New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

From the July 3-17 issue of Rolling Stone:

The intimate dance club Output, on an industrial corner in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, is known for elite DJ sets; the Godzilla-footsteps bass of its world class Funktion One sound system; and, perhaps above all, a strict ban on photography. But try telling that to the blond lady of indeterminate age lurking by the stairs of the elevated DJ booth, her features hidden by a witchy black hat, pulled low. Around 2 a.m. on a Friday in early June, she's snapping picture after picture of baby-faced, T-shirted Guy and Howard Lawrence, the brothers behind Disclosure, as they twist knobs and cue up tracks on glowing Technics decks. She's getting right in their faces with her iPhone, using the flash, even, and no one's saying a word. Probably because she's Madonna.

She puts the phone down, and while young Brooklynites writhe at her feet in strobe-splashed stop-motion, Madonna is still. A tiny, crimson grin emerges from the hat's shadow: She's seeing pop future, which sounds not entirely unlike "Vogue" - just as she once did, Disclosure draw on the gospel-soul vocals and enveloping synths of deep house

Just listened to this NKills Mirrors track. The guy is right, that track is total Gaga drivel.

I mean.. They accusing me of being a little suicide. LMAO

Anyone who knows Natalia Kills knows it! That's why I don't like her.

Edited by Jemoen

So what do you suggest you gayz? Huh? That we just sit tight and ho-hum for a few months and say nothing at all? Or that we all just make sure we share the exact some opinion to "keep the peace"? The thread was perfectly fine before the forum police came running in trying to silence an opinion that differed from their own. 20 pages of "OMG I cant wait for Madonna's new album" gets very old very fast with nothing to actually base it on... as would 20 pages of "OMG this album's gonna suck dirty dick." Respectful disagreements are allowed you know.

As we know so little, there's only so much we can talk about either way.

Seriously, que pinche hueva.

Can someone please just let us know when there's REAL news by changing the title of the official tread so we don't have to waste our time reading through all the fighting and crying over absolutely nothing? Thanks.

Can someone please just let us know when there's REAL news by changing the title of the official tread so we don't have to waste our time reading through all the fighting and crying over absolutely nothing? Thanks.

Great suggestion, and it will be in effect once something new happens. Until then, we are passing around a bucket of ice, let's all cool our tits down, okay?

Keep your trashy, low class mexican slang out of this thread thanks.

ATTENTION MADGE FANS. ATTENTION MADGE FANS. STOP posting in this thread until we have some news STOP. Just sit and stare at the screen.

Just let the forum die. THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING.

STOP.

Great suggestion, and it will be in effect once something new happens. Until then, we are passing around a bucket of ice, let's all cool our tits down, okay?

It's not a suggestion, it's what we've been doing. Once there's some news, the UPDATE part of the thread title will be....updated. Just as is it was the last time we had some news.

MESS. This girl is a Fame Monster's tribute act.

:RIP: x100

Just listened to this NKills Mirrors track. The guy is right, that track is total Gaga drivel.

That's because Natalia worked with Martin Kierszenbaum on her debut, the same person Gaga worked with on a few tracks on "The Fame". Which to me says it's NOT Gaga's sound, but Kierszenbaum's.

Sorry to drag this up, but I just saw this. Thank you Crux my darling, but just to clarify, while I sometimes act the fool in off topic and have a bit of fun there, everything I say in the Madonna section I mean and it's not intended to shit stir or any of that nonsense. We're all entitled to our opinion, just don't dictate what can and can't be discussed because you happen to disagree with it, that's all.

But that's exactly what you're doing, hun. You keep bitching about everyone who thinks Diplo is a better producer than Avicii. I mean, it's okay to be entitled to your opinion but trashing everyone who thinks otherwise is unfair. That said, I'm gonna keep my mouth shut about you for now, because I'm more insterested in talking about the album.

I hope both producers deliver and everyone will be flashed and positive about this album once it's released. I can see this album ending up as a really good and upgraded version of Music/American Life/Ray of Light. Acoustic guitars/Lots of Instruments/Samples mixed with dance music or cool electronic beats.

Keep your trashy, low class mexican slang out of this thread thanks.

ATTENTION MADGE FANS. ATTENTION MADGE FANS. STOP posting in this thread until we have some news STOP. Just sit and stare at the screen.

Just let the forum die. THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING.

STOP.

Kim doing quite a bit of legwork for the Forum these last days. Much appreciated. :kiss2::inlove:

But that's exactly what you're doing, hun. You keep bitching about everyone who thinks Diplo is a better producer than Avicii. I mean, it's okay to be entitled to your opinion but trashing everyone who thinks otherwise is unfair. That said, I'm gonna keep my mouth shut about you for now, because I'm more insterested in talking about the album.

I hope both producers deliver and everyone will be flashed and positive about this album once it's released. I can see this album ending up as a really good and upgraded version of Music/American Life/Ray of Light. Acoustic guitars/Lots of Instruments/Samples mixed with dance music or cool electronic beats.

Why are you dragging this up again? I was not "trashing everyone who thinks otherwise" I was giving MY OPINION on Diplo's production skills. Others were then agreeing or posting examples of his work for us to further discuss. You then decided to try and dictate what could and couldn't be discussed. Feel free to "trash" Avicii. I don't give a toss. Don't however come strolling in, snapping at people because their opinion differs from yours or because you don't like the standard of conversation or, like these latest idiots, because we're not discussing "official news" only.

In fact we all just had a pleasantly nice conversation over the last day or so about Diplo's and Avicii's possible contributions to the album...if you'd bother to read it.