Remove 5 projects from Madonnas career

DIRTY PIG

they have to be individual projects, not "her acting career" and no "marrying guy ritchie" bullshit, I would go with...

CHILDRENS BOOKS

GAP COMMERCIALS

ME AGAINST THE MUSIC

NEXT BEST THING

EVITA

EVITA

Her only acclaimed movie role and probably her best film ever? A Golden Globe award? Academy Award for best song in a movie?

I never understood the hate for this project which is without a doubt one of Madonna's most successful ones (outside of music).

Guest Danny86

Deeper And Deeper music video

Love Don't Live Here Anymore single/music video

Promo tour for The Power Of Good-Bye

The Next Best Thing movie

The 2 "live" albums

Dear Jessie grates on me. I don't like anything about it. Her books are quite admirable I think and they are intended for young children. It's nice that she did something in her career that showed a different aspect of her talents I think.

so I'll try;

Americal Life (the original video and that it was chosen as a first single - her popularity in the US has yet to recover from the backlash, her least wise career move to date)

Children Books (big NO)

Me Against the Music (embarrassing to lower yourself that way)

Miles Away/Give it 2 Me singles (She was about to make some sort of US radio recover in the Hard Candy era, an album made for that particular reason in the first place, and they screw it up with wrong single choices)

Celebration (single + fan video - Madonna is turning into Cher? Please let this not be any indication of future releases because then her career will be over. 90's euro gayclub. Where did originality and the inspiration go?)

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Why is everyone so down on the kids books? they're just books, they're not for people over the age of 10. It literally has nothing to do with anyone here.

Why is everyone so down on the kids books? they're just books, they're not for people over the age of 10. It literally has nothing to do with anyone here.

ehm

it didn't really help Madonna's career the fact that she was promoting these books all over the place?

She was seen as a boring grandma by alot, hardly any boost for a Pop singer to have that opinion about you?

Maybe she cares more about the messages in those books (even if they reached one person it would be worth it) than she does about loads of random people thinking she is cool? I applaud her for doing something different and pushing the envelope.

This is a woman that prior to the dreadful books was a true leader in the pop world, a sluttly, risk taking genius then she (for a while) turned into a wimpering middle aged twat. no need.

1. 4 Minutes single and video - desperate, trying to connect with the "grandkids"

2. Celebration video - come join the party, it's a half arsed budget Celebration

3. Jump Video - what a load of crap

4. MATM - desperate, trying to connect with the "kids"

5. Gap ads - yet more desperation

*Me Against The Music

*Swept Away

*Celebration (the song)

*"What It Feels Like For A Girl" video (this is one of her best songs of the 2000s,but she ruined it's hit potential with this stupid,pointless video)

*American Life "flag video" (If she didn't wanna release the original video,fine,but why replace it with a cheap,ridiculous video featuring a bunch of flags??)

Guest bluejean

I'm Breathless - Some nice songs, I would have preferred a proper Dick Tracy soundtrack. 'Vogue' could have been a new song on TIC with JML and then save 'Rescue Me' for 'Erotica.'

The Next Best Thing - We could have had another tour instead of this. And along with this goes 'American Pie.'

GHV2 - A waste of space.

American Life - There's some good songs, but overall the whole album is forgettable.

Me Against The Music - I like the song but including Madonna last minute was a bad idea. The "hey britney" stuff was totally cringe worthy.

Not sure about the 'Sex' book. Part of me loves the images. I feel like she went too far with it all. Its such a significant part of her career though, its hard to imagine it not existing.

I would remove 2003.

"American Life" disaster.

Will & Grace appearance

Children books launch

"Me Against The Music" single & video

GAP commercial

Remixed & Revisited

Thankfully she ditched Caresse the following year.

Edited by futurelover06

Guest confessedit

Me Against The Music (hated the song and the video. it was a low point)

American Life flag video...(looked pathetic and lazy. much like her most recent videos)

Celebration music video...(horrible look and just a bad cheap lazy video. better to not have one)

The Gap Commercial...(Madonna is high fashion. not GAP fashion)

Hey You song..(lame)