Pope Francis endorses same-sex civil union

runa

@acko knew. they don't change. and all this pr about him being a "softer" pope.. 🙄

i never care for the "i hope madonna speaks up about x or y" begging, but I kinda want her to say something about this particular story as shes one of the most important allies of the gay community in pop culture

3 hours ago, Nikki said:

@acko knew. they don't change. and all this pr about him being a "softer" pope.. 🙄

i never care for the "i hope madonna speaks up about x or y" begging, but I kinda want her to say something about this particular story as shes one of the most important allies of the gay community in pop culture

What would she say though? :lol:

people are mad because they are calling faggots sinful. something they've been doing since the dawn of time. the fact that this is some huge news story is perplexing to me. I guess if she WERE to say something she could tell people to just avoid the Catholic church? I don't know.

Now I understand if they condemned gays or released a "they should all be killed" type of statement then yes, I'm pretty positive Madonna would say something. That's not really the case here though. They basically said

"we can't bless fag couples because the bible says so"

like......hello. this is how they have ALWAYS thought. 

be a smart fag, roll your eyes and keep it moving. this isn't worth the protest or noise. 

and I hate to triple post but I'm still so confused by this. if you are in a gay or dyke relationship and you both were religious.....why would you want to be part of a religion that doesn't see your love worthy of being blessed?

why would you allow yourself and your relationship to be disrespected like that. I just don't GET it.

I certainly understand the brainwashing that religion does and the indoctrination. is it the fear of leaving the religion and betraying god? is it fear of hell? I mean according to the book the gays are going to hell anyway.

I just don't understand.

surely there are religions that accept gays and lesbians and have no issue certifying their union? but then again I've never had to change religions so I don't know the process or how it works.

I don't even consider myself religious even though I was born and raised in the Bible Belt in Texas. yawn. the absolute worst. I'm just thankful I was smart enough to never feed into the bullshit and think for myself. the brainwashing was attempted but I saw through it every time. they didn't get me. even though they tried. 

20 minutes ago, Barbie said:

What would she say though? :lol:

people are mad because they are calling faggots sinful. something they've been doing since the dawn of time. the fact that this is some huge news story is perplexing to me. I guess if she WERE to say something she could tell people to just avoid the Catholic church? I don't know.

um because she has been outspoken about things like this, especially relating to the catholic church, for years.., but never mind i guess 🙄 just thinking out loud. 

Just now, Nikki said:

um because she has been outspoken about things like this, especially relating to the catholic church, for years.., but never mind i guess 🙄 just thinking out loud. 

Of course she has I'm not disputing that. One thing I have always loved about her. I just don't see the issue here. Yes the Catholic church is disgusting but they're not saying anything that they haven't said before. 

The sooner people leave religion altogether the better. Or even better, leave the Catholic church.

33 minutes ago, Barbie said:

Yes the Catholic church is disgusting but they're not saying anything that they haven't said before. 

The sooner people leave religion altogether the better. Or even better, leave the Catholic church.

Yeah

and YEAH.

4 hours ago, Barbie said:

and I hate to triple post but I'm still so confused by this. if you are in a gay or dyke relationship and you both were religious.....why would you want to be part of a religion that doesn't see your love worthy of being blessed?

why would you allow yourself and your relationship to be disrespected like that. I just don't GET it.

I certainly understand the brainwashing that religion does and the indoctrination. is it the fear of leaving the religion and betraying god? is it fear of hell? I mean according to the book the gays are going to hell anyway.

I just don't understand.

surely there are religions that accept gays and lesbians and have no issue certifying their union? but then again I've never had to change religions so I don't know the process or how it works.

I don't even consider myself religious even though I was born and raised in the Bible Belt in Texas. yawn. the absolute worst. I'm just thankful I was smart enough to never feed into the bullshit and think for myself. the brainwashing was attempted but I saw through it every time. they didn't get me. even though they tried. 

I learned since I was a kid to difference religion from church. 

Jesus fed the hungry, helped the outcasts and threw the greedy merchants from the temple. He told people to love each other and accept each other. He is a real inspiration. 

The fact that pigs took his message to profit, kill and oppress doesn't mean that the message isn't pure love. 

I believe in every inspiring prophet and I get inspired by them. 

On 3/17/2021 at 11:24 PM, karbatal said:

I learned since I was a kid to difference religion from church. 

Jesus fed the hungry, helped the outcasts and threw the greedy merchants from the temple. He told people to love each other and accept each other. He is a real inspiration. 

The fact that pigs took his message to profit, kill and oppress doesn't mean that the message isn't pure love. 

I believe in every inspiring prophet and I get inspired by them. 

I feel the same way. Jesus is the son of God as all he did or say obviously comes from the Light. The church is a creation of mere men and this is another proof.

14 hours ago, karbatal said:

Girl, he resurrected!

Best come back ever! 

Best come backs in history:

1. Jesus

2. Kylie Minogue with Light Years

where are ROL and COADF?