Lucky Star on Confessions Tour

ryan

THEY REMOVED THE DIALOGUE FROM THE INTRO ON THE DVD!!!

I am still pissed about this! I was never a fan of LS on CT, but this was the best bit.

This was Nicki's introduction to us Madonna fans, this why we love her. It showed she had bottom and real sass!

And it was truly the last "funny/cheesy" moment we had from Madonna, it's a bit reminiscent of the ending of Holiday and Everybody on GST.

I especially love the moment when she backs away from putting on the cape at first.

"Sista gurl..., YOU GOTTA GET UPP!"

"The par-tay ain't ova!"

"You're skinny but you sho are heavy!"

:rotfl:

It's a very classic throwback moment. Very weather girls.

WHAT IS THIS!?

Why on Earth would they leave this out!? Lucky Star was already a HIGHLIGHT of the concert, but seeing this on the DVD would have sent me over the moon!!! :wow: I love the banter with her backup singers. Nicki 2.0 seems like such a sweetheart too!

Guest Rachelle of London

I adore when Madonna and her back up singers have moments like this. I prefer my bootleg Confessions than the actual DVD

This performance was the closest thing to a throwback to the classic M-Donna-Niki trio of years past. Even the great Ms. Delory said, "I thought it was incredible to hear the old school version of Lucky Star in a live show. That was amazing for me."

It's cheesy, whoopie. It's so fucking cheesy.

Well..., I like cheese. Cheddar, Munster, American, babybel, provolone, mozzarella, gouda, pepper jack. I like it all, except i'm not very fond of Swiss.

But it's okay if you don't. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. We all have different taste. That's what makes the world so beautiful, it's so different, filled with..., different people!

I stopped reading after this.

I

can't

really

get into it.

It's cause of a multitude of reasons:

A) I don't like how they used the music of HU for LS

B) I don't care for the segue between the two tracks. And because of reason A, it makes it seem like it's all one performance that runs like 17 minutes long.

C) Hung Up is a good ender to the concert, but it deserved it's own stand-alone intro. It needed something anthematic, something eventful. Something that kicks off with a blast.

B) I don't care for the segue between the two tracks. And because of reason A, it makes it seem like it's all one performance that runs like 17 minutes long.

That's exactly why I love it. I think LS + HU is THE perfect mash-up :lol:

Guest Rachelle of London

I

can't

really

get into it.

It's cause of a multitude of reasons:

C) Hung Up is a good ender to the concert, but it deserved it's own stand-alone intro. It needed something anthematic, something eventful. Something that kicks off with a blast.

I agree.

The music from original LS is heard at the start of LS (not just the sparkling sounds, which are heard throughout and even in the transition between the two performances), up until she starts singing. If you're not listening closely, I could see how some could miss it. She did that really well, fusing the classic and new sounds.