MADONNA SoundScan Sales- 2007/2008

HolidayGuy

Guest Beautiful Stranger

I'm sorry but Merry Christmas at 8 million outside of the US!?

#1's 11 million outside of America!!??

Rainbow at 6 million Internationally?? LOL.

And LMAO at Glitter being at 3.5 million world wide. Virgin confirmed they shipped 2.5 million world wide in an official press release.

And 4 million for Charmbracelet is pushing it, no?

I fail to see how this woman has sold more than 130 million albums world wide.

I'm sorry but Merry Christmas at 8 million outside of the US!?

#1's 11 million outside of America!!??

Rainbow at 6 million Internationally?? LOL.

And LMAO at Glitter being at 3.5 million world wide. Virgin confirmed they shipped 2.5 million world wide in an official press release.

And 4 million for Charmbracelet is pushing it, no?

I fail to see how this woman has sold more than 130 million albums world wide.

Constipation's promo sticker says this: Mariah Carey la artista femenina de todos los tiempos, ha vendido mas de 160 millones de copias a nivel mundial, lanza su nuevo album

That's in the cover of Mexican version, and this is in english: Mariah Carey the most successful female artist of all time, she has sold more than 160 million copies worldwide, releases her brand new album

Yeah, that's what they said :wow:

Guest ngoannga

Also from www.mimi-charts.de.vu/

TEOM sold 6.000.000 copies in the US and 9.500.000 copies globally. If we consider the downfall of overall record sales worldwide this number is surprisingly high. Its doubable that mariah could become the best selling artist of this deacde, because Britney Spears , Madonna and Celine sold way more albums than her, but she has a chance to come close.

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Also from www.mimi-charts.de.vu/

TEOM sold 6.000.000 copies in the US and 9.500.000 copies globally. If we consider the downfall of overall record sales worldwide this number is surprisingly high. Its doubable that mariah could become the best selling artist of this deacde, because Britney Spears , Madonna and Celine sold way more albums than her, but she has a chance to come close.

Mariah has sold 20 million albums world wide this decade from Glitter, Charmbracelet, TEOM, Greatest Hits, and The Remixes. Add in the 2000 and beyond sales of Rainbow and her catalog sales and she's at 25 million for the 2000's.

Madonna has sold 33 million albums this decade from Music, GHV2, AL, R&R, COADF, IGTTYAS, and TCT. Add in catalog sales of everything from Madonna to ROL and she's at 37 million or so albums sold world wide this decade.

So good luck making up that 12 million gap with both of you releasing more albums this decade in the next 2 1/2 years Mariah. Stupid lambs. :lol:

And to get this thread BACK ON TRACK... HG, would it be safe to say that TIC's US catalog sales are 1 million this decade? :wow:

Guest Beautiful Stranger

In a new press release, it said Mariah has sold 160 million albums worldwide.

At least Mariah's camp has stopped using the term "the best selling female artist of all time."

And WB says 200 million for Madonna.

So YAY! MADONNA WINS! :lol:

(They're both too high but OH WELL)

W/E 6/17/07

The 17 albums/EPs scanned 3,689 units, up roughly 5.8% from the prior week's 3,487 the prior week.

1. The Immaculate Collection: 2,153 (+11%)

2. Like a Virgin: 267 (-16%)

3. Ray of Light: 226 (+8%)

4. GHV2: 188 (-5%)

5. Madonna: 138 (-18%)

6. The Immaculate Collection (Video): 126 (-7%)

7. True Blue: 117 (-5%)

8. Something to Remember: 98 (-5%)

9. Erotica: 82 (+58%)

10. Girlie Show: 82 (+15%)

11. Bedtime Stories: 77 (+114%)

12. Music: 72 (+14%)

13. Ciao Italia: 71 (+13%)

14. Like a Prayer: 70 (-4%)

15. The Video Collection: 93:99: 61 (+17%)

16. American Life: 49 (+11%)

17. I'm Breathless: 45 (+32%)

18. You Can Dance: 44 (+63%)

19. Drowned World Tour: 39 (-7%)

20. Evita: 31 (-42%)

21. Remixed & Revisited: 22 (-44%)

COADF-Era Sales Info

Confessions on a Dance Floor: 1,102 (-2%)- 1,634,268 cume

I’m Going to Tell You a Secret: 95 (+16%)

Jump: 90 (+20%)

Sorry: 64 (+39%)

Get Together: 51 (+4%)

Hung Up: 37 (-3%)

Guest Eternal Flame

W/E 6/17/07

The 17 albums/EPs scanned 3,689 units, up roughly 5.8% from the prior week's 3,487 the prior week.

1. The Immaculate Collection: 2,153 (+11%)

2. Like a Virgin: 267 (-16%)

3. Ray of Light: 226 (+8%)

4. GHV2: 188 (-5%)

5. Madonna: 138 (-18%)

6. The Immaculate Collection (Video): 126 (-7%)

7. True Blue: 117 (-5%)

8. Something to Remember: 98 (-5%)

9. Erotica: 82 (+58%)

10. Girlie Show: 82 (+15%)

11. Bedtime Stories: 77 (+114%)

12. Music: 72 (+14%)

13. Ciao Italia: 71 (+13%)

14. Like a Prayer: 70 (-4%)

15. The Video Collection: 93:99: 61 (+17%)

16. American Life: 49 (+11%)

17. I'm Breathless: 45 (+32%)

18. You Can Dance: 44 (+63%)

19. Drowned World Tour: 39 (-7%)

20. Evita: 31 (-42%)

21. Remixed & Revisited: 22 (-44%)

COADF-Era Sales Info

Confessions on a Dance Floor: 1,102 (-2%)- 1,634,268 cume

I’m Going to Tell You a Secret: 95 (+16%)

Jump: 90 (+20%)

Sorry: 64 (+39%)

Get Together: 51 (+4%)

Hung Up: 37 (-3%)

Thanks for posting! When will COADF be considered a catalogue album? Also what's with the huge increase for the Bedtime Stories album?

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Thanks for posting! When will COADF be considered a catalogue album?

When it hits 2 years old I think?

Well, two years after release. :)

While BS enjoyed a big percentage increase, it still scanned fewer than 100 units.

In essence, BS and Music probably are the albums that I'd think would be least attractive catalog titles to the average consumer, since all of the singles are on compilations. Maybe throw in LAP, too, as all of the *big* singles also are on TIC. Then again, thesame could be said of the Madonna album, too, yet that sells better than all three of them (but it also has "Everybody" and "Burning Up," which, over the years, have developed a degree of classic status).

It doesnt hurt either that most stores carry a lot of copies of MADONNA. Stores around here always have loads of copies of MADONNA but i havent seen BEDTIME STORIES in maybe 2-3 years? and once in a while i will see a copy of MUSIC but not often, and certainly not many. Things cant sell if they arent there to buy.

Guest Eternal Flame

You also have to remember Madonna has always been a strong catalog seller. The vast majority of its copies were sold years after it came out.

glad to hear COADF is still doing 1k+ copies per week in the US... I hope it gets a sales increase when the buzz of the new album comes out and when it comes out in the holidays...

Please do not take the bait of one of our most notorious- and uninformed-trollers- um, I mean posters. Thanks. :)

silab is more of a JANET fan right? back in Dotmusic...

Guest nothingfails0603

does anything think Live Earth will boost sales for at least TIC, GHV2, ROL and COADF?

And, of course, we're looking for "Hey You" to soar 3,000% or so in digital sales!

that's from 1 copy to 3,000 copies... dayum, not enough to chart... :chuckle:

I think M will see a nice increase for select titles and live videos from her catalog across the globe. The US will probably focus more on the show in NYC than in London but hopefully they won't butcher the broadcast like they did with Live 8 three years ago.

Guest courtney

anybody have the catalog sales for the week ending July 7th 2007. wondering because I want to keep track of her sales through the year.