Will HC reach 1x Platinum?

i think itll def. "ship" 1 million, and be certified 1x plat. but true are sales are the facts here. in reality, for her to sell 1million would be actually respectable in mid 2008. never ever thought thered be a day when that would be a decent hit in the US, but their #s/sales are comparible to Europe #s now LOL. (even with waaaay larger ppopulation). A smash hit album in the States is like around 3x-5x (if even that high) platinum, which is like the new 8-10x plat from 1998-99 lol. seriously. its unbelievable to many yet true! Again, if GI2ME, which is a *quality* across the board, catchy club bangin song (unlike Hollywood and even Sorry), regardless of what US radio plays, somehow crosses over (like Rihannas DSTM etc..) for even a few months ,will give this album an opportunity to end up w/ decent 2008 US Soundscan #s.

Guest nothingfails0603
The tour will have negligible impact on sales. None of her past tours have done much for sales, not sure why folks would think this one will be different.

I think this is different than her past tours. Albums like Music, COADF and Erotica were almost a year old, and American Life had been off the chart for about 10 months by the time those tours started. With this tour, Madonna has a faster release-to-tour ratio, so there's a possibility the album will have some legs that AL and COADF didn't (I do believe Girlie and DWT did help those respective albums stay on the chart a little bit longer than they would've otherwise). Unless HC plummets down the chart like AL, there's a chance the tour should be able to keep it selling steady during the time it's out.

I think this is different than her past tours. Albums like Music, COADF and Erotica were almost a year old, and American Life had been off the chart for about 10 months by the time those tours started. With this tour, Madonna has a faster release-to-tour ratio, so there's a possibility the album will have some legs that AL and COADF didn't (I do believe Girlie and DWT did help those respective albums stay on the chart a little bit longer than they would've otherwise). Unless HC plummets down the chart like AL, there's a chance the tour should be able to keep it selling steady during the time it's out.

That is going to be a LONG SHOT. I just hope we get 1 x platinum.

again stop blaming warner dumb azz bytches

madonna know how to promote her shyt

Im happy your back.

Looks like Hillary is almost done...Im just devastated!

Im back republican-im voting McCain!

...but back to the point...

your right M can promote, warner is just tired

Im NOT yet dismissing the fact...there is a possibility for sales of HC to increase-

Later....

This tour is set to break C/Tour sales record!

Live Nation press release mentions 'special stage'

www.madonnalicious.com

thanks to david: may 27, 2008

Ticket sales for Madonna's highly anticipated Sticky & Sweet Tour continued to explode throughout Europe and North America, it was confirmed by the tour's producer, Live Nation.

The demand for tickets in Paris for Madonna's scheduled September 20th performance was so staggering that a second and final performance has just been announced for September 21st.

The Sticky & Sweet Zurich show at the Military Airfield Dubendorf scheduled for August 30th has just glided past the 70,000 mark as Madonna fans buy tickets in record breaking numbers for that show as well as in Vancouver, where Madonna's October 30th performance sold 50,000 tickets in a record breaking 29 minutes.

In addition, due to instant sellouts in Toronto at Air Canada Centre on October 18th and Montreal at the Bell Centre on October 22nd, second shows in both markets have been added - October 19th in Toronto at the Air Canada Centre and October 23 at Montreal’s Bell Centre.

These new sellout performances add to a list of sellouts that already include three sold out Madison Square Garden shows in New York City on October 6, 7 and 11 and sellouts in Boston and Chicago where a second show October 27th at the United Center will go on sale on June 2nd.

Additional Madonna shows on sale this weekend include: Los Angeles, San Diego, Houston, Miami, Las Vegas, Denver, Philadelphia, Atlanta and Atlantic City.

The Sticky & Sweet Tour, where Madonna once again joins creative forces with director Jamie King, is expected to surpass her previous sold out Confessions Tour in terms of production, visual enhancement, technology, dancing, singing, costumes and nonstop entertainment. A special stage is being created to showcase Madonna, her band, and a stunning troop of dancers, all of which will give fans a breathtaking never before seen or heard once-in-a-lifetime experience.

The Sticky & Sweet Tour is being produced by Live Nation. For complete tour information, news, contests, and more, visit: www.madonna.com or www.livenation.com

Thanks to David

Portuguese Madonna fans, we are happy to confirm that the 'Sticky & Sweet' Tour will stop at the Parque Bela Vista in Lisbon on September 14, 2008. Tickets for the show will go on sale May 31.

If you are an Icon member, please note that the devoted presale will start on Thursday May 29, at 10am LOCAL TIME for legacy members and at Noon Local Time for Platinum members.

Also, a second Montreal (October 23) and Toronto (October 19) date was added to the tour itinerary yesterday. We've secured tickets for both shows, which will be available through a devoted Icon post sale starting May 29 at 10am LOCAL TIME for legacy members and at Noon Local Time for Platinum members.

Im NOT yet dismissing the fact...there is a possibility for sales of HC to increase-

Later....

This tour is set to break C/Tour sales record!

Live Nation press release mentions 'special stage'

www.madonnalicious.com

thanks to david: may 27, 2008

Ticket sales for Madonna's highly anticipated Sticky & Sweet Tour continued to explode throughout Europe and North America, it was confirmed by the tour's producer, Live Nation.

The demand for tickets in Paris for Madonna's scheduled September 20th performance was so staggering that a second and final performance has just been announced for September 21st.

The Sticky & Sweet Zurich show at the Military Airfield Dubendorf scheduled for August 30th has just glided past the 70,000 mark as Madonna fans buy tickets in record breaking numbers for that show as well as in Vancouver, where Madonna's October 30th performance sold 50,000 tickets in a record breaking 29 minutes.

In addition, due to instant sellouts in Toronto at Air Canada Centre on October 18th and Montreal at the Bell Centre on October 22nd, second shows in both markets have been added - October 19th in Toronto at the Air Canada Centre and October 23 at Montreal’s Bell Centre.

These new sellout performances add to a list of sellouts that already include three sold out Madison Square Garden shows in New York City on October 6, 7 and 11 and sellouts in Boston and Chicago where a second show October 27th at the United Center will go on sale on June 2nd.

Additional Madonna shows on sale this weekend include: Los Angeles, San Diego, Houston, Miami, Las Vegas, Denver, Philadelphia, Atlanta and Atlantic City.

The Sticky & Sweet Tour, where Madonna once again joins creative forces with director Jamie King, is expected to surpass her previous sold out Confessions Tour in terms of production, visual enhancement, technology, dancing, singing, costumes and nonstop entertainment. A special stage is being created to showcase Madonna, her band, and a stunning troop of dancers, all of which will give fans a breathtaking never before seen or heard once-in-a-lifetime experience.

The Sticky & Sweet Tour is being produced by Live Nation. For complete tour information, news, contests, and more, visit: www.madonna.com or www.livenation.com

Thanks to David

Portuguese Madonna fans, we are happy to confirm that the 'Sticky & Sweet' Tour will stop at the Parque Bela Vista in Lisbon on September 14, 2008. Tickets for the show will go on sale May 31.

If you are an Icon member, please note that the devoted presale will start on Thursday May 29, at 10am LOCAL TIME for legacy members and at Noon Local Time for Platinum members.

Also, a second Montreal (October 23) and Toronto (October 19) date was added to the tour itinerary yesterday. We've secured tickets for both shows, which will be available through a devoted Icon post sale starting May 29 at 10am LOCAL TIME for legacy members and at Noon Local Time for Platinum members.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Id rather have RECORD breakin and after record breaking WW Tours (being *publicized* all over the media) than 2x plat vs 1x plat records lol, which barely impress a small select few. Let Mimi and her obsession w/the OUTDATED relevance of record sales continue. W/ M if she gets 1x+ plat records itll just be a bonus at this point, not a main priority (like it shoulve been pre early 00s) when hard record sales were what it was ALL about.

Guest jamesshot

4M is holding this album up. Radio play is decreasing now, so I expect the album to start seeing bigger decreases. At this point, will it surpass AL?

I'm sure it will eventually reach Platinum by the end of the year.

I will maybe reach 1 million in shipments, but will WBR bother?

I absolutly believe it will outsell AL. I think it will reach 800k at the end of 2008 in the US.

I will maybe reach 1 million in shipments, but will WBR bother?

I absolutly believe it will outsell AL. I think it will reach 800k at the end of 2008 in the US.

meaning, they wont re-certify...and officially, HC will be her lowest cd ever!

I am sure it'll be at least 1x platinum...

why is everyone so upset??

yes... Warner chose to buy a Gold cert for it... because it has SOLD Gold?? so what's the deal??

I know cert are for shipments... but usually they won't bother to get a Gold cert even though it has shipped/sold Gold... and the album has actually sold Gold in the states... so I don't see why everyone is whining...

you would all whine if it wouldn't get a cert. even if it was able to... and now you whine because it's not 1million when it's not even there... YET

I am sure it'll get a platinum cert later this year...

I'd love to lock this thread. I cannot stand the hysterics.

You call fans who fidget and release their frustration with others "hysterical''. I dont think that just because some of us (incl me) express different views on "GOLD" cert being a bad thing are being hysterical and senseless.

Also, no one is cursing or being vulgar here. In fact most of the thread is based on debate and various opinions from fans re: SALES OF HC

Afterall, this forum is designed for this type of civil discussion-even if some dont believe it sounds logical.

Whats logical to one, may not be logical to someone else

And there is a cogent fear. WBR does NOT certify constantly=meaning HC can remain :GOLD: for ages.

And to "CHART" fans who love #s- IT UPSETS US!

You call fans who fidget and release their frustration with others "hysterical''. I dont think that just because some of us (incl me) express different views on "GOLD" cert being a bad thing are being hysterical and senseless.

Also, no one is cursing or being vulgar here. In fact most of the thread is based on debate and various opinions from fans re: SALES OF HC

Afterall, this forum is designed for this type of civil discussion-even if some dont believe it sounds logical.

And there is a cogent fear. WBR does NOT certify constantly=meaning HC can remain :GOLD: for ages.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: ur so right. the fact and reasoning for "considering locking lol this thread" is beyond absrud compared to the numerous other stinky, blatantly negative and useless threads on the forum.

I think we should all just relax and wait for HC to run its course on the charts. Yes, the fact that WBR rushed to certify it Gold may mean they don't believe in its potential to become Platinum but this is only a speculation. There maybe other reasons they did so. It's not like WBR doesn't have anything else to do than sitting around and accessing Madona's certifications.

The certification may mean exactly what it is. It reached 500K sales and it's gold. Simple as that.

Regardless the certifications, people and media look at the actual numbers also. HC will not be the lowest seller of her career if it actually sells more than AL. No matter what the certifications say.

I think we should all just relax and wait for HC to run its course on the charts. Yes, the fact that WBR rushed to certify it Gold may mean they don't believe in its potential to become Platinum but this is only a speculation. There maybe other reasons they did so. It's not like WBR doesn't have anything else to do than sitting around and accessing Madona's certifications.

The certification may mean exactly what it is. It reached 500K sales and it's gold. Simple as that.

Regardless the certifications, people and media look at the actual numbers also. HC will not be the lowest seller of her career if it actually sells more than AL. No matter what the certifications say.

I agree. If the album scans 1M or quite close then WB will eventually certify it, I can't see how or why they won't.

Edited by DreamTheater

I agree. If the album scans 1M or quite close then WB will eventually certify it, I can't see how or why they won't.

You're talking about the U.S. here, right? Because HC is already well over 1 million worldwide which is great

it will reach the million copies sold, but I don´t know if warner is going to bother certifiying it...

One can only say "NO". Why?

If we extrapulate data from the past re: certs and re-certs, we clearly notice WBR being at best lethargic and uninterested in updating Ms back catalog. In recent memory, I dont recall any M cd that received a cert and a re-cert while being on BB200.?

Music and Confessions received a 1 time cert during their stay on BB200. It took 5 yrs later to re-cert Music to 3x.

If we extrapulate data from the past re: certs and re-certs, we clearly notice WBR being at best lethargic and uninterested in updating Ms back catalog. In recent memory, I dont recall any M cd that received a cert and a re-cert while being on BB200.?

Music and Confessions received a 1 time cert during their stay on BB200. It took 5 yrs later to re-cert Music to 3x.

can madonna or live nation ask and pay for the recerfication?

I don't think that there is a Madonna album with higher soundscan sales than its RIAA certification. If HC scans 1M they will certify it platinum, maybe not at once but eventually. Ok, we can assume that they won't certify it for less, like they did with American Life. And it is too early to consider 1M completely improbable. With one more at least moderate hit (like Top 40 in airplay) it could happen.

I don't think that there is a Madonna album with higher soundscan sales than its RIAA certification. If HC scans 1M they will certify it platinum, maybe not at once but eventually. Ok, we can assume that they won't certify it for less, like they did with American Life. And it is too early to consider 1M completely improbable. With one more at least moderate hit (like Top 40 in airplay) it could happen.

Actually COADF has actually sold close to 1.7 million but is only certified at 1 million.