Madonna Super Bowl thread continued

Guest groovyguy

yes it is really bad all that playbacking. also his sister playbacked the sb when she did it. just hoping m wont do it. hope she sings everything live, thus hoping she wont do vogue, cause it sounded really bad live on the ss tour. looked great but sounded awful.

yes it is really bad all that playbacking. also his sister playbacked the sb when she did it. just hoping m wont do it. hope she sings everything live, thus hoping she wont do vogue, cause it sounded really bad live on the ss tour. looked great but sounded awful.

I'd rather have that raw voice in the DVD than the crap vocoder we got. :gross:

I'm hoping for live vocals but a bit of backing support! I wouldn't want THAT many people to hear her squawk like a crow!

Where is Donna when we need her? :|

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

sorry if this has already been discussed, but how does everyone think this will affect the upcoming album/singles success (especially in the US)?

if the performance goes off relatively well, do you think this could mean radio might embrace her again? i certainly don't expect her to be played 24/7 like rihanna or katy...probably not even like the 'music' era...but do you think this means we might hear more than just the first single on radio?

and promotion...if this causes a surge of renewed interest in her in the US, do you think it's possible she'll do more promo here?

I would have put MJ at #1. Never thought Prince's one was that spectacular. Also why is no Miss Ross and Rolling Stones but NKOTB gets in at #6??

I wasn't that impressed by MJ. Same outfits, same dance moves, standard versions of the song. Seen it all before and for many years after. I think he mimed most of the time didn't he?

I hadn't seen any of these performances apart from the JT and JJ one because of Nipplegate making the news.

I hope M blows the whole show out of the water! :vogue:

donna delory was rumoured to be involved in the album. does anyone know if she will be singing with m at the sb.

I want Nicki back too! I loved her! Madge only got rid of her cos she used to show her up on stage when she started belting out that gospel bit in Like A Prayer! :provoke:

Guest bluejean

how does everyone think this will affect the upcoming album/singles success (especially in the US)?

It could give album sales a real boost in the US but as for radio airplay, I don't think it will make alot of difference.

do you think it's possible she'll do more promo here?

Possible but certainly wouldn't be surprising if she didn't.

Guest bluejean

I want Nicki back too! I loved her! Madge only got rid of her cos she used to show her up on stage when she started belting out that gospel bit in Like A Prayer! :provoke:

She got rid of her cos she's a fatty

She got rid of her cos she's a fatty

Yup. She dealt with it for a whole but she keeps fluctuating and needs someone with stamina to keep up. She was loyal until she couldn't anymore...it's a shame.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

sorry if this has already been discussed, but how does everyone think this will affect the upcoming album/singles success (especially in the US)?

if the performance goes off relatively well, do you think this could mean radio might embrace her again? i certainly don't expect her to be played 24/7 like rihanna or katy...probably not even like the 'music' era...but do you think this means we might hear more than just the first single on radio?

and promotion...if this causes a surge of renewed interest in her in the US, do you think it's possible she'll do more promo here?

Obviously the Superbowl is great exposure for the single, however, even if she wasn't doing it, i think the fact that Minaj is on the song would have been enough for U.S radio to support it anyway.

The Super Bowl offers tremendous exposure not just for the sport and its advertisers, but also for the A-list musicians who perform at halftime. A Nielsen SoundScan analysis shows that songs played during the last five Super Bowl halftime shows enjoyed an average 555% surge in sales the following week. Meanwhile, the performers’ top albums saw a 478% average spike in next-week sales.

Bruce Springsteen’s 2009 halftime performance coincided with the release of his newest album “Working on a Dream.” The show helped the album debut with 224,000 copies sold in its first week. The performance also boosted The Boss’s overall catalog, with all other album sales soaring 218% in the following week.

If digital downloads were any indication, Springsteen’s halftime set list was also a hit. In the week after the Super Bowl, digital sales surged for each of his four performed songs: “Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out” (+1320%), “Glory Days” (+602), “Born To Run” (+360) and “Working on a Dream” (+221%).

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/media_entertainment/on-average-halftime-show-performers-score-500-post-game-sales-bump/

I'd think Celebration will re-enter the BB 200, at the least. For some decent, immediate Madonna sales activity after her performance, Celebration must be marked down on iTunes- $13.99 for the single CD and $19.99 for the double won't cut it. It's $7.99 and $11.99 or so for the single and double CD, respectively, at Best Buy and Walmart.

Guest groovyguy

Apparently Nicki Minaj is performing. Madonna is rumoured as a 'surprise guest' but no one really knows anything yet.

Yes, Nicki is the performer and M.I.A. is the main guest. Madonna is rumored to be making a cameo appearance.

wow, I just watched that MJ performance, it may have been lipped but the showmanship is very much there to appreciate... gawd I am so excited for MADONNA's turn to dazzle America...

Guest groovyguy

wow, I just watched that MJ performance, it may have been lipped but the showmanship is very much there to appreciate... gawd I am so excited for MADONNA's turn to dazzle America...

In previous half-time shows, the artists performed their songs as they always did. What's most exciting about Madonna's show is how she's gonna tie the performance to American football. From what she says, I think there are a lot of drummers, cheerleaders, football athletes, marching band,... and I'm sure she's also gonna change the sound of her songs - reinvent her songs - to fit the event.