Remove 5 projects from Madonnas career

DIRTY PIG

Guest nothingfails0603

her children's books

when she was married to Guy, I could understand but it seemed like she was turning into a Celine Dion type of person who became boring because she had kids (even tho I'm not a Brit fan, I hated the way they attacked her for managing to have a life even tho she had kids) but since she dropped the dead weight, she seems like the cool cougar mom.

Me Against the Music (embarrassing in all levels, a very low, stupid act of desperation)

Children Books

Hard Candy (the whole era, forced and boring, filler contract album. again desperate)

Live Earth/Hung Up/ROL (stupid rock versions) and the awful La Isla.

Sadbration project.

I think the musical nadir of Madonna is very solidly HC dear.

OK....that's fine. But that doesn't mean she wasn't into it like you wish. Keep in mind Madonna tries to avoid anything Erotica related like the plague when she's touring. She's sang what....2 songs the whole decade from that album?? DAD on RIT and E/YTM on CT. Neither of which sound REMOTELY like the album version AT ALL. She REAAALLY reinvents the Erotica songs, guess she has to so she can get through them. Am I leaving anything out?? OH YEAH...the BARELY RECOGNIZEABLE Rain/Here Comes The Rain Again interlude from S&S.

So while we are assuming her thoughts and motives about things let me just say that she must really despise that album since she tries to act like it doesn't exist. She doesn't like talking about it and she doesn't like performing anything from it. Since I don't like it I KNOW she doesn't like it. She sounds like she's falling asleep on half of it so she must not have been too inspired when recording it. See...I can read Madonna's mind too! :D

OK....that's fine. But that doesn't mean she wasn't into it like you wish. Keep in mind Madonna tries to avoid anything Erotica related like the plague when she's touring. She's sang what....2 songs the whole decade from that album?? DAD on RIT and E/YTM on CT. Neither of which sound REMOTELY like the album version AT ALL. She REAAALLY reinvents the Erotica songs, guess she has to so she can get through them. Am I leaving anything out?? OH YEAH...the BARELY RECOGNIZEABLE Rain/Here Comes The Rain Again interlude from S&S.

So while we are assuming her thoughts and motives about things let me just say that she must really despise that album since she tries to act like it doesn't exist. She doesn't like talking about it and she doesn't like performing anything from it. Since I don't like it I KNOW she doesn't like it. She sounds like she's falling asleep on half of it so she must not have been too inspired when recording it. See...I can read Madonna's mind too! :D

Even though I appreciate your little spazzout right there, I think you're just projecting your persecution complex on me. I never said anything about Madonna liking or not liking anything. I only said that Erotica OBVIOUSLY is a record of higher caliber than Hard Candy and to actually call it her creative nadir is laughable.

I think the musical nadir of Madonna is very solidly HC dear.

I beg to differ. I think most fans and non-fans would find a consensus for that on American Life, not Hard Candy.

And this is where HC sprang from.

From having no ideas and being tapped out.

As i said.

:clap:

The quote about M being tapped out came from the promotion for COADF - not HC. Are you saying she was tapped out for both?

But American Life was at least somewhat inspired and had a direction and focus? She had a specific sound she was going for and certain things she wanted to say? Hard Candy is just... there.

At least Hard Candy is fun and danceable.

American Life is too serious and preachy,and there's not alot of fun moments on the album.

The American Life era (it might be her best album this decade but it didn't have the kind of commercial value I expect from Madge and they really fucked up with the single/video choises)

Me Against the Music (needless to say..)

Jesus Luz (the whole cougar thing isn't working for me at all. I understand you can't help falling in love but you know what I mean.)

The Guy Ritchie divorce project (I liked Guy. Although Sean Penn would be even better)

The Body of Evidence (it was hard to choose a movie out of buch of craps)

Her only acclaimed movie role and probably her best film ever? A Golden Globe award? Academy Award for best song in a movie?

I never understood the hate for this project which is without a doubt one of Madonna's most successful ones (outside of music).

agreed.

me against the music

4 minutes

her blonde wig in jump & celebration (yeah it IS a project of its own lol)

children's books.. not so much, but her whole english lady of the manor look that came with it.. or lets just say it as it is: project "guy ritchie".

the HC album cover (that whole photoshoot really)

Guest Danny86

I beg to differ. I think most fans and non-fans would find a consensus for that on American Life, not Hard Candy.

Especially if you take away both lead off singles, it's definitely AL that got more dirt among fans, because it did not have a BIG song on it that was meant to be a hit, the lack of strong melodies etc... But I love both, they are such different moods, that's one of the best things with her albums, they are not the least interchangeable and have a different feel.

On the subject of the thread, did everyone forget that Remixed & Revisit exists? :lmao: I thought that could pop up next to GAP ad and MATM on lists like this.

1. The SEX Book.

2. Shanghai Surprise

3. All other movies, with the exception of "Desperately Seeking Susan".

4. American Life

5. The infamous 1994 appearance on Letterman.

This is the stuff that's kept her interesting. I just don't why anyone would come up with a list like this. Not a personal attack against you, Cherish, as there are many lists on here that confuse me.

But American Life was at least somewhat inspired and had a direction and focus? She had a specific sound she was going for and certain things she wanted to say? Hard Candy is just... there.

Yup. At least AL had Madonna written all over it, as poor as some of it was. :lol:

1. The Next Best Thing - ruined any boost/credibility she got from Evita

2. Love Don't Live Here Anymore video - what a CRAP video

3. Jump video - what a CRAP video

4. Remixed and Revisited - totally half arsed from the cd cover to the tracklist.

5. Decision to use Above and Beyond remix for the What It Feels Like for a Girl video (totally undermined the beauty of the song itself).

5. Decision to use Above and Beyond remix for the What It Feels Like for a Girl video (totally undermined the beauty of the song itself).

Have to agree. The original is such a gorgeous ballad and contains some of Madonnas best lyrics ever which were stripped away to fit that shit video she decided to make to give Guy a job.

1. Who's that girl - The movie (Although without the movie wouldn't be the # 1 song and which I like) Maybe someone else acting instead.

2. Body of evidence.

3. American life - The song (I love the rest of the album)

4. Swept away (This time I was actually tempted to give up on her)

5. Live Earth everything about it, from the Hey you crap to the crap performance.

So you people think "Imagine" doesn't deserve any hate? I'm shocked. It's the worst part of her career.

American Life is still worse than Imagine, in my opinion. Imagine is just... let's buy hot dogs while she sings this.

American Life is still worse than Imagine, in my opinion. Imagine is just... let's buy hot dogs while she sings this.

I'll listen to "Spanish Lesson" live. I'll sit there for interludes of all sorts. But "Imagine" is just disgusting. DISGUSTING.

I'm going to try to remove 5 projects.....this is painful for me they ALL have their place in some way....

Next Best Thing-- Just the worst. Horrible all around. By far her worst movie.

Imagine-- Just no. Sing your own shit. LIVE. AS. WAAAAAN....ewww. :thumbsdown:

Remixed & Revisited-- All of those songs could've been placed on singles or on a better made compilation.

Me Against The Music-- I don't hate it but it's kind of pointless. In fact the song would probably be better without Madonna.

Nothing Fails-- I don't know why I dislike this song so much but it just bores me. She sounds so mannered. This was supposed to be the new LAP at the time. :lol: