Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/01/27/madonna-i-dont-want-to-do-the-super-bowl-unless-i-can-really-give-it-my-all/

Madonna: I don’t want to do the Super Bowl unless I can really give it my all!

Below, an edited transcript by Rachel Dod for the Wall Street Journal…

You have a movie coming out, a fragrance, a new album and a tour—and now the Super Bowl. Was this a master plan?

No, everything kind of converged in a bottleneck. I was always planning on making a record when I finished my film but I ended up finishing my film much later than I had expected so, because I had already scheduled time with all the producers and writers for my record, I had to multitask and work on my record at the same time I was finishing my film. And then somehow it worked out that the record was being finished right around the time the movie was coming out. Then I got talked into doing the Super Bowl.

That sounds like a lot of obligations.

I want to do everything really well. I kept saying to my manager, “I don’t want to do the Super Bowl unless I can really give it my all, and really focus all my attention on it.” And he said, “Don’t worry! There won’t be any problems. You’ll be able to concentrate just on the Super Bowl.” Now of course my movie is coming out during the Super Bowl so it’s a little bit nerve-racking.

How’s the rehearsing going?

It’s not an easy show to do because you have such a short period of time to set the stage up. And you’re performing in the round so you can’t direct anything that walks off anybody’s sight line. You have eight minutes to put your stage together, 12 minutes to do the show and seven minutes to take it down.

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/01/27/madonna-i-dont-want-to-do-the-super-bowl-unless-i-can-really-give-it-my-all/

Madonna: I don’t want to do the Super Bowl unless I can really give it my all!

Below, an edited transcript by Rachel Dod for the Wall Street Journal…

You have a movie coming out, a fragrance, a new album and a tour—and now the Super Bowl. Was this a master plan?

No, everything kind of converged in a bottleneck. I was always planning on making a record when I finished my film but I ended up finishing my film much later than I had expected so, because I had already scheduled time with all the producers and writers for my record, I had to multitask and work on my record at the same time I was finishing my film. And then somehow it worked out that the record was being finished right around the time the movie was coming out. Then I got talked into doing the Super Bowl.

I hope the album don't suffer because of that :(

Welcome back Pud Whacker -it was a nice surprise when I saw your name on the new threads panel. :)

Yes! Welcome back Pud! Now i want VANITY BOONET back! :D