MDNA Setlist [SPOILERS]

IslandBreeze

It is very unlikely that we'll have another tour with this same concept/frame in the future. Besides an option for a MDNA Part 2 she can't do what she's doing now three years from now. Not with a similar reception to her album, not in that kind of locations and not at those prices. *Given that* the world will be the same, which is not to take for granted either.

very true, there is no way she can do a tour on this scale again if she doesnt put effort into promoting the music. If she does nothing to promote the next album there simply wont be the numbers attending the shows. sad but true. "its all about the tour" will work this time but wont again.

yes. express yourself is mixed with born this way and at the end of the song she repeats "she's not me".

Yawn. I don't like this gaga woman but I'm still hoping this gaga shade is not true. That's so.... childish, unnecessary. :thumbsdown:

Yawn. I don't like this gaga woman but I'm still hoping this gaga shade is not true. That's so.... childish, unnecessary. :thumbsdown:

If she's truly mixing the two, I doubt she would say that at the end, anyway she'd still need to ask for permission to feature the song, let alone in this way. Even though nobody asked her permission over EY either.

If BTW is true it's interesting because that means either Gaga OK'd it which would be really weird or Madonna is just going to do as she pleases with BTW and wait for Gaga to sue :lol: the downside is that Gaga should just be left to slip quietly into oblivion at this point in time.

New info on JML video

In one scene she is lying on a couch with her legs spread open with a glass of brandy in-between her thighs. She smokes a cigar. At the end of the video she puts a mask on. :lol:

yes. express yourself is mixed with born this way and at the end of the song she repeats "she's not me".

i find this a bit odd

wouldnt she need permission to use 'born this way' from gaga? and surley if M is using it as a diss so-to-speak , im surprised gaga allowed it.....

i find this a bit odd

wouldnt she need permission to use 'born this way' from gaga? and surley if M is using it as a diss so-to-speak , im surprised gaga allowed it.....

I'm not sure about this, but usually you can get permission from the publisher pretty easily to do someone's song as long as you don't change the lyrics. It's like doing a cover. People cover Madonna's songs all the time.

i find this a bit odd

This would be lower than Reductive. So NO, I wish it's not true.

Depending on what she does, she wouldn't need permission. If she's singing some of the lyrics of Born This Way over Express Yourself, then she doesn't need permission. But if it's a direct sample (like Frozen used I'm Not Alone on the S&S) she would need to get permission.

I'm gonna have to ask for clarification on if she actually uses gaga's lyrics or if it's just the music. Anyway, it's such a Madonna thing for her to do. You use my song, then I'll use yours.

Oh please no, she will have a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE backlash, it would be a disaster :scared:

She really don't need bad publicity like this, you know the medias will be ALL over it.

Guest Not4Pussies

i wish she wouldn't do it either. it's just giving this whole BTW/EY thing more attention.

Her nice one word comment about it was enough.

Plus, if she does this, she's giving 'the thing' more attention and i believe 'the thing' will benefit from it,

you can sing anything live but if you want it later on the DVD etc you need permission and to pay royalties.

As NobodyKnowsMe wrote, you only need permission if it's a direct sample lifted from the original recording, not if it's a cover or an interpolation of someone else's music. Apparently, that's why the Stardust sample in "Holiday" on the Drowned World Tour was edited out of the DVD release.

But she'll have to pay royalties no matter what.

I'm gonna have to ask for clarification on if she actually uses gaga's lyrics or if it's just the music. Anyway, it's such a Madonna thing for her to do. You use my song, then I'll use yours.

I think she'll sing a part of "Born This Way" over the music of "Express Yourself", to prove how similar the songs are...

Guest Not4Pussies

when did we get a preview of the pics from the tourbook for S&S?

are we getting a new photoshoot for the tourbook or recycled photos?

it seems she goes back and forth:

DWT - recycled photos

RIT - new photoshoots

CT - recycled photos

S&S - new photoshoot

MDNA - ??

when did we get a preview of the pics from the tourbook for S&S?

are we getting a new photoshoot for the tourbook or recycled photos?

it seems she goes back and forth:

DWT - recycled photos

RIT - new photoshoots

CT - recycled photos

S&S - new photoshoot

MDNA - ??

I remember that the S&S tourbook leaked the same day of the kickoff date.

Guest groovyguy

So how long 'till the costume sketches leak? Or r David & Mercy still cutting patterns?

https://twitter.com/#!/pboutte

Phillip Boutte Jr. is working with Arianne Phillips on the MDNA Tour costumes & just posted this:

"Concept to completion.

%26quot;" data-controller="core.front.core.autoSizeIframe">

"Very soon. I am not allowed to say much. Just know that this tour will blow your mind. Madonna is in top form!"

Could it be possible dancer costumes or one of Madonna's???

71ffd58a9dfd11e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg

Could it be possible dancer costumes or one of Madonna's???

She's probably going to do a cover of the birdy song. No worse than Candy Plop.

But seriously, I'm not sure what to make of the costume. Are they going to re-enact 'The Birds' and she's Janet Leigh?

I must admit, I'm wondering if there is going to be a mass unveiling of the tour. The current tour poster is so lacking - in theme, design etc. I just think there's going to be some massive unveiling of a theme with will bring everything together but then again, I feel I being to hopeful.