New album thread - 12-disc "song cycle" opus rumour gains momentum

ryan

Guest Rachelle of London

I don't think m would state an album title so early especially how much she is prone to changing it. I just think it's a song title

i wish she'd release the standard album then wait til third single to release the DELUXE, that way the third single can be a brand new song....release it closer to the tour...u can then do the album with tour ticket deal again.....hmmm

I don't like those tricks :mellow:

I don't think m would state an album title so early especially how much she is prone to changing it. I just think it's a song title

But for someone who was hesitant to reveal "MDNA" to people, she sure seems willing to share these titles. I realize we don't have a previous IG era to compare, but I get the sense that she's much more confident in the themes this time around.

A double album does seem unlikely as Madonna doesn't release many singles anymore or promote them.

Apart from fans, a double album with 20 Madonna songs would be hard to "sell" to the masses on the strength of her "one lead single", possibly 2nd single with SOME promotion if were lucky!

I think there will be a standard and a special.

A double album does seem unlikely as Madonna doesn't release many singles anymore or promote them.

That makes no sense. She had 16 songs on MDNA and released only 3 singles, which seems to be the usual number of singles for most acts nowadays before they move on to the next project. The new album can be a double album with 18 songs (9 on each CD) and she could still release only 3 singles. I don't see the connection.

^ I'm not sure I follow. A double album doesn't have to be more expensive. Beyonce did one. It could only be like 18 songs, 9 on each disc or something and just split in two based on theme. The deluxe MDNA was 17 tracks.