MDNA Promo Discussion - "non-traditional campaign"?

Apples388

Carlos Escalona ‏ @ceea01

@guyoseary MDNA doesn't need any promo. Without making a big deal about it, it is THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Retweeted by Guy Oseary

:lmao:

article-2125909-127c6313000005dc-294_634x425.jpg

What a clusterfuck.

If Guy wants the album to do well and if he isn't happy about the bad press, then he should arrange some payola for old Madge. She's past the point of promotion now. What she needs is a hit.

I really don't know if a hit is in her future. They can pay radio to play her song as much as they want, but I just can't see the music buyer today blasting her music on the radio.

Carlos Escalona ‏ @ceea01

@guyoseary MDNA doesn't need any promo. Without making a big deal about it, it is THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Retweeted by Guy Oseary

AS I LIVE + BREATHE

xqg784.gif

I really don't know if a hit is in her future. They can pay radio to play her song as much as they want, but I just can't see the music buyer today blasting her music on the radio.

Well it's better than doing nothing, which obviously isn't WORKING.

why not? Love Spent, Turn Up The Radio and I Dont Give A sound much much better than anything Rihana, Xerox or Perry have ever released. They should be played. Its just GMAYL that was a horrendous song...

If you think about it... there were a lot of articles about MDNA hitting # 1 last week, though... and that didn't prompt anyone to go out and buy it. Maybe even a lot of promotion wouldn't work anymore.

Well...if she can't be bothered to move her lazy ass and promote her record on TV then why should we give a fuck?

Guest Not4Pussies

it bothers me because MDNA is a very good album and it deserves the attention.

it deserves great videos.

everything was going well up to SB weekend. once GMAYL flopped i dont think Guy knew what to do next since tour starts so soon.

Well...if she can't be bothered to move her lazy ass and promote her record on TV then why should we give a fuck?

I was gonna say, she doesn't like promo.. at all. She complained she felt like she was whoring herself when she did TOTP. Remember that performance of POG? :lmao:

If you think about it... there were a lot of articles about MDNA hitting # 1 last week, though... and that didn't prompt anyone to go out and buy it. Maybe even a lot of promotion wouldn't work anymore.

At the right time it could have worked. But nothing can be done anymore. Titanic will sink.

144429-andrews_super.png

I think we just want to see her perform, so we call it "promotion" to Guy so it $ound$ enticing ;)

Let's be real here DRAMA BOY. Madonna is not LAZY. She seems to have a disdain for traditional promo(not just TV but radio, magazines etc), at least when it comes to her music. Maybe she has her reasons. Who knows.

I was gonna say, she doesn't like promo.. at all. She complained she felt like she was whoring herself when she did TOTP. Remember that performance of POG? :lmao:

Actually she said that about TOTP 'You'll See' :) But it worked, cuz the single was her 1st since (?) that entered

the charts outside the top 10 and went in the top ten the next week, it even had a little rebound after it dropped a few places

in the following weeks :)

Guest Not4Pussies

yeah she hated the ROL promo. she was quite bitchy in a lot of interviews. I remember then people complaining about her not promoting ROL in the US.

she probably figured, well i gave them the SB, im not doing any other promo, fuck you Guy O for making me work so hard.

Guy O is coming across as completely clueless and yeh, what is with 'we' are in rehearsals.. no, M your client is!

To sell records you need to promote - and this means performances of the songs and interviews about the music. There has been nothing since the Superbowl.

Let's be real here DRAMA BOY. Madonna is not LAZY. She seems to have a disdain for traditional promo(not just TV but radio, magazines etc), at least when it comes to her music. Maybe she has her reasons. Who knows.

She still needs to get over herself and this dislike of promo appearances if she wants her products to continue to be successful. The general public like to SEE a pop star working hard to promote their products. She worked tirelessly to promote the turkey that was W.E. but she should have saved her energy for her true calling - her music. When it comes to promoting MDNA she has done the Superbowl and that's about it. In respect of MDNA she has been a LAZY bitch with promo which is a shame because she has a diamond of an album there. Sitting on your arse in a rehearsal studio and twatting out banal responses to banal questions does not cut it.

Guest bluejean

I think its because she hates doing interviews. Didn't she even complain to Graham Norton when she was promoting W.E.? She was probably thinking "Shouldn't the actors be doing this?" :lol:

As for TV performances apart from the big award shows like MTV, MTV Europe, The Grammy's etc, the performances are usually slapped together karaoke performances. It probably doesn't appeal to her much.

Actually she said that about TOTP 'You'll See' :) But it worked, cuz the single was her 1st since (?) that entered

the charts outside the top 10 and went in the top ten the next week, it even had a little rebound after it dropped a few places

in the following weeks :)

Yes in the NME interview (1995). :) That Yule C perf was everythang (indeed a surprise smash and first bonafide hit in a while :) ). :dramatic: It was proto Cool Madgetania.

It would have made more sense if together with the 'No traditional promo' she would have included some proper music publication interviews.

Even if it were just for my enjoyment :fag: That's the promo I like. I really don't care about this mess 2 b honest.

There's an album i like and tour I will love. Maybe this will b the thing that pushes her out of the top 40 mode and finally do

that Joe Henry album. :fag:

In fact just release Falling Free :fag: