Coronavirus

MadFan

7 hours ago, Gaudet said:

+1 -

some people are way above that obviously, their opinion is higher and almighty more important of course, nevermind that there are people dying of this virus and the dead are increasing, nevermind that some people are worried scared about their dying parents and there is nothing they can do. Selfish complacency by snotty arrogant people.

I know you come from a good place but the thing is people are not mocking the precautions and guidelines being taken or questioning the seriousness of the situation, they are laughing at idiots fighting over toilet paper or ransacking supermarkets because of it. And we are far from reaching the peak of the contagion or so most international virologists and experts seem to agree on

If anything it's exactly this kind of behaviour, imagery and reporting that sends the wrong message to people, given that it's already in our nature to panick under major stress tests. What are they going to do then when those areas get placed under a potential lockdown if they can't restrain themselves now? I dread the thought

Panick only gives rise to irrationality and panick can be more contagious than the virus itself. We have to take another road

6 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Right!! It’s also irresponsible journalism to give out outdated information like that, just to get ego-stroking column inches in the opinions or Q&A sections. And people rest easy that it rarely kills toddlers, as if dying seniors and patients with underlying conditions are nothing to worry about? !!

Senior patients die by hundreds of thousands every year because of common flu

36 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Senior patients die by hundreds of thousands every year because of common flu

Then all the more reason not to be complacent as the Covid19 has not been around for a year and its 5-25 times deadlier. And think of the HIV patients who will catch this.. . !?

6 hours ago, XXL said:

I know you come from a good place but the thing is people are not mocking the precautions and guidelines being taken or questioning the seriousness of the situation, they are laughing at idiots fighting over toilet paper or ransacking supermarkets because of it. And we are far from reaching the peak of the contagion or so most international virologists and experts seem to agree on

If anything it's exactly this kind of behaviour, imagery and reporting that sends the wrong message to people, given that it's already in our nature to panick under major stress tests. What are they going to do then when those areas get placed under a potential lockdown if they can't restrain themselves now? I dread the thought

Panick only gives rise to irrationality and panick can be more contagious than the virus itself. We have to take another road

Believe me I am laughing too but the way rightwingers and Trump voters keep downplaying this on social media is disingenuous... !China did not lock down an entire city for nothing and it’s only because of such despotic measure that we’re not worse off at this very sec... ..

6 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Then all the more reason not to be complacent as the Covid19 has not been around for a year and its 5-25 times deadlier. And think of the HIV patients who will catch this.. . !?

it's not that much deadlier. 

Thing is: it's always worrying that a new virus is out there. That doesn't mean that is as catastrophic as it's painted. 

In fact there's a new study that says that these new low levels of pollution in China have saved three times more lives than deaths by coronavirus.

Just now, karbatal said:

it's not that much deadlier. 

Thing is: it's always worrying that a new virus is out there. That doesn't mean that is as catastrophic as it's painted. 

In fact there's a new study that says that deaths avoided because of low levels of pollution in China have saved three times more lives than deaths by coronavirus.

The mortality rate is .9 % for flu < 3.4% covid .... 

Just now, Morrigan said:

The mortality rate is .9 % for flu < 3.4% covid .... 

80% of people catching coronavirus have mild symptoms. 

2002 SARS mortality rate was 10%. But of course there was not social media back then. 

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

2002 SARS mortality rate was 10%. But of course there was not social media back then

And the world was much less insane and quick to mass hysteria and mass misinformation. Imagine if Facebook and Twitter had existed with such a mortality rate. :doh:

The thing is that there's always illnesses and toxics dangerous around us. Car crashes, accidents probably to happen to us every day. Being irrationally scared about one and blocking the rest is absurd. 

And whenever a new virus is detected and it's spread by air it's obvious that sooner or later we'll all catch it. Just like that recent H1N1 in 2012. We all have had it.

3 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

And the world was much less insane and quick to mass hysteria and mass misinformation. Imagine if Facebook and Twitter had existed with such a mortality rate. :doh:

Every passing year I'm more convinced that we're getting more stupid.

11 minutes ago, karbatal said:

2002 SARS mortality rate was 10%. But of course there was not social media back then. 

Sars only killed 774 people may they rest in peace ..... Ebola has a higher death rate than Covid too but the fact remains that Covid is still deadlier than the flu.. ...

Just now, Morrigan said:

Sars only killed 774 people may they rest in peace ..... Ebola has a higher death rate than Covid too but the fact remains that Covid is still deadlier than the flu.. ...

Ok, be scared. It's up to you.

6 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Every passing year I'm more convinced that we're getting more stupid.

Yes, we are. People are unable to react in a moderate and rational way anymore. Now any reaction is excessive. You can no longer ask people to take basic measures, because either they do nothing or they take actions that go way beyond what is necessary to do. 

22 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Believe me I am laughing too but the way rightwingers and Trump voters keep downplaying this on social media is disingenuous... !China did not lock down an entire city for nothing and it’s only because of such despotic measure that we’re not worse off at this very sec... ..

Well, I completely agree on that front but the rest of the world is aware that Trump is an idiot. I took it that Gaudet was referring to how posters in this thread are commenting on this issue rather than how right wingers or Trump specifically are treating it

And yes I maintain that ransacking stores for pasta or bottled water is a bit too much, even in the face of this new unknown enemy. That is the main point being laughed at not the virus or the outbreak in itself

1 minute ago, XXL said:

Well, I completely agree on that front but the rest of the world is aware that Trump is an idiot. I took it that Gaudet was referring to how posters in this thread are commenting on this issue rather than how right wingers or Trump specifically are treating it

And yes I maintain that ransacking stores for pasta or bottled water is a bit too much, even in the face of this new unknown enemy. That is the main point being laughed at not the virus or the outbreak in itself

+1

1 hour ago, Morrigan said:

It appears that HIV patients are safe. They are already testing HIV medication to fight Covid 19. At this moment the results seem to be the most promising. 

3 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Yes, we are. People are unable to react in a moderate and rational way anymore. Now any reaction is excessive. You can no longer ask people to take basic measures, because either they do nothing or they take actions that go way beyond what is necessary to do. 

Exactly what I meant, thank you

In medio stat virtus!

4 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

I know. Just think how many health problems would avoid a condom and yet...

1 minute ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

It appears that HIV patients are safe. They are already testing HIV medication to fight Covid 19. At this moment the results seem to be the most promising. 

Thaty’s a relief!!! !!

3 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

It appears that HIV patients are safe. They are already testing HIV medication to fight Covid 19. At this moment the results seem to be the most promising

Yes, I've read that they have been testing anti retrovirals used to fight Ebola as well

1 hour ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

That's fascinating, considering Coro is airborne...

The coronavirus can live in the air 2-3 minutes 

it is said that it will be less contagious during the summer and then pick up again in the fall hopefully by then there will be some sort of treatment

mostly surface contact and direct contact with persons with the virus is more common way of catching it

just be extra careful clean surfaces if you are traveling via mass transportation and wash your hands with soap and water

sanitize as much as possible if shaking hands or out in public

and for gods sake stop price gauging all the cleaning products

I had to go to Staples to buy cleaning products everything is sold out 

On 3/5/2020 at 12:57 PM, I Don’t Search I Find said:

I process Amazon Prime orders at Whole Foods. A female shopper yesterday noticed me scanning stuff and heard me muttering to myself “WTF almost everything is gone!” She started talking to me saying people are acting ridiculous with the bulk buying and that she came to the store just to buy a few cans of vegetables for dinner. I jokingly said “Hey whatever you see you might as well buy it now because you won’t see it again for a long time since this Coronavirus shopper mayhem is getting worse each day.” She was amused and seemed cool unlike the really crazy people I’ve seen there lately.

I then left to go look for stuff to scan for orders in other aisles. Later on a coworker who was also in that aisle told me that right after I left the  aisle, the lady freaked out big time and made a big scene. She proceeded to massively fill up a shopping cart with 100+ cans like she was on a TV game show shopping spree!  :rotfl: She ran around throwing in a bunch of cans without looking at what the products actually were and bought enough canned corn to last a couple years! :wacko:

CompassionateRespectfulIndri-size_restri

:lmao: :dead:

I shouldn't laugh really.. 

2 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Sars only killed 774 people may they rest in peace ..... Ebola has a higher death rate than Covid too but the fact remains that Covid is still deadlier than the flu

But it's MORTALITY RATE was still higher than coronaviruS FFS! 

It's not just no of people who died but mortality rate

JEEZ LOUISE CALM DOWN 

Wake me up when it's as bad as the PLAGUE. Then we'll TAWK.

Guest eroticerotic

People are commenting on Madonna’s Eurovision performance calling her a witch for prophesying the Coronavirus.

saying really legit insane things like the crown she wears translates to corona in Spanish. So she must have known 🤯

People fail to realize that  u can easily predict what happens next if u buy into the game book. It’s just common sense if you pay attention. I can’t believe the hypocrisy and how easily misled most people are. Willingly.

guys, I’ve lost hope in humanity. My goal now is to save up n buy an island and just leave. 

9 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

But it's MORTALITY RATE was still higher than coronaviruS FFS! 

It's not just no of people who died but mortality rate

JEEZ LOUISE CALM DOWN 

Wake me up when it's as bad as the PLAGUE. Then we'll TAWK.

I’m not the one shouting ,,, ,,

I shouldn't make light, but really, maybe 14 days in quarantine is JUST what the world NEEDS to reflect about what it's done. :fag: