New Grammy thread: The Queen of Life OWNS IT

According to Forbes, the most-watched moment of last Grammy night was Madonna singing Living For Love for the first time on a tv show!

"1. Madonna’s performance of “Living for Love” came in at number one. The woman will probably still be rocking fishnet stockings and corsets on stage when she’s 75 years old – and that’s why we love her. Her matador number might not have been the best performance of her career (or of last night’s Grammys) but she’s Madonna. It’s not like she needs to prove herself anymore. She appears on a stage, we watch."

Madonna knows exactly what she's doing and how to manipulate them. If she wanted to be their darling she would switch back to her spiritual boring Ray of light persona, being asexual. When she flashed her ass to the waiting press, she knew exactly what she was doing, when she records Holy water or SEX she knows what she's doing. She's telling them FUCK OFF, you won't tell me who or what i'm supposed to be and the more you'll tell me i shouldn't the more i'll do it.

Indie blogs are run by know-it-all pricks who don't see themself aging, i know because i work for a few of them and these people in their very late 30's don't realize that they are building their own coffins with ageist and elitist remarks. See how Madonna cares, she's all smiles, #1,2 and 3 on Itunes, voted best performance of the night WHEN SHE WAS NOT EVEN NOMINATED. She decided she does not care and so should we. Hence why i don't read negative press or blogs (really blogs ? In 2015 ?) or even back handed comments here (i block instantly, i don't care about bullshit opinion now). Nobody will rain on my parade, let them suck lemons till their stomach ulcers blow.

Bravo!

I've rewatched parts of the ceremony and I gotta say I thought it was a pretty good show overall, not as dull as I thought it would be.

Hozier and Annie Lennox were amazing, Ed Sheeran and Katy were both lovely too. That Bey performance though was an absolute cringefest and I still can't believe this POS song Rihanna recorded is getting so much love...But overall, it was a nice show with M as the highlight!

"Classy" to them means wearing long gowns and standing in front of a mic

Like Katy Perry? :vomit: it doesn't matter what she does. People will always have shit to say about her.

She definitely stole the show last night, even though Annie Lenox sang her ass off.

I love the intro for the performance a lot. That was something that surprised me, wonder if the Tour will be called "the Revolution of Love Tour"

And there is a girl behind Taylor Swift holding her hands up,

It's Este Haim, but she looks a bit detatched, Danielle next to her is loving the song but she's not as dramatic.

Still pissed Haim didn't win anything.

in the end that's all they've got meaningless polls

look at the numbers M had highest rated performance of the night

Totally. M. is everywhere today. I can't stop watching and reading.

conclusion:

this was her best Grammy performance so far.

1. Living for Love

2. Hung Up

3. Music

4. Nothing Really Matters

5. Cane

I have to agree. It was just epic in every way. I wasn't sure it was going to top Hung Up for me personally, but she did it.

in the end that's all they've got meaningless polls

look at the numbers M had highest rated performance of the night

Exactly. 50 years from now, nobody's gonna look back at these 2 women and think "But Gaga had more votes on Billboard's website for the Grammy poll, so she was the real queen". Let Madonna's legacy and body of work speak for itself. Why waste the energy on a bunch of fools with nothing better to do than this?

Exactly. 50 years from now, nobody's gonna look back at these 2 women and think "But Gaga had more votes on Billboard's website for the Grammy poll, so she was the real queen". Let Madonna's legacy and body of work speak for itself. Why waste the energy on a bunch of fools with nothing better to do than this?

Exactly, manipulating social media is all they have and pretty much all they ever had. Madonna has dominated the press from last night with no or little sight of Goober or mention of her performance.

Exactly, manipulating social media is all they have and pretty much all they ever had. Madonna has dominated the press from last night with no or little sight of Goober or mention of her performance.

It's too funny. Bitch actually won a grammy at the grammys and nobody gives a shit.

Madonna's ass on the red carpet alone has gotten more coverage.

I liked this random tweet

David Driscoll (@David__Driscoll)

09/02/2015 01:54

If Madonna was doing this in front a #WWE audience, the crowd would be chanting "you still got it"

She looked really great during the performance (though not on the red carpet). Props to her for singing live too.

I really didn't like it. 2 thoughts.

-Why is 'B' (if it was her) still in a job? It's a rhetorical question, I know why she's in a job, but she's still a talentless nothing, and I'm frankly astonished someone with a uterus could possess so little understanding of or sympathy for the female form. It takes some real doing to make someone with Madonna's level of body look bad. Performance is one thing, but outside performance, Madonna doesn't need to show up to everything like it's a halloween party -it's not 2010 anymore; we've moved on from Gaga.

-It was fairly dark -sloppily so and not in a very well done way. I'm not silly enough to see everything as an illuminati ritual - actually the moral of the video was quite bright; Madonna vanquishing her demons in indomitable style. The performance was a reversal. The demons vanquishing Madonna, with her lifeless body hoisted up at the end. I really liked the video. For the same reason, I really disliked this performance.

Also, love the moment when the kabuki screen disappears and you first see Madonna, in the bottom corner you can see Ariana Grande standing up to give her a standing ovation, all by herself.

There were a few flaws in the performance as well. Madonna tore the left shoulder of her jacket and she messed up her dance steps during the dance break in the middle (it's not that obvious but she sticks her leg inbetween the dancers leg one beat too early, which sort of messes things up)

Overall: Performance of LIFE!!!

j noticed this too.

im guessing they made some last minute change to the choreography cause there were a few misteps there.

it wasnt obvious the first time i saw it so i dont think the gp noticed but when i rewatched later on that night u can see something went wrong.

she was uncontested the best performer last night though. she made an excelent impression