Madonna 2012 Album: NEWS & UPDATES!

robster

..."best" according to who? Common...lets get REAL here.

MADONNA NEEDS PARADIGM SHIFTS! Someone should smack that Oseary guy and take his HEAD out off Madonna's ass!

4) She is making songs to fill up the slot for her tour (the fact is people still like her oldies).

:lmao:

That's why she had 4 sold-out tours in the last 10 years that took in $800m + at the box office

Madonna performing new material from any current album while on tour has always been the rule with her

From Virgin Tour, thru BA and Girlie Show to DWT CT S&S

And if people are shelling out $400 for a ticket to her show I don't think they mind the fact she doesn't play the

oldies much. Wouldn't you agree :crazy:

We'd best start listening to Pete Tong. He normally plays a remix of her songs a few weeks before launch. Wasn't it he who premiered both Hung Up and 4 Mintues with remixes?????????

I love remixes! Sooooo excited.

Guest groovyguy

G_O_N_E

I've been meaning to submit an article to the site about what I know about the album so far...So that will come soon, just been insanely busy!

Regarding the track, it is longer, coming in at 4:43. Both the album and video version are in circulation. However, I'm hearing the only difference from what we've heard is there is a longer intro with the girls cheering back and fourth, and again after the first chorus, which makes sense seeing as a lot of the information from the video shoot states that M.I.A. comes in during the second verse. Solveig is known to change up his production from album to single releases, so we may see that. My source said the "demo" is the finished version, same as Music and Candy Shop...The girls heading back into the studio, which again, was just Nicky and M.I.A., was for the video mix and Superbowl mix...

I've been told up to 9, finished, mastered tracks have been shared. There are some tracks that are definitely "demos" and completely different from their album versions. I'm still being told there are 19 solid tracks, 15 are intended to be released, with the other 4 possibly, again, possibly, being a bonus of some sort.

That's what I'm being told. We may hear some extra effects, but the main vocal take is the same as what we've heard. The word "demo" can apply to anything not "mastered"...

Speaking of mastered..."Masterpiece" IS in fact a demo, AND the finished version is in fact the clip that Jorge shared...

Again, most of the album has already gotten in collectors hands. So info should be coming soon. I was told a few titles were being considered, the last I heard MADONNA was the tentative title

I've been meaning to submit an article to the site about what I know about the album so far...So that will come soon, just been insanely busy!

Regarding the track, it is longer, coming in at 4:43. Both the album and video version are in circulation. However, I'm hearing the only difference from what we've heard is there is a longer intro with the girls cheering back and fourth, and again after the first chorus, which makes sense seeing as a lot of the information from the video shoot states that M.I.A. comes in during the second verse. Solveig is known to change up his production from album to single releases, so we may see that. My source said the "demo" is the finished version, same as Music and Candy Shop...The girls heading back into the studio, which again, was just Nicky and M.I.A., was for the video mix and Superbowl mix...

That is the worst news I have heard this year (if true). Seriously? This lead single is going to suck ass if that demo is it.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/

Madonna has been interviewed also by MTV After Hours Josh Horowitz.

We have to wait for a little while before this interview will be broadcast.

josh_reasonably_small.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/joshuahorowitz

I fricking loved my Madonna interview. That's a smart sassy lady. Has to be held for a little while but it'll be worth the wait.

2 hours ago

Guest groovyguy

http://www.eonline.com/news/can_madonna_make_comeback_in_lady/280994?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-top_stories&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_celebrities_top_stories&dlvrit=79438

Lady Gaga has been hogging all the headlines lately—not only scoring Grammy nominations but also earning Forbes' title for 2011's top-earning woman in the music biz.

So what's a Material Girl to do?

Well, with the official announcement today that Madonna has signed a new, three-album deal with Interscope Records, 2012 is shaping up to be an auspicious and likely huge year for the Queen of Pop.

Madonna has completed work on the first album under the arrangement, which the label plans to drop sometime in late March. It's her first set of new tunes since 2008's Hard Candy. And in case you need reminding of Madonna's star power, her tour in support of that album was the highest-earning ever for a solo artist, grossing $408 million.

The still-untitled new album's first single, "Gimme All Your Luvin'," goes out to radio stations the last week in January—just ahead of Madonna's heavily hyped headlining appearance at the Super Bowl XLVI halftime show on Feb. 5. (The song actually leaked last month, annoying Madge to no end.)

The agreement with Interscope was hatched by Madonna's manager Guy Oseary and Live Nation Entertainment, with whom she signed a multi-faceted deal with in 2007 that included new music, tours, merchandising, fan club/website, DVDs, as well as music-related film and TV projects.

Before that, the 53-year-old performer's previous label home was Warner Bros. records, which released Hard Candy.

Despite the urban flavor and collaboration with the likes of Justin Timberlake and Kanye West, the album only spawned one runaway hit single and failed to achieve platinum status in the U.S. (just her second album to do so, joining 2003's American Life), though it was a big hit overseas.

Even if Madonna isn't quite as popular as she's been in the past, she has a hell of a knack for staying in vogue.

Case in point: W.E.

The film, her second effort behind the camera about the affair between King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson, may have gotten savaged by the critics, but it did score the entertainer two Golden Globe nominations this morning, for Best Original Song and Best Original Score.

In other words, even if her movie career isn't on fire, she's still a music force to be reckoned with.

Gaga, you're on notice!

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/

Madonna has been interviewed also by MTV After Hours Josh Horowitz.

We have to wait for a little while before this interview will be broadcast.

josh_reasonably_small.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/joshuahorowitz

I fricking loved my Madonna interview. That's a smart sassy lady. Has to be held for a little while but it'll be worth the wait.

2 hours ago

YES!!!!!!

Awesome news. I love Horowitz's interviews.

http://www.mtv.com/shows/after_hours_josh_horowitz/series.jhtml

True Blue, Like A Prayer, Erotica, Ray of Light, Confessions on a Dancefloor.....GIVE ME AWLL UR LUUUVIN :manson: It's bad enough as a song title, but I'll die if it's the album title..Really, Give Me All Your Luvin?

I really don't hate the song even in its demo form, I don't see why everyone on here thinks its so bad? When I first heard Candy Shop I thought it was one of the worst things Madonna had ever done, it took her 2 years of touring and shoving that song down our throats for it to grow on me. This is at least instantly catchy... at least to me. Not saying it's her best but it's certainly not the worst thing she's put out.

I really don't hate the song even in its demo form, I don't see why everyone on here thinks its so bad? When I first heard Candy Shop I thought it was one of the worst things Madonna had ever done, it took her 2 years of touring and shoving that song down our throats for it to grow on me. This is at least instantly catchy... at least to me. Not saying it's her best but it's certainly not the worst thing she's put out.

While I am acting like "GMAYL" (demo?) or whatever it is a total POS, it's not bad in the "American Life" sense, but it is so mediocre. In the pop world, your lead single needs to be killer or you are toast. I know we can all say that Madonna doesn't need to prove herself anymore, but here we are post-Gaga and this it what she reintroduces herself with? And at the Superbowl? I hope not.

The song/demo its embarrasing in all levels. Childish vocals like we never heard her before, I guess not even Hilary Duff or Selena Lopez would record this song, trying to sound cool and hip. Now she speaks like Lola and her friends and call the album GIMME ALL UR LUVIN 'YALL LOLZ XOXO XD! But as a album title? Really?

37 countries it should be... please Interscope, don't fuck up MADONNA articles...

that 300 million records looks like it is here to stay... although they mention 300M, they are really avoiding the "Biggest-Selling" title huh...

Here is the official press release…

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Madonna will have a new album out in late March, it was officially confirmed today by Interscope Records. In one component of a very broad plan developed by long time manager Guy Oseary and Live Nation Entertainment, the Material Girl has signed a three album deal with Interscope Records. The new album, her first in five years, has been completed. “Gimme All Your Luvin”, the first single from the album will be released the last week in January prior to her upcoming Bridgestone Halftime Superbowl appearance on February 5th.

In 2007, Madonna signed a multi faceted deal with Live Nation that includes new studio albums, touring, merchandising, fan club/website, DVD’s, music-related television and film projects and associated sponsorship agreements. “We look forward to a great partnership,” commented Live Nation Entertainment’s Chairman of Global Music & CEO, Global Touring Arthur Fogel. Oseary was equally enthusiastic: “We couldn’t be happier to work with Jimmy Iovine, Lucian Grainge (Chairman & CEO, Universal Music Group) and the entire Interscope team. We anticipate a very bright future at our new home.” Added Jimmy Iovine, Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M. “Very rarely does an opportunity like this come around. We would like to thank Madonna, Guy and Live Nation for their belief in us.”

In other Madonna news, her upcoming film, “W.E.” which she directed and co-wrote is scheduled for a wide release on February 3rd.

Over the course of her extraordinary three decade career, Madonna has sold over 300 million albums and holds the record for the most successful tour by a solo artist in history. She is a nine time Grammy winning singer, songwriter, producer and is a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee. Her last CD “Hard Candy” debuted at No. 1 in 27 countries including the US, UK, Canada, France and Australia.

INTERSCOPE GEFFEN A&M: Combining the legacies of three of the most influential record labels in modern music history, Interscope Geffen A&M embarked on a new tradition of musical achievement with its unification on January 1, 1999. Headed by Chairman Jimmy Iovine, Interscope Geffen A&M is a major force in global music, developing chart-topping artists across a wide range of musical genres including rock, rap, pop and alternative. Interscope Geffen A&M is part of Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company.

Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV) is the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 20,000 shows annually for more than 2,000 artists globally. Front Line is the world’s top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.

SOURCE Interscope Records

What kind of a press release is this? No album title? No release date?

I seriously hope the album title is Gimme All Ur Luvin'. :lmao: I mean we all would have a fucking good laugh, yeah?

Guest Not4Pussies

GAYL is not what i was expecting from her to come back with after 4 years

i read news about the album, i get excited but then it fades away

i feel like something is not right or its missing.

i feel she surrounds herself with people that are too young (is it her bf or her dancers)

that is rubbing all this LUVIN nonsense on her.

anyhow, im keeping my expectations really low so i can be pleasantly surprised with new album

hopefully no more songs leak til album is released

i dont want anymore demos released as "official songs"

told you... that DEMO sounds really FINISHED and POLISHED... we should just hope that the Video Version will be better and that two version become available...

don't ever believe Guy Oseary and his 'demo' ways... :tongue:

I'm surprised you-know-who has not written a thesis on the latest news! :shock:

[you-know-who]

I can't believe everyone has jumped into a conclusion that the leaked track was actually the finished product!

Who is this person who claimed to be the insider? He's no one but a random guy on the internet spreading rumours! Where's the credibility?

We should... blah blah blah

Why isn't Madonna's... blah blah blah

Could it be... blah blah blah

I think... blah blah blah

That's why... blah blah blah

All I can say... blah blah blah

We should wait for Interscope to release an official statement on this![/you-know-who]

PS: It's not Kurt I'm talking about. ;)

WHERE THE F*** did anyone read the album title is Gimme All Your Luvin?!?!?! learn how to read kiddies

"The still-untitled new album's first single, "Gimme All Your Luvin'," goes out to radio stations the last week in January"

-"Gimme All Your Luvin" single is basically the same version we've all heard, hence the major uproar it caused when it leaked. ALL parties involved were incredibly upset...and still are. Even when the clip leaked outside of Madonna's apartment...there was a lot of conversation around it. From what I know, the album version comes in at 4:43, while the version we all know and love is 3:25. A longer, cheerleading intro is now there, where both Nicki & M.I.A. are cheering back and fourth, taunting each other. They then join in, repeating the cheer we've already heard. Madonna's lyrics, vocals, etc are all the same...no changes here. M.I.A. apparently has a brief "rap" or "cheer" right before Madonna begins the second verse. Nicki also has a rap during the breakdown, and again, more cheering from both her and M.I.A. The production is no different. If you follow Martin Solvieg, "Big In Japan" was also extended, only including an extra chorus and an extended breakdown. I would love to hear a different version, but again, we've heard it before with Music, Candy Shop. Everyone claimed that they were different, more vocals, lyrics, production...but they weren't. The leak did in fact come from a 4 track CD with three other possible album tracks. According to fans who have it, those tracks are "Bang, Bang", "Girls Gone Wild", and "Masterpiece". The other tracks have been widely shared, but at this point, if any other leaks happen, it would not be good. The 4 tracks are not mastered, possibly why GMAYL sounds flat, and Masterpiece sounds distorted to some. Despite what audiences may have heard in theaters..."Masterpiece" does in fact feature a full on orchestra, which I confirmed last week, and Giampiero confirmed also.

I love GMAYL but it's too weak to be the "Madonna's return" that we already heard 3 months before the release. :doh:

Again, most of the album has already gotten in collectors hands. So info should be coming soon. I was told a few titles were being considered, the last I heard MADONNA was the tentative title

WHY???? she already has an album called MADONNA! use your brain motherfuckers.

--

MESS.

Edited by Tonight