Behind the scenes pic: Madame X concept/artwork review

Shaun

How amazing is this? Sara, a member of M’s team, posted this for her birthday. Look at the different aesthetic options for the cover/booklet/disc that surround them! Madonna is so involved in her art, right down to its visual presentation. Check out the array of font treatments and designs that were considered. Nothing is by accident with Madonna. The cover art we were presented with is 100% her vision!

40079409-DEBE-4E1E-A7CE-AE23A08A701B.jpeg

95C69C4D-2C39-4250-ACC2-E6E7EF6C92D0.png

E9E743EB-0B98-4999-9539-9B02EEEDABD9.jpeg

Notice how in one of the concepts, the word "MADAME" is written across her face while the only thing on her lips is the letter "X". So fascinating to see this little peek into the creative review.

I love that the image with the typewriter didn't even include the track list at this point in the process. And I'd kill to read what all those yellow Post-It notes say! Or what M is looking at on her phone...

So she was involved in the design of the Rainbow edition 🤣

5 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

what design..?

She has the sketches right there. Some have complained about the design so this picture makes her involvement in approving it obvious.

2 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

She has the sketches right there. Some have complained about the design so this picture makes her involvement in approving it obvious.

my point being there is no design at all in that tragic pride edition 😁

11 hours ago, cocolattee said:

this is amazing!

a great insight on the artistic creation of the artwork.... interesting that the purple lips thing is nowhere to be seen so it was either scrapped early on or it was just fan fiction

Well, those lips were real ... she posted a photo on IG showing them. But if you mean the rumor about that being on the cover art ... yes, you’re right, that seems to be fan fiction. Makes me wonder what those lips were for, now that you bring that up! I had forgotten about those glittery purple lips.

6 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

So she was involved in the design of the Rainbow edition 🤣

Couldn’t that be the other side of the “I Rise” 7” vinyl? (Not that it much matters... It’s the same “design,” I suppose...)

I love her artworks for Madonna X and thanks for sharing this .

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MamboDoesItBetter said:

Truly awesome to see M at work. A true testament to her devotion to detail. 

It’s her name on the album, it’s her tour and her brand. M has never lost sight of that. She has a true artistic vision for these songs and albums, so obviously without her there’s nothing, and our lives are drab and depressing. So thank you Madonna. Natural creativity and years of industry experience created Madame X.