Sticky & Sweet 2009 Itinerary

daizy1

Guest latvianinexile
I thought the Tallin concert sold out in 24 minutes, no?

Yes, but Ebden Reisen is holding Tickets and hotel allotments. Just ask. They speek English. info@ebden-reisen.de

Madonna in Tallinn

Edited by latvianinexile

• 2 weeks later...

Vodafone, the one who is sponsoring and hosting Madonna's Sticky and Sweet Tour in Bucharest, Romania just published a press release today saying that only 20% of the capacity is still available for sell. It's the best selling concert organized by Vodafone/EMagic in Romania ever.

Guest boytoyville

^ Good news. I wouldn't be suprised if they are planning for around 70,000-100,000 people at that concert date.

^ Good news. I wouldn't be suprised if they are planning for around 70,000-100,000 people at that concert date.

No there's no place for that amount of people.It's not a huge park. I'd say 60.000 or something like this.

Guest boytoyville

^ Aren't they putting stands at the sides though? Who knows. Anways, the Romanians will ape shit over here. It should be an exciting concert there.

Guest latvianinexile
^ Aren't they putting stands at the sides though? Who knows. Anways, the Romanians will ape shit over here. It should be an exciting concert there.

This is what a Metallica concert looked like at the Song Festival Grounds in Tallinn:

166985118_33588e6ea4.jpg

166984332_0dbab18b38.jpg

This is what the place looks like when it's empty.

2707066915_3aba4184c8.jpg

60000-70000 is realistic. There is no space for 100000 and no way to increase the capacity as the place is surrounded by trees. Google maps gives you a good impression of the venue.

Madonna in Tallinn

^ Uhm, I think they were talking about Bucharest, Romania. Not Tallinn, Estonia. But hey, it's late, maybe I am wrong. :confused:

Also, I thought Bucharest was SOLD OUT? Didn't the media there report that a month or so back? I thought someone posted a news broadcast from Romania about it.

^ Uhm, I think they were talking about Bucharest, Romania. Not Tallinn, Estonia. But hey, it's late, maybe I am wrong. :confused:

Also, I thought Bucharest was SOLD OUT? Didn't the media there report that a month or so back? I thought someone posted a news broadcast from Romania about it.

they said sold-out back then saying the fact that all the pre-sale tickets were sold in less than a week and they had to add more tickets in the pre-sale from the general public sales due to the big demand. also a concert in Romania will never sell-out months before the concert because they are putting an amount of tickets, they are sold and then they are releasing again another tickets....and this happens right before the concert when a press release is published saying that the concert was sold-out ;) I live here for all my life and I know how roumanians are. but it's good that finally we get to see A-class artists in Romania now matter the price we all pay.

they said sold-out back then saying the fact that all the pre-sale tickets were sold in less than a week and they had to add more tickets in the pre-sale from the general public sales due to the big demand. also a concert in Romania will never sell-out months before the concert because they are putting an amount of tickets, they are sold and then they are releasing again another tickets....and this happens right before the concert when a press release is published saying that the concert was sold-out ;) I live here for all my life and I know how roumanians are. but it's good that finally we get to see A-class artists in Romania now matter the price we all pay.

Ah, thank you for clarifying. :)

I'm very excited that all these countries are getting a Madonna concert for the first time. I think it will be a good summer.

Ah, thank you for clarifying. :)

I'm very excited that all these countries are getting a Madonna concert for the first time. I think it will be a good summer.

It will definitely be her month in Romania. Everyone will speak about the concert before and after.

Here a couple of pics (but during the winter) where the concert will take place...in front of Parliament House (the biggest building in the world after Pentagon) :)

2117456275_0e34627916.jpg

2117456271_05df09245b.jpg

Guest latvianinexile
^ Uhm, I think they were talking about Bucharest, Romania. Not Tallinn, Estonia. But hey, it's late, maybe I am wrong.

Ooops, sorry, you're right.

It will definitely be her month in Romania. Everyone will speak about the concert before and after.

Here a couple of pics (but during the winter) where the concert will take place...in front of Parliament House (the biggest building in the world after Pentagon) :)

2117456275_0e34627916.jpg

2117456271_05df09245b.jpg

Very beautiful place . :thumbsup:

"You don't have the luxury of ticket sales!" "On an On goes the tour goes."

I really didn't see the point of this extension to be honest, Hard Candy is virtually forgotten in most peoples minds and i find it all a bit going back instead of madonnas usual drive to move forward

A bit late but :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank You. If anything it would make sense to do Japan and some of the Pacific Islands and like so many are pissed about, Australia. It would have been an instant hit overthere or even a few more South American Countries. Some of the cities on the list don't make sense. Nothing against u guys over in Europe. She can forget about the US. We're broke and HC came and went. I will hand it to her though, this show was very succesfull not because of HC but because she's Madonna and she will always draw big crowds even if she does a cheap production like WTG 1987 in the future. I remember when rumors were flying around in 2001 about DTW being her last tour and people went nuts. I got lucky for finding floor seats for cheap at the Meadowlands Arena outside NYC. I did'nt care for the setlist too much because I was expecting more mega hits but the production value was awsome so I still loved it. Not too much visuals and I did feel like the show was more about her music and not some silly Brittney video or screen savers. U were able to focus on her more. Anyway, I would still pay a high price to see Madonna even if the production is minimal and there's no flow to the show. I would die if she performed Causing a Commotion again. :headbang:

Edited by pattitude

The point of this extension is simple - to make more money. They know M can sell a decent/good amount of tickets(if not sold out). They don't make much money anymore from selling records so they need to find a way to make more. M is easy coz they know they only have to convince her to do more dates on tour.

Can I ask something? How much money do you think Livenation is gonna earn from the tour? They gave Madonna 120 million dollars, right? She brought insane amount of money with this tour!!! Both legs. I guess way beyond Livenation's expectations.

this is a snippet from an interview with mark bego from 1984

Mark - If you did tour, would there be a concept to the show?

Madonna - Yes, definitely! Up to now, I've sung live to tape and used dancers. I'd combine dancing with it. I will do a tour eventually. I think I'll go to Japan and Australia in the beginning of next year. It's really bad to tour America in the winter. It's the worst: you get stuck everywhere! I'll probably do a major-city American tour in the spring.

This is what a Metallica concert looked like at the Song Festival Grounds in Tallinn:

166985118_33588e6ea4.jpg

166984332_0dbab18b38.jpg

This is what the place looks like when it's empty.

2707066915_3aba4184c8.jpg

There is no space for 100000 and no way to increase the capacity as the place is surrounded by trees.

cut the trees down!

Guest boytoyville

^ Thats really wierd that she would wait an entire month just for one show betweem Bulgaria and Israel.

^ That's cuz it's around the holidays; Yum Kippur, etc.

It's rumored that she plans to come for about a week and basically right now it all depends on the sponsor. The venue is supposedly in Ramat Gan; the same place that Depeche Mode in playing tomorrow night.

Anyway, I'll believe when I'll see the date on Madonna.com. My bet is that she'll just come to do her Kabbalah thang and that's it.

^ That's cuz it's around the holidays; Yum Kippur, etc.

Maybe she could hit Japan in the meantime or something? Seems weird to end in Europe on August 29 only to travel to Israel a month later and do 1 show. :confused:

It's rumored that she plans to come for about a week and basically right now it all depends on the sponsor. The venue is supposedly in Ramat Gan; the same place that Depeche Mode in playing tomorrow night.

Anyway, I'll believe when I'll see the date on Madonna.com. My bet is that she'll just come to do her Kabbalah thang and that's it.

Lighthouse Mike over at MTRIBE's forum claims he has information that the deal for Tel Aviv was JUST signed and is a done deal. He says the concert will take place in October right before the holiday of Sukkot (which is October 3 this year). So I am guessing the show will be October 1 since Madonna never does shows on Friday nights (October 2).

^ I've read that too; don't know about Mike's dad connection, but I do know that right now it's up to the sponsor; which is one of the cellular companies - "Orange". Who knew there'll come a time when a cellular company gets to decide whether a music concert would take place or not…

I don't know why Mike is talking about Tel Aviv though. The supposed venue is in Ramat Gan (city near by), as I said, the place Depeche Mode played there last night. Of course, it could change.

I'll wait till its official. The 4 last times it seemed pretty certain and then the negotiation fell through the last minute.