MDNA Promo Discussion - "non-traditional campaign"?

Apples388

She didn't turn herself from a white italian woman to a black man with NO NOSE now did she? Wtf...

We all know thats not the case. But give yourself a sense of humour. We all need to laugh today. :thumbsup:

^ I thought he was serious :lol:

That is the whole problem. She has over exerted herself with too many projects all at once. The tour could have been postponed to a few months later in the year to give her the chance to promote the album and to even squeeze in a break.

Then he should have been the one to push it back. Do you think Madonna has time to sit down and figure out the trajectory of what she is going to do when she has that many things on her mind? She is going along with what his plans are, and because she loves to work, it makes no difference to her when it happens. She isn't thinking about her first week sales (as you can tell from that surprise video where she doesn't even seem to care that MDNA was #1) or her single performance. That is Guy Oseary's job. BLAME HIM FOR ONLY WANTING THE TOUR BOX OFFICE.

She fucked up the single, sure, but that's only a part of why this album release has been so fucked. There was clear demand for it (see what happened during the Super Bowl?), and they blew it. They can still salvage it, but unless it happens soon, it's gonan be too late. But we can't place the blame solely on Madonna. A businesswoman she may be, but when you're the performer, the writer, the talent, you need your manager to do his job with flying colors. He hasn't done that.

In all fairness, Madonna has been in the fame game way before Guy was even born so you'd expect her to oversee all the marketing plans and decisions. Or at least call them out when the plans seem lame.

:lmao: at some o u loons & ur little phag worlds

If anything this proves M doesn't give all that many fucks & does what she wants 2 do regardless.

Is the promo well executed? NO. But just 'cuz pop song doesn't hit the top 40 it don't mean she's delusional :manson:

If anything, statistically this should have happened some 15 years ago WITH promo. She's still exceptional. :fag:

Is it only me that finds unintentionally funny that after such a sad song that is "Best Friend" it comes the transvestite remix of "Give Me All Your Luvin"? :lol:

In all fairness, Madonna has been in the fame game way before Guy was even born so you'd expect her to oversee all the marketing plans and decisions. Or at least call them out when the plans seem lame.

SHE DOESN'T CARE. She wants to go on the road and perform. Whether or not her album succeeds anymore is less and less relevant to her now. She leaves that aspect of her career to others now.

Were you alive during Confessions? That's an example of an album promotion schedule going perfectly. Guy Oseary was her manager then too. Clearly there is an ambivalence about that kind of promotion now. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? It's the way it is.

She is not that old! :lmao: GO is 40! :lmao:

SHE DOESN'T CARE. She wants to go on the road and perform. Whether or not her album succeeds anymore is less and less relevant to her now. She leaves that aspect of her career to others now.

Were you alive during Confessions? That's an example of an album promotion schedule going perfectly. Guy Oseary was her manager then too. Clearly there is an ambivalence about that kind of promotion now. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? It's the way it is.

I agree that the marketing strategy for Confessions was perfection. And I understand that wouldn't work now but she could have at least done some TV appearances in all major territories to help promote MDNA.

who said 'album of the year' please god not guy o

the third week sales of the album will be even LESS than they r now...a tour does NOT generate sales of anything...esp. at her prices for tour tickets! the tour isnt even selling out!

GUY O NEEDS TO BE FIRED BUT HE PROBABLY HAS SO MANY HANDS IN THE POT OF MADONNA - EVERYTHING - THAT IT WOULD BE TOO DIFFICULT FOR HER TO JUST FIRE HIM AND WALK AWAY...HE'S IN EVERYTHING...not only as manager, but business partner in a lot of things

it is all about the money, that simple now

who said 'album of the year' please god not guy o

the third week sales of the album will be even LESS than they r now...a tour does NOT generate sales of anything...esp. at her prices for tour tickets! the tour isnt even selling out!

GUY O NEEDS TO BE FIRED BUT HE PROBABLY HAS SO MANY HANDS IN THE POT OF MADONNA - EVERYTHING - THAT IT WOULD BE TOO DIFFICULT FOR HER TO JUST FIRE HIM AND WALK AWAY...HE'S IN EVERYTHING...not only as manager, but business partner in a lot of things

it is all about the money, that simple now

"well I have to pay rent..."

He must have a TELL ALL book up his sleeve... :D If i were Madonna, i would be afraid, very afraid... :nervous:

Guest Xanthium

Well I guess the 2nd week sales plummet is hitting the mainstream cause this article was on my Yahoo homepage

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-watch/week-ending-april-8-2012-albums-mdna-takes-121000818.html

I didn't know the #1 sales drop belonged to Michael Buble's Xmas album. That means Madonna has the biggest drop EVER for an album (not including holiday releases). EEEEEK!

I didn't know the #1 sales drop belonged to Michael Buble's Xmas album. That means Madonna has the biggest drop EVER for an album (not including holiday releases). EEEEEK!

Queen of guinness records! :dramatic:

They seem to be putting an awful lot of faith in the tour. So far it just sounds like the tour is the same old format she always does. Four themed sets. I know we will have to wait until the actual first night but honestly, looking back at her last few tours, they all followed the same old formula. They had their own individual styles but still they were formulaic.

The UK has a diamond jubilee and the olympics either side of her concert. I really don't think people will notice her pass through!

They seem to be putting an awful lot of faith in the tour. So far it just sounds like the tour is the same old format she always does. Four themed sets. I know we will have to wait until the actual first night but honestly, looking back at her last few tours, they all followed the same old formula. They had their own individual styles but still they were formulaic.

Its our good old Madge! Be happy with it! :old:

ROTLF at all those so much in a fluster about her drop and wanting Guy O. fired. As if Madonna is as concerned as you guys when she has a huge tour soon to embark on. She loses nothing. Her money is made on the tour and until some fans get that in their head, they will continue to whine about lack of promotion and low sales when none of that matters to Madonna when she's selling out her shows, and about to break another record as the biggest grossing tour.

:clap:

Where are Neutrocks and Kurt 420 with the 4 paragraphs about "she is now a touring act "

15 pages of bitching doesn't mean she's not transitioning into primarily a touring act. :)

The fact that she STILL just doesn't seem to give a fuck at all about promoting this album further cements that fact.

Do you like the album?

Do you like the videos?

Do you care about seeing the tour?

If no to all those questions why are you here? If yes then why does it matter how much she sells?

It's sad because even she seems to realize that at age 53 her appeal as a "pop star" is not and will never be quite the same as it once was. She's continuing to be massively successful, just not in the same way she was in the 80's. It's really not that irrational of a notion to think that each decade her appeal as a traditional "pop star" will wane. Will you still be expecting her to score number one singles and 5 million ww selling albums when she's 70? :lol:

You do realize as time goes on, if she continues consistently releasing albums, that gradually it's gonna be just her core fanbase that even cares she releases a new album. She is Madonna so there will always be an interest in her to a degree but if she continues being prolific into her 70's (or even 80's :)) I highly doubt the general public will be foaming at the mouth each time she releases a new album. MDNA will then be the "good old days" when she could sell. :)

ROTLF at all those so much in a fluster about her drop and wanting Guy O. fired. As if Madonna is as concerned as you guys when she has a huge tour soon to embark on. She loses nothing. Her money is made on the tour and until some fans get that in their head, they will continue to whine about lack of promotion and low sales when none of that matters to Madonna when she's selling out her shows, and about to break another record as the biggest grossing tour.

$$$ :confused: $$$

shut up neut

lol...anyway, ya my email is going ape shit bananas over this shit! there is nothing we can do, she refuses to do promotion, so she wont

bitch gimmie my money

markm, on 11 April 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

Where are Neutrocks and Kurt 420 with the 4 paragraphs about "she is now a touring act "

We're too busy enjoying the album then worrying about things we have no control over and something Madonna obviously doesn't care about.

$$$ :confused: $$$

Not directed at you here but......

The "she just wants $$" argument seems to come up a lot. She made what most considered a quality album, so it's obvious she still has at least a little passion for the music. So...if she were promoting the "traditional" way and it were paying off as her fans seem to hope it would, then she would also be making a lot of $$. Back when album sales was how artists made most of their money she wasn't as focused on massive tours, even foregoing touring for 8 years (at the displeasure of her fans). Now she doesn't care about promoting in favor of touring.

What's the difference? If you REALLY break it down, she's always been a MATERIAL GIRL and gone where the money is.