Remove 5 projects from Madonnas career

DIRTY PIG

Everything in 2003...awful year for her!

Body of Evidence

Sex book

Shangai Surprise

The Next Best Thing

American Pie (Time Stood Still should've been released instead!)

Miles Away 'single release'

Any involvment with Brintey shitney!

Guest dicktracy

SHANGHAI SURPRISE - ruined her early acting good buzz and helped ruin her marriage. Gloria Tatlock? I just can't see M as a Gloria.

THE NEXT BEST THING - She wins a Golden Globe and finally has some hard earned respect for her acting and she craps all over it with this. It not only hurt her already frail acting career but it is also rumored to have killed the director. It strained her relationship with Rupert and it spawned American Pie too which is not great either.

GHV2 - Laziness at its zenith.

SWEPT AWAY - Nail in the coffin. Why? Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me thrice... this culminates the trilogy of utterly awful movies. Cringe-worthy.

JUMP (The Video) - Might as well have not had one. Great tune but the vid is just awful. I don't mind the look but the street signs and random people jumping is just ridiculous. Love Profusion was kind of lazy but this was just the first sign to me that she indeed had gotten tired of being Madonna and was just doing it for doing it.

If she didn't make those mistakes and had a Cher-like movie career, you can be pretty sure she'd all but have abandoned the music. She started out originally as an actress and that's what she wanted to be, her goal was to use music as a stepping stone to a career in film.

We got no tour after ROL cause of that Next Worst Thing shyt :evil:

Guest Danny86

If she didn't make those mistakes and had a Cher-like movie career, you can be pretty sure she'd all but have abandoned the music. She started out originally as an actress and that's what she wanted to be, her goal was to use music as a stepping stone to a career in film.

We got no tour after ROL cause of that Next Worst Thing shyt :evil:

Well, maybe not abandoned, but she wouldn't have kept popping out them albums every two and a half years and her tours would have been as rare as a MJ tour. And her setlists might have been like Barbra's, just doing her fav movie tunes. :demonic:

She definitely used many of her videos as an excuse to "show off" her acting, that's why I always said claiming she "cared" more about the music back then than she is now is not that accurate.

And yeah, doing TNBT instead of tour is probably her worst decision ever. :thumbsdown:

I can't think of anything I'd want Madonna to "remove". I may not like a few songs, etc ....and yet, I appreciated them in other ways/things or what it lead to afterwards or later. I don't know how many times I liked a song later than when it first came out. So, I wouldn't remove or change anything.

Guest Danny86

Danny please explain your reasoning behind Deeper and Deeper. Immediately.

She looks so bad! :( I mean, put it next to "Bad Girl" and "Rain" videos, what a difference not only in looks but actual video quality? And what's the point of the video anyway? She's not even lipping to the words! Just random!

Guest Danny86

He is as biased about Erotica as he claims others are against Hard Candy

Or like you about AL? :p

But this is not about the music, I just think that video is crap and when I was watching the Celebration DVDs it really stuck out among all the great ones of the late 80s and the 90s.

1. Sex book

2. Pulling "American Life" original video - it was a great video!

3. "Hard Candy" album - so desperate!

4. "Celebration" CD (DVD was great though)

5. "I Am Going to Tell you a Secret"

Or like you about AL? :p

:rotfl:

She looks so bad! :( I mean, put it next to "Bad Girl" and "Rain" videos, what a difference not only in looks but actual video quality?

Eamonn Holmes said she looked "pig ugly" in that after they played it on GMTV.

And what's the point of the video anyway? She's not even lipping to the words! Just random!

I thought she was chanelling Annie Lennox there. She had just won the female video VMA for "Why" and that had no lipsynching. "Bad Girl" had only a bit of lipping too..

First if all I think it's great she did those children's books.

The only thing I'd take away is the video for Celebration. It's just a little embarrassing. It would even have been okay if she didn't wear that strange wig that made her look older and didn't rape herself in the video as much. That part where she's on all fours thrusting her pelvis in and out is eugh. But the song is cute.

Oh and just a tiny tiny bit less plastic surgery, if that can be called a (self) project.

Anal warts 4 everyone who voted against SEX! :americanlife:

I'd only delete Body Of Evidence (which I love in a 'Mommy dearest 'way)..It's the one element

from the erotica period that made it easy 2 make a fool out of her..cuz it was so shitty.

All the other flops stay. I like how her shitty movies r legendary :chuckle:

OH and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlb1GSrGWtM

6:50 is just ouch.

:lol: One of her all time worst. Again. How did she avoid a bashing in the press for this? Only Madonna

This is hard...

80% of her movie career

The mother goose childrens book era

A few crap videos here and there.

GHV2. Total waste from the way it was marketed and no new material on it. They at least should have included the GHV2 megamix.

Hey You

Ill say it again though. When it comes to Madonna we are SPOILED!

Guest ursaminorjim

The only thing I'd out-and-out like to forget is the Britney year (VMAs, "Me against the music," ugh...so embarassing). That was just miserable. Luckily, it was brief! :D

And for as much as I really hate American Life, I wouldn't remove it from her history. Like others have said, each thing has led to the next. OF course, I"d have much rather she reconsidered her approach on that, at least sonically. Or, more likely, I wish someone had had the balls to tell her that it simply wasn't very good.

As for the movies and the chidren's books...easily ignored fluff. Completely inconsequential.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I can see why some may not have liked the Deeper and Deeper video, she looked like a right DYKE in it. A look she later carried onto The Butchy Show tour :manson: The D&D video is great though, i love it.

I liked her look in Deeper and Deeper. Very kind of "artsy" I guess. I don't think she was trying to look all "pretty pretty" in that vid anyway.

Same with the Hard Candy shoot, which I absolutely love and other people don't. I think the photoshoot was meant to make her look intimidating. And anyway it was sexy to me.