2016 American Presidential Thread

spazz

I don't understand how anyone can take Trump seriously after tonight(not that I took him seriously before)? He did even worse tonight than I expected.

Hillary wiped the floor with him. He was totally outclassed.

Hillary is just  much more presidential and unlike Trump, she actually has a real grasp on the issues. She came across as articulate, calm and collected.

Sniffles on the other hand struggled to stay on topic, kept interrupting Hillary and became quite unhinged many times.

It's not even close. 

Seriously I can't remember one detailed idea from Trump. All nonsense. Secret plans, empty promises and attacks on Hillary. Surreal.

My fav moment : when asked what he would do about cyber security, he answered "My 10 year old son is so good at computers". :britwtf:

I pray to God Hillary wins this one Trump is coming across way too dodgey. Internationally speaking he seems to just not give a fuck about any other nations.. The "Make America Strong Again!" is such a boring, tired cliche. It's 2016 people should look further than their own little place. It's about the security and prosperity for all nations!  And I deeply question his motive to become president... He seems to be attacking politicians for doing a crap job as if he is above them but someone should tell him he's a politician as well if he's running for president. I fear for the stability of the world security if he wins.. 

And funny how he took back pretty much everything he said offensively towards other minorities. Now the racists, sexists and bigots that want him as president will realize that after all he's not racist or sexist or a bigot so are they still going to vote for him or aren't they going to be bothered voting as usual? One word: mess!

1 minute ago, MeakMaker said:

What's the story with Rosie? Did she piss him off?

He ruined her career. He was a disgusting, homophobic, misogynistic pig and the world applauded him and treated Rosie like trash. 

As bad as he was just dunno if it's really gonna matter. In a CNN poll he still got 27% while she got 62% on who did better. You'd think she'd get at LEAST 70%. and still went into the spin room after the debate. People (esp low info people) truly see and absorb these little things.  

My god there are 27% of people that dont know how to see that the majority of what he said were lies???? 

Cosmo have pt up his anti women statements from the past including women that have abortions should be punished hes getting ripped apart. 

It wasn't the train wreak I was expecting, but he certainly didn't do himself any favors. 

He was himself, for better or of worse. And at this point, I don't know if that hurts of helps him. My hope is that level headed suburbanites come to their senses about all of this. That's where the election will be won.

My bet is that she gets a 1-2 point bounce out of this. Just enough to win. 

8 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

It wasn't the train wreak I was expecting, but he certainly didn't do himself any favors. 

He was himself, for better or of worse. And at this point, I don't know if that hurts of helps him. My hope is that level headed suburbanites come to their senses about all of this. That's where the election will be won.

My bet is that she gets a 1-2 point bounce out of this. Just enough to win. 

We must've not watched the same debate. 

His only strong point was making his fans go nuts by mentioning her emails. The rest was incoherent gibberish. 

I have NO idea what he plans on doing if he wins the election. Not a single coherent, concrete idea/plan. I can't imagine any undecided voter watching his train wreck of a performance against Clinton and siding with him.

21 minutes ago, Barney said:

My god there are 27% of people that dont know how to see that the majority of what he said were lies???? 

Cosmo have pt up his anti women statements from the past including women that have abortions should be punished hes getting ripped apart. 

I think as 'good' maybe as Hillary was to many in the moment, she absolutely should've zapped him 10x harder on that, his VP choice, and the Supreme Court and what it may mean socially as shitloads of millennials get fired up w/ those things. It's ALL abt. the first debate then most lose interest. Yes, she was def 'better' but was still more focused on herself looking better vs. hardcore red meat issues to the base SHE needs. As awful as he was he still delivered to his base who aint going anywhere. And looking back on it she had this constant unnecessary creepy smirk she didn't need to display most of the time. 

1 minute ago, ULIZOS said:

We must've not watched the same debate. 

His only strong point was making his fans go nuts by mentioning her emails. The rest was incoherent gibberish. 

I have NO idea what he plans on doing if he wins the election. Not a single coherent, concrete idea/plan. I can't imagine any undecided voter watching his train wreck of a performance against Clinton and siding with him.

Oh no, I agree with everything you just said.

But he still has 40-ish, percent. No matter what he does. 

Yes, tonight (at least I hope) probably swayed some voters. But it's still going to be closer than we'd all want it to be. But, that's just politics today unfortunately If the next two debates are like this one, she'll win the same electoral victory as Obama did in 2012m minus Iowa, add North Carolina.