MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
promise to try

Spain...destroying themselves from the inside

17 minutes ago, elijah said:

OMG! What did this Rajoy do this time? He is so out of it.

A judge sent to prison to two leaders from associations related to the independence. These two leaders were part of a big demonstration were cars of the Guardia Civil (part of Spanish police) were destroyed and the guns robbed (which if you think about it, is VERY VERY BIG). They were on the cars calling the people to demonstrate more and more. At the same time, they invited the people to be peaceful. Are they good or bad guys? You choose.

With those two people in jail, accused of incitation of hate, things are hot again, because: 

1. Many corrupted politicians aren't in jail. 

2. Independentists consider that these two leaders are now political prisioners (they are not, because they are because of the acts, not the ideas, but then again, who is right?). There are MASSIVE demonstrations against this situation, asking for the liberation of these two people. And the three political parties are together again, claiming liberty and all that junk. 

3. In my case, I'm sad because once again you can feel that the separation of powers, so needed in a country, is a myth in Spain. Judges seem to obey what the Government wants.

Meanwhile, the most important EVER trial case of corruption in Spain is ending these days and, of course, nobody is talking about it. This Catalonia mess is a smoke courtain for both parts. And now it seems only people of Catalonia will lose, because independence is out of the question, as they have zero international support, but it is already affecting their economy. And what is worse, the region is parted in two, with independentists on one side and those agains it in another part. This is going to blow up big time there. I doubt this will affect the rest of Spain, tbqh. 

Tomorrow (or was it today?) Puigdemont has to say FINALLY if he declares the independence. Then the Spanish government will use an article in the Constitution, article 155, that voids all political structures in Catalonia, which will be controlled by Madrid. That has never been done before, not even in terrorism times in the 80s or 90s, so I don't know what will that mean and, with the streets so wild there, I dont' expect people will take it very pacefully. 

The funny thing is that after Puigdemont did that embarassing mess, most Spanish people have moved on. This second part of the conflict is like those second seasons that can't catch your atention. Most people in the rest of Spain have already moved on. I just ask some of my pals at work when was expected Puigdemont to answer and nobody knew. They are the Features and Arts section, mind. 

5 hours ago, Kim said:

What an ignorant and repugnant article.

I totally agree.

Just the fact the author says : "Independence is legitimate when you want to break free of tyranny or oppression." is the proof he has zero knowledge of what he is talking about. 

with galicia´s fires, people are not thinking about this anymore. in the same way they are not thinking about the corrupt politicians that never go to jail, or suddenly die!!!! how many unespected deaths in the PP? 13????

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

The funny thing is that after Puigdemont did that embarassing mess, most Spanish people have moved on. This second part of the conflict is like those second seasons that can't catch your atention. Most people in the rest of Spain have already moved on. I just ask some of my pals at work when was expected Puigdemont to answer and nobody knew. They are the Features and Arts section, mind. 

I feel the same. I was on the edge up until Puigdemont speech. Since then its all a mess, from both parts and hard to follow. I hope the problem is solved and Catalonia stays comfortably within Spain and that Catalonia continues to help the poorer regions of Spain.