just seems a desperate measure to undermine Kylie. If you want to convince people that Kylie's loons buy multiple copies and make a difference in the charts you need a more scientific approach

I don't know anyone who has bought more than 1 copy of an album. If there are people like that, their percentange of total sales is minimal. Not worth even mention it.

Wow, that's so scientific.

Twat.

I don't know, I only post what I see in other forums :p That's why I said APPARENTLY.

I suppose statistically someone calculated that since Kylie was slowing down and Westlife increases towards the end of the week, the gap was closing.

Yes, I see your point, on overall percentages the gap is smaller. Thanks for posting the figures initially.

The point is that Westlife are in their third (or fourth week) and they are closing the gap on her after day 2. :lmao:

Unfortunately to anyone with an ounce of taste (which includes anyone who likes Madonna), Westlife are a massive album seller in the UK. They have regularly outsold most artists with their albums in recent years inc Queen Madonna.

The point is that the gap has increased between Kylie and Westlife by 1300 overnight. She is selling more than them on a daily basis. It is inevitable that Westlife will sell much more over the coming weeks.

Unfortunately to anyone with an ounce of taste (which includes anyone who likes Madonna), Westlife are a massive album seller in the UK. They have regularly outsold most artists with their albums in recent years inc Queen Madonna.

The point is that the gap has increased between Kylie and Westlife by 1300 overnight. She is selling more than them on a daily basis. It is inevitable that Westlife will sell much more over the coming weeks.

Oh do FUCK OFF, the fact is that the SUPPOSED "national treasure's" much HYPED cancer comeback is TANKING. :lmao:

*FLUSH* :queenbitch:

Oh do FUCK OFF, the fact is that the SUPPOSED "national treasure's" much HYPED cancer comeback is TANKING. :lmao:

*FLUSH* :queenbitch:

You wish! Your recent predictions have tanked e.g. 2 Hearts would plummet out of the top ten after week 2 - wrong - (it is at no9 in this weeks mids after 4 weeks) and that she would struggle to sell 50k this week - wrong again - 4 days left and just 12.5k to go.

You wish! Your recent predictions have tanked e.g. 2 Hearts would plummet out of the top ten after week 2 - wrong - (it is at no9 in this weeks mids after 4 weeks) and that she would struggle to sell 50k this week - wrong again - 4 days left and just 12.5k to go.

Doesn't matter - she's still TANKING in the biggest market of the year and DESERVEDLY so. :lol:

The fact that TEAM KYLIE are flogging X for £6.99 in some places is a JOKE and is no doubt helping it to sell. Just watch X BOMB next week :lol:

2hearts is set to spend a third week in the top 10. while far from a spectacular chart showing, it appears to be appealing to a wider audience than her actual fanbase. if x sells more than 80k in its first week, then it's safe to say 2hearts is a far more popular lead single than slow.

because 2 hearts it´s a good song!!!!!

The fact that TEAM KYLIE are flogging X for £6.99 in some places is a DESPERATE AND A JOKE. It is no doubt helping it to sell. Just watch X BOMB next week :lol:

I think the album will bomb next week too: because it´s not the album a lot of of people were waiting for (more pop, or more "personal")

Oh I forgot about the BARGAIN BIN price in the first week of release. :chuckle:

Now that's just tacky. And her fans claim she never loses her dignity.

The fact that TEAM KYLIE are flogging X for £6.99 in some places is a JOKE and is no doubt helping it to sell. Just watch X BOMB next week :lol:

Thats right. Team Kylie targetted the massive music sellers Morrisons and Tesco Online to boost sales.

Retailers set their own prices, not the record company. Albums are reduced at later dates because of a reduced dealer price.

HMV, Woolworths, Virgin, Amazon, Play, WHSmith to name but a few are all selling the album at normal market prices. I think that accounts for only 99% of this weeks sales.

Morrisons and Tesco Online are using her album as a loss leader to entice people to use them to buy music. The reason being is that they know it is a POPULAR release.

No matter what happens with X next week, no doubt you will fabricate more information to keep your attacks going.

They've obviously forgotten about her appearance on Lunchtime with Des & Mel to promote Ultimate FLOP.

I guess you being lonely and unemployed means you remember this well, being as you are stuck at home all day with nothing else to do :lmao:

Edited by aeroco

They've obviously forgotten about her appearance on Lunchtime with Des & Mel to promote Ultimate FLOP.

:lmao::lmao:

Aren't the LOONS predicting that X is going to be a huge hit in the US and that she will tour there ? :lmao:

Oh I forgot about the BARGAIN BIN price in the first week of release. :chuckle:

Just saw a Wooloworths advert for X. If you buy X you can also get wait for it, a Kylie bag for the bargin

price of £2.97. :lol: TACKY, VERY TACKY

Just saw a Wooloworths advert for X. If you buy X you can also get wait for it, a Kylie bag for the bargin

price of £2.97. :lol: TACKY, VERY TACKY

:lmao::lmao:

And let me add; CHEAP.

what do you get in a KYLIE bag from Woolworths? is it like a show bag?

Imagine if you were a Kylie collector this week :|

Between the USB stick and Kylie bags and deluxe editions i would be broke