Coronavirus

MadFan

Yes it came from China but they also had TWO whole months to prepare ! I wished we had that luxury here in Thailand . 

When. it first hit us it was Chinese New Year and BAM !

1 hour ago, XXL said:

And the UK and US governments once again distinguished themselves for all the wrong reasons. They squandered it the most, rethoric, ignorant talk and endless backtracking and going round in circles rather than taking the entire thing seriously from the get go

Unfortunately, I think all of Europe didn't take it seriously from the get go. Well, after this, I think EU would have a thorough plan what to do. I actually think that now, after the initial shock, the EU and the member states are doing the best they could in this tragic situation. 2020 has been a bitch sofar, not only to Madonna for her health issues, but to all of Europe...

4 minutes ago, elijah said:

Unfortunately, I think all of Europe didn't take it seriously from the get go. Well, after this, I think EU would have a thorough plan what to do. I actually think that now, after the initial shock, the EU and the member states are doing the best they could in this tragic situation. 2020 has been a bitch sofar, not only to Madonna for her health issues, but to all of Europe...

We really didn't take this seriously. To be fair, this is a first in 100 years and the 1919 flu was amidst a war. 

This is going to be very dramatic in terms of deaths. I hope we can contain this and every ill person gets treatment. 

I see that stupid Johnson's has changed the strategy. May all deaths provoked by his stupidity be on his conscience forever. 

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

We really didn't take this seriously. To be fair, this is a first in 100 years and the 1919 flu was amidst a war. 

This is going to be very dramatic in terms of deaths. I hope we can contain this and every ill person gets treatment. 

I see that stupid Johnson's has changed the strategy. May all deaths provoked by his stupidity be on his conscience forever. 

Hope you are wrong on the deaths. But its so devastating what is happening in Spain and Italy. Its tragic here too, we have under 100 people diagnosed (but the actual infected are much much MUCH more) and already 3 deaths... Yes I know its much much more tragic right now in Italy and Spain, but when you take in account how small our population is, we are not better off. Hope the warm weather kills this evil off SOMEHOW. I pray for that!!!

17 minutes ago, funkydita said:

What about all those billionaires?  Looking at you Jeff Bezos, Richard Branson and others...

Branson is too busy asking the Government for bail outs...

58 minutes ago, elijah said:

Still they did a lot more than the UK and the US governments and much earlier on, those two countries in particular are catching up only now because the number of cases is spiralling up

Pre-emptive measures are the best. Europe was closing all its internal and external borders, while orange potato was boasting about imposing a travel ban on travel from Europe bar the only two countries that are not part of Schengen, i.e. the UK and the Republic of Ireland, as if those two countries weren't IN Europe but part of an imaginary unknown continent

20 minutes ago, Fever said:

Branson is too busy asking the Government for bail outs...

Billionaires never have done anything except enriching themselves. This crisis won’t change them. They’re just fine. Bezos still putting paywalls on articles in WaPo relating to coronavirus, while others are lifting them. Amazon (Bezos owns that, too) requiring mandatory overtime and their warehouse is filthy and workers are starting to test positive. Bezos does nothing. 

1 hour ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

🤮

If only a few of these self indulgent assholes donated some money to make more ventilators or even protective equipment for clinical frontline staff that would be far more helpful than hearing their shitty ass off key voices singing the most overrated song of all time

3 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

If only a few of these self indulgent assholes donated some money to make more ventilators or even protective equipment for clinical frontline staff that would be far more helpful than hearing their shitty ass off key voices singing the most overrated song of all time

exactly

rich people are the worst

5 hours ago, Andra said:

Maybe he got tested because he knew he was in contact with someone who had it?  If he didn't get tested, now he'd be walking around infecting many others, so it's not a wasted kit!

These celebrities are always traveling and getting in contact with a ton of people, they are actually bound to be the first to get it.

Right i get that, but technically that kit could be used on someone who has symptoms. Its better to use it on someone who has symptoms so doctors can administer the correct treatment. Idris could have just social distanced or quarantined himself without being tested.

39 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

singing the most overrated song of all time

You know what I’d like to imagine?  A world without Imagine.  And that goes for Madonna’s versions too. 

45 minutes ago, XXL said:

Still they did a lot more than the UK and the US governments and much earlier on, those two countries in particular are catching up only now because the number of cases is spiralling up

Pre-emptive measures are the best. Europe was closing all its internal and external borders, while orange potato was boasting about imposing a travel ban on travel from Europe bar the only two countries that are not part of Schengen, i.e. the UK and the Republic of Ireland, as if those two countries weren't IN Europe but part of an imaginary unknown continent

You are right on all. However I am heartbroken at what is happening in Europe. I actually stopped following the numbers in Italy and Spain because I thought the tide was changing, but it’s like an avalanche of death... So much negative news since 2001 for EU. However I am sure we would overcome this hopefully stronger and more united.

Boris is a fucking nightmare with all this brexit blackmail. Dumb is the fucking worst thing for the whole world (apart from Saudi, North Korea and Russia) and especially Europe and human decency in general. He has to be tried for trying to steal the vaccine from Germany. That was a fucking low even for a piece of shit like this fucking bitch.

43 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Preach!

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Btw the EU has released a document about Russian bots spreading fake information to undermine EU. Please fact check everything, don't share false information. 

I have been saying this for years. The total devastation in EU is great for Putin and his horrible human hating regime. He is spewing venom against Europe for 10 years at least.

11 minutes ago, elijah said:

You are right on all. However I am heartbroken at what is happening in Europe. I actually stopped following the numbers in Italy and Spain because I thought the tide was changing, but it’s like an avalanche of death... So much negative news since 2001 for EU.

However I am sure we would overcome this hopefully stronger and more united.

Boris is a fucking nightmare with all this brexit blackmail. Dumb is the fucking worst thing for the whole world (apart from Saudi, North Korea and Russia) and especially Europe and human decency in general. He has to be tried for trying to steal the vaccine from Germany. That was a fucking low even for a piece of shit like this fucking bitch.

You're absolutely right

The lockdown terms here in Italy will be extended well beyond the original set date of April 3, it is not official yet but they're hinting at it

In the past 24 hours alone we've had 600 new deaths. The number of positive cases stands at 36,000

Some virologists and epidemiologists say that there are several strains of this COVID19. The strain that hit China is different than the strain that affected countries like Italy, Spain and Iran where the contagion seems to advance much more quickly and the death rate is significantly higher. Same for other European countries

By the way, China has the best PR and EU - the worst. It was today - from an interview of the commission president, that I found out that EU send a lot of materials, masks - tonnes actually, to China in January. China gave back the help she received this month. However no one bothered to inform the Europeans that the EU was active since the get go.

3 minutes ago, XXL said:

You're absolutely right

The lockdown terms here in Italy will be extended well beyond the original set date of April 3, it is not official yet but they're hinting at it

In the past 24 hours alone we've had 600 new deaths. The number of positive cases stands at 36,000

Some virologists and epidemiologists say that there are several strains of this COVID19. The strain that hit China is different than the strain that affected countries like Italy, Spain and Iran where the contagion seems to advance much more quickly and the death rate is significantly higher. Same for other European countries

I ve read about the strains. All I can say is God help us all.

1 hour ago, Suedehead said:

U know what.. I cringe when celebrities need to donate in times like these government's in the western hemisphere have enough fucking money to go around... But this idea that we have to be slaves to a kapitalist regime keeps them from making the right decisions. 

I sincerely hope that Madonna doesn't go and do the same. I mean, I want her to do some quarantine music session, but not self indulgent shit. She's in London and I'm sure there's ways to help vulnerable population there.

It's in the news here that London is going to go into Shut Down mode this Friday 20th March .

Military and police are being deployed . 40 tubes stations will be closed as well as most stores .

Supermarkets will stay open for only certain hours and will be guarded by police .

14 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

It's in the news here that London is going to go into Shut Down mode this Friday 20th March .

Military and police are being deployed . 40 tubes stations will be closed as well as most stores .

Supermarkets will stay open for only certain hours and will be guarded by police .

So Boris finally woke up?

One of the most frustrating things about all of this has been how many people are saying, “Why the hell are people freaking out? Why should anyone be worried! The mortality rate is only 3 to 4%!”.

Do these people not realize that even if you knock it down to 3% and assume that only 1 billion people out of the entire global population contract it, that is still 30 MILLION bodies? The societal, cultural and economic ramifications of that will be gargantuan, and last for generations.

And of course you have the idiots comparing statistics from the end of each flu season or even the H1N1 epidemic to the beginning statistics of the COVID-19 pandemic, and saying how much worse those were and thus the media is just trying to “whip us in to hysteria for ratings over nothing”. Evidently calculating the difference in mortality rates and understanding that this IS only the beginning is beyond these people.

1 hour ago, Butter9 said:

Head to the supermarket and grab whatever you can before the lockdown! :shock: