Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Topaz Scorpio

58m Guy Oseary Guy Oseary @guyoseary

Nice words from Celine Dion about Madonna and the upcoming superbowl performance.. Also nice mention from @ladygaga today #goodvibes

Guess M can't be hating on LG that much if one of her mouthpieces is acknowledging a tweet from her.

Stage looks cool, I just wish she had avoided the video floor. I mean, cheerleaders, football players, video floor....

2725313559_8e634bde82.jpg

KylieCheerREX_468x6766666666666666.jpg

Obviously M is going to do something different, but I just hate similarities like this as it opens up the inevitable comparisons.

^Comparison that, probably, would end with people saying Her Madgesty did it better. :vogue: Furthermore, it's not like Kylie's presentation was widely viewed (or known) in America.

Other acts have done cheerleading themes in videos/performances. If anything, comparisons should be to Toni Basil. :D

Guest groovyguy

http://www.updt.me/go?item=recommended-undies-to-insults-madonna-s-best-tv-moments&t=fb

Undies to insults: Madonna's best TV moments

By Tony Sclafani

“For sure, no nipples. I wasn’t gonna go there. I mean, I don’t like to repeat myself.”

So said Madonna Monday when she appeared on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” talking about her upcoming Super Bowl halftime show performance, slated to happen this Sunday, Feb. 5.

OK, fine -- so we know what she won’t do. The question is: what will she do?

So far, no one’s leaked any info, but clues have emerged. Madonna recently told MTV her plans include pom poms. She also announced the video for her new single “Give Me All Your Luvin’” will premiere Feb. 3 (with a preview on “American Idol” the day before). The song includes guest appearances from Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., both of whom have said they will be the day before). The song includes guest appearances from Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., both of whom have said they will be with Madonna at the Super Bowl. Also, will.i.am recently said his Top 40-friendly protégés LMFAO will be there.

So expect no nipples, a new song, and lots o’ guests. But anyone expecting a G-rated variety program should take heed of what the Material Mom told another interviewer recently: “I’m not going to let [being a parent] completely censor me. I say to my kids all the time, I'm an artist, this is what I do, this is what I’ve always done. And they need to learn to separate it.”

A look back at Madonna’s high-profile TV appearances

Guest Topaz Scorpio

^Comparison that, probably, would end with people saying Her Madgesty did it better. :vogue: Furthermore, it's not like Kylie's presentation was widely viewed (or known) in America.

Other acts have done cheerleading themes in videos/performances. If anything, comparisons should be to Toni Basil. :D

I was referring to comparisons across the web in forums like this. But you can look to more widely known examples in America yes like Toni or more recently Gwen with "Hollaback Girl". It's just a bit of a tired concept is all when two pop princesses used it within the past few years. It's almost a given that I'll like M's performance best of course but I just prefer when she goes the more untapped route like with the Gypsy themes at Live Earth and S&S.

I was referring to comparisons across the web in forums like this. But you can look to more widely known examples in America yes like Toni or more recently Gwen with "Hollaback Girl". It's just a bit of a tired concept is all when two pop princesses used it within the past few years. It's almost a given that I'll like M's performance best of course but I just prefer when she goes the more untapped route like with the Gypsy themes at Live Earth and S&S.

I agree with you, however ever since Stefani did the cheerleader thing with "Hollaback" I have always felt that Madonna would swoop into that look (or use it in some way) eventually. It's too much of a female archetype for her to miss in her image catalog. On the plus side, she is going through it now due to the Super Bowl and there will be more Madonna eras to come.

Ok - I read this on the Icon board the other day - could be total crap but I'll post anyway...

This has been posted on a Bruce Springsteen forum by someone who is apparently working the Halftime show doing the lighting: "Saw Madonna's set list. Open's with "Vogue" and closes with "Like a Prayer" with a huge choir. Worked at Lucas Oil Field today finishing the lighting there. Toured the Colts/Patriots locker room and the Giants room." and later added this "Been working till 3 am the past few... days. Much to catch up on but will do most of it later. Madonna has already changed a few things. Her entrance is now the exit during "Like a Prayer." She will be brought in on a cart covered with huge feathers I believed carried by some of her gladiators, then make her grand appearance. The exit upstage is being changed again today because it has a small step she her her ankle and hamstring on last week at her personal rehearsals. It will now be completely flat when the lift brings her down to disappear. We hooked up many more lights on the cart and her ego riser midstage."

:vogue:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.updt.me/go?item=madonna-talks-super-bowl-nerves&t=fb

The countdown to Madonna's hyped Super Bowl performance is on, and the singer admits that she's feeling some nerves.

"It's the most nerve-wracking thing I've ever done," Madge told Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show" Monday. "The Super Bowl is the holy of holies. It's like the sacred show of America. And I have to go on in the middle of that holy of holies and put on the greatest show that was ever put on before. That's no pressure."

On top of not really getting a lot of rehearsal time - "they're playing football all day so I don't really have time to do a sound check. It's a little bit like a circus act: Get in there, roll out my carpet, put on my show and get the eff off," she joked - there's also the fact that the Super Bowl halftime isn't the place to exercise a lot of artistic license.

For one thing, there will be "no nipples" in her show, she assured Leno, referencing Janet Jackson's infamous wardrobe breakdown. Not that she was going to do that, anyway: "I don't like to repeat myself...or do what other people have done before me."

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Love the end, epic!!!

:rotfl:

WOW. TMZ is a disgusting show. The few times i've seen it, my brain cells start to vanish within seconds. That fag at the end though needs to be given some sort of AWARD. Talk about knowing how to shut down a stupid cunt. Fantastic :lol:

Promo picture from ESPN Brasil!

430357_339647192733322_117792928252084_1135390_1471189290_n.jpg

Cool :lol:

OMFG.

yesssss @ that queen at the end :lmao:

shut EVERYONE up.

:lmao:

Did he ever. No one had shit to say after that :rotfl:

:rotfl:

WOW. TMZ is a disgusting show. The few times i've seen it, my brain cells start to vanish within seconds. That fag at the end though needs to be given some sort of AWARD. Talk about knowing how to shut down a stupid cunt. Fantastic :lol:

UGH @ TMZ. As if this quick 1:41 video weren't bad enough, when I checked out their site to vote in that atrocious and pointless poll, I watched the first 10 minutes of their live show, which was almost like a really bad, longer remix of the shorter video. They occasionally let that pro-Madonna guy shout down the haterz, but the haterz prevailed. (The two callers were opposed to the anti-Madonna stance, too, but they weren't exactly eloquent in defending her, either.) That guy's hate of her over her "hoity-toity"-ness, as he calls it, is so mystifying to me. I don't understand why it seems to push people's buttons SO hard. Like, okay, you don't care for her as the Super Bowl performer. Then, fine, don't watch. (Except really? It's his JOB to watch. So even if he hates her, and ends up disliking her performance, he still HAS to watch, because it's his effing job.)

Kay. Rant over. I don't know why I even let such silly stuff rain on the parade. There's so much to enjoy right now, and these nobodies keep on bringing me down for some reason. :boring:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

People who watch shit like TMZ and Kardashians are the at the lower scale of the brain chart, if they think Madonna is shit, take it as a compliment.

TMZ and Harvey Levin loves the Kardashians, go figure. i guess their grounded.

:lol:

I mean, that one guy mentioned Hugh Jackman -- and I'll grant you that. Hugh Jackman is a big star and he's also grounded. But Madonna *is* down-to-earth with people, to hear lots of people tell it. It's just that she's also a huge star, so there are moments in the spotlight when she *is* going to transcend. If haters are going to see that as 'condescending' then that's their problem, I guess. I really don't see why people read SO much ego into whatever she says (the MJ speech at the VMAs, this harmless little presentation of the foreign film award and her acceptance speech at the Golden Globes)... I mean, it's like they've NEVER heard someone speak in the first-person before. Like, Meryl Streep and George Clooney didn't get up there and use the word "I" and have a perspective that was uniquely from their own lofty viewpoints? I'm not saying they were condescending, I'm just saying, I fail to see the qualitative difference between M's speeches that night and some others. The only way M could have been MORE gracious (and she was pretty gracious already) was to acknowledge the other nominees in the category. (BUT she did get cut short by the orchestra, and if she would have mentioned them ALL, she would have had to include bitternasty Elton -- and had she omitted him, then she'd look like the villainess, so ... the way it went down was probably for the best. She said nice things about him backstage, when she was given more time to do so...)

But even as much as I love Hugh (and I do! :inlove: ) -- he's really not on Madonna's level. Yes, he has international appeal and is massively talented, as a stage actor and a screen actor and a singer/dancer. But his level of fame/celebrity hasn't been as high as M's for as long as M's ... so to compare the two is ultimately misleading.

This Harvey guy has the nerve to say M's an 'inappropriate' choice by the NFL, and claims Springsteen would be better. (Hello? Been there, done that!) And then goes on to claim Gaga or Beyonce and Jay-Z would also be better choices. :wacko: What's wrong with Madonna having the spotlight this year? She's never done it, she's clearly a worthy performer. UGH. He just needs to STFU. Sorry. It's 12 minutes. It won't kill anybody.

People who watch shit like TMZ and Kardashians are the at the lower scale of the brain chart, if they think Madonna is shit, take it as a compliment.

Good point...

and I am glad there also those who applaud him for doing that...

:clap:

Guess M can't be hating on LG that much if one of her mouthpieces is acknowledging a tweet from her.

Stage looks cool, I just wish she had avoided the video floor. I mean, cheerleaders, football players, video floor....

2725313559_8e634bde82.jpg

KylieCheerREX_468x6766666666666666.jpg

Obviously M is going to do something different, but I just hate similarities like this as it opens up the inevitable comparisons.

The video floor is great IMO ...gives justice to the people who on the upper floor!