New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

To be honest, I think we all love when Madonna is on top, breaking her own records and having smash hit singles and winning awards. I love it when it happens. I want her to do well in that regard.

But on the other hand I just want some new music from her. The kind of gratification that I get from her music is something that I can not get from anyone or anything else in this world. She makes me feel good. And in the end this is all that matters to me. She never failed me in that regard, even with HC which is my least favorite album.

Of course I agree with this!!

But I don't want her to get the MARIAH CAREY disease........! Never!

To be honest, I think we all love when Madonna is on top, breaking her own records and having smash hit singles and winning awards. I love it when it happens. I want her to do well in that regard.

But on the other hand I just want some new music from her. The kind of gratification that I get from her music is something that I can not get from anyone or anything else in this world. She makes me feel good. And in the end this is all that matters to me. She never failed me in that regard, even with HC which is my least favorite album.

THIS

The biggest problem with MDNA was there was absolutely no promotion and live performances (aside from a few interviews) except for the Super Bowl, and that was just GMAYL. I think the US would still be actually be quite interested in what she's doing, and I have no doubt with a proper promotional campaign - TV appearances, live performances, radio deals, commercial tie-ins, etc - and the right single she could still have a big hit here.

Of course I agree with this!!

But I don't want her to get the MARIAH CAREY disease........! Never!

You mean lying about her achievements, being obsessed over charts and breaking her china when she doesn't get a #1? Never! :lol:

Guest Rachelle of London

I do agree with Meakmaker to a certain extent but I still think Rihanna will do really well again! But nothing's certified!

Adele or Taylor Swift or even Rihanna are not necessarily going to sell big. What if the public won't respond to their releases? There's so many examples in the music business of artists having massive albums (Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette or even Music by Madonna) and their next offering was really embarrassing and didn't sell much (Supposedly Former Infatuation Junkie and American Life - by the way, i love the album i 'm just reflecting on its chart performance).

Rihanna is most likely to have a massive hit but Diamonds wasn't as big as We Found Love or What's My Name.. Her latest album was so so and she might release a single that's not going to the right direction. i love Riahnna but even her reached a point in her career where nothing's for granted.

Swift might have a better chance as she's made it really big with her latest album but as someone was pointing out her sound is very teen orientated and she might want to sway a little bit into a more mature sound which is very risky.

Adele is definitely the one to watch as she sold so much with her last album breaking records and selling millions but once again what if she does an Alanis?? And if her latest single (James Bond OST - Skyfall) is any indication she's not so hugely popular as anyone might think.

Madonna could be the dark horse.. Compared to the above mentioned she doesn't seem to have a chance but she might actually have something really good and the public might warm up to her again... who knows?

Today music business is so precarious nothing's for certain.. just look at Gaga's case. She was so huge only 5 years ago now she's barely breathing..Madonna's legend nothing will change that but it would be nice to still see her inspiring people again.

I was just about to point out everything you mentioned.

I'm not so sure lightening will strike twice with Adele....Swift has proved she's a consistent seller but serious ...yawn.

The biggest problem with MDNA was there was absolutely no promotion and live performances (aside from a few interviews) except for the Super Bowl, and that was just GMAYL. I think the US would still be actually be quite interested in what she's doing, and I have no doubt with a proper promotional campaign - TV appearances, live performances, radio deals, commercial tie-ins, etc - and the right single she could still have a big hit here.

yes and not all of the promotion stuffed into a two week period....the plan should extend to cover the 2nd single. she leaves that 2nd single out...Rol/Music were the last albums that she promoted and exposed multiple tracks on the album. AL promo on mtv did too but it was such a limited audience and one time thing. the Britney kiss performance was someone detached from the AL album.

whatever she does...multiple song exposure should be part of it.

I want a late-November release.She will be able to take advantage of the holiday shopping season.She released COADF in late November and it worked it out perfectly.The album sold steadily throughout that season.

I want a late-November release.She will be able to take advantage of the holiday shopping season.She released COADF in late November and it worked it out perfectly.The album sold steadily throughout that season.

but I don't wanna wait!

dawson-bawl.jpg

i can only see her doing that if the tour kicks off soon after the album drops. so far so sight of a tour in the works...they may come up with some other scheme to drive heavy first week sales...

Like I said, if we are getting a fall release I think the VMA's would be a good place to showcase whatever the single is going to be and put on a great live performance.

I don't give a shit if the show has been crap for years now. Madonna just needs to make it her night and make a mark for herself where everyone will be talking about her the next day. Fuck everyone else.

Hi I'm new here. This is my second post, but I wanted to say that I'm very excited for the upcoming album.

I think Madonna is working very, VERY hard on it. All the people she is writing with, producing with, collaborating with. She has a whole organization of talent working hard on this project. Didn't she even somehow involve Ferrell?

Just have patience you guys. It will be amazing!

:welcome:

Guest Rachelle of London

I wouldn't mind another VMA performance but I would prefer the EMAs. Or both. I genuinely think the VMAs are just too far off the crapscale for M. At least the EMAs are fun to watch

Like I said, if we are getting a fall release I think the VMA's would be a good place to showcase whatever the single is going to be and put on a great live performance.

I don't give a shit if the show has been crap for years now. Madonna just needs to make it her night and make a mark for herself where everyone will be talking about her the next day. Fuck everyone else.

I agree. Even though the show has turned into a joke, she's a reminder of the days when it was fun and cool. It's the 30th anniversary of both the show and her LAV performance. I think it would be PERFECT.

I also think she should do SNL. That show has also declined in recent years, but it's still a great platform for music artists - Lana Del Rey, Sam Smith, St. Vincent, and others have all gotten big headlines from it. And it's a pretty controlled environment where she could put on a great little show as opposed to those one-song performance with huge live audiences that seem to go by in a blur (which is NOT M's forte).

Oh, and she also needs to do Letterman again before he goes off the air. So many opportunities for her to make a big impact without really putting ALL that much effort or time in.

people still thinks longevity exists in music industry? (and when that happens it means selling like 20k a week....). even if there are big names (and most of them will drop to near to zero copies sold after 1st week), this doesn't means there are no slots....

hope for a great promo letting notice the general audience as much great songs as possible (aehrm.....if the right songs are chosen....)...this for a great tour...

since when people are worried about competition from the likes of riri or anybody else?

Longevity today means it doesn't plummet off the chart after two months the way MDNA did. The only way that will happen is if there's a huge single or a series of hits, which we know isn't going to happen. But longevity can be created in other ways, like released the album in mid November so it gets a boost around Thanksgiving and then another boost around Christmas. COADF saw a huge increase the last week of 2005 and then got another little bump around the Grammys. The Grammy bump is probably unlikely unless she performs, but the holiday bumps are very realistic.

November 11th is not late November honey.

The first single should be on a commercial. It's been much more effective than radio airplay in many cases.

^ She should definitely look into alternative ways of getting the songs into people's heads. But it needs to be a major campaign, not like what they did with "Superstar."

November 11th is not late November honey.

The first single should be on a commercial. It's been much more effective than radio airplay in many cases.

I agree,the first single needs to be in a commercial.That would be some effective promotion right there.

I hope she bundles the album with the tour tickets again...that helped MDNA a lot..I don't want to see her debut with like 150k in sales in the US..

I hope that she *doesn't* do that.I remember she received some criticism for that.Haters were saying that she tried to inflate the sales of her album with that stunt.With a strong first single and some aggressive promotion,she'll have huge first-week sales.She won't have to do the ticket bundle thing.

And we are supposed to care what the haters think because? They're gonna hate and twist things about her regardless what she does so stop worrying about them. :newspaper:

I hope she bundles the album with the tour tickets again...that helped MDNA a lot..I don't want to see her debut with like 150k in sales in the US..

Well if she releases in the fall when album sales are much higher (unlike MDNA which was released when they are pretty much at their lowest) And actually releases a lead single that people love (Which MDNA didn't have either) I think she will be okay.

And lets be honest. Based on other debuts from other females like Christina, Britney, Mariah, Jlo...150k doesn't sound too shabby and at least Madonna has the rest of the world to give her a nice cushion where those other artists really only have America.

And we are supposed to care what the haters think because? They're gonna hate and twist things about her regardless what she does so stop worrying about them. :newspaper:

Bingo.

:smooch:

Just got back from a Madonnathon! Ugh it was crazy. I got in the platform and performed GGW. :lmao: completely forgot it and now I'm bleeding from my knee (I still don't know how) ...crazy nights. Love Madonna.