Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

Estonie DOUZE POINTS (and not for the song)

As for Madge, I'll say the same here as I said to everyone else... I don't wanna talk about it.

Pour us another glass.

1 minute ago, mamifero said:

not at all

one presenter blowing kisses at her

another presenter quoting her "you're all winners" speech

Yeah I didn't think so. Ironically, I think people who are casual fans manage to enjoy Madonna more than some of us do. They don't really pick her apart. 

Well it’s a shame it wasn’t a great moment for her. I don’t think her vocals were awful but there were too many bum notes and of course everyone focuses on those, but that’s kinda expected in a show where vocals matter a lot. 

That arrangement of Like a Prayer is so flat :(. It was such a moment in both MDNA and Rebel Heart tour and I’m not sure why it was so stripped back here. It only made the focus more on her vocals which, as I say I don’t think were awful, but had too many bum notes. 

I quite liked Future but it wasn’t the right song, she should have gone with Medellin. The whole thing could have been much more uplifting than it was. However I liked the interlude a lot and it’s cool that she got the Palestinian flag in there. 

Guest Future feat Quavo

I thought her singing would be better considering she sounded decent at MET Gala last year but whatever... It was still a great performance 

Just now, Kim said:

Estonie DOUZE POINTS (and not for the song)

As for Madge, I'll say the same here as I said to everyone else... I don't wanna talk about it.

Pour us another glass.

Really, that bad huh? 

I do kinda wish she had given us Living For Love teas like she did for the Brits (not the fall part :lol:) but the really sassy choreography and movement. OH WELL!

4 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

Interview was amazing

LAP voice was good (performed with no backing vocals!)

Future sounded great!

set/stage/Theme - Amazing!

choreography- so this is my biggest issue: it was static. I thought she was restricted at first during LAP as she had the big cloak over all the armour & also thought she is saving her energy for some fun choreographed dance my bits in future...but then Future was static!

Quavo is a lame performer with no stage presence-M even had to nudge him to point his arm towards the roof at one point!

This. 

Quavo was awful and there was too much for me in the latter part with them both walking up the huge stairs and falling down together in front of the massive screen. 

Nobody watching gives a shit about him and he brought zero to the performance. 

1 minute ago, Herfaceremains said:

We all love Madonna and we want her to succeed. It’s tough to criticize her objectively, and I want to always celebrate her accomplishments. However, let’s be honest. This didn’t live up to the hype, and her performance was mediocre at best. She looked great, but her costume swallowed her up. Her vocal performance was unfortunate considering she was appearing as a headliner at a vocal competition. I think Madonna is finding her place with her new identity. She’s 60, and clearly he priorities as a performer have shifted. But there’s some fine tuning to focus on in my humble opinion because this wasn’t a good precursor to a theater tour. I’m disappointed, and I’m kind of weirded out by my own feelings. I need a glass of wine, and I’ll watch it a few times to pick up on the subtleties I probably missed live.

Another shocker. 😘

8 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

😞  I’m a bit worried that millions of people who have witnessed this performance will now focus on how “she can’t sing”. I don’t understand what happened? She always did great with Like a Prayer!!! 

"She can't sing." Madonna has been plagued unfairly with this public focus SINCE Blonde Ambition. I'm not sure how old you are but that's been the narrative since at least 1990. She don't care. 

Listen again, it was unassisted, full voiced and just fine. 

the hate is so usual now. if she lip synced she would have received the same hate.

so loved the dark ballet spoken part - loved parts of Future - the ending just needed more umpff.

other than that, yeah i'm sure i'll watch this over and over and over!

Look can I ask an open question to the forum ..... do you think the grills make it harder for her to sing as well as she can?

I'm just asking before everyone comes at me.

God I would’ve loved to have loved it, but it wasn’t remarkable. And her vocals on LAP were shaky.

Twitter is killing her (what’s new), but the whole thing will have blown over by next week and life will go on as usual. Plenty of promo ahead and she can still get some good PR

Curios how/if this performance will impact European charts

Just now, FreeMySoul said:

Madonna breaking the rules

quote.jpg

:clap: Stirring shit up since 1958.

Just now, Confessit said:

Look can I ask an open question to the forum ..... do you think the grills make it harder for her to sing as well as she can?

I'm just asking before everyone comes at me.

Could be. I'm not sure why she wears them to sing (tbh I wasn't looking closely enough to tell if they were in). Madonna's not stupid though, she knows this stuff, but I guess she has her reasons for doing them, just like the heavy costuming and such

I'm always for M, always, but this was a missed opportunity! ☹️

My two main problems with it:

- very poor arrangements of LAP -- what even was that?

- very poor choreography overall -- no energy whatsoever.

I liked the interlude, and the final message, but the whole thing just totally lacked energy. I'm not sure what happened here!

The Palestinian and Israeli flags in the back of the dancers was perfect and a very bold statement. The issue is that this will be completely eclipsed by everything else.

I don't understand the negative comments. As a fan, the whole thing was a dramatic, nerve-wracking and beautiful treat. It was probably more political commentary than pure entertainment, which (as a first-time Eurovision viewer) is fine by me.

Not everyone is comin to the future! Not everyone here is gonna last!

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

Could be. I'm not sure why she wears them to sing (tbh I wasn't looking closely enough to tell if they were in). Madonna's not stupid though, she knows this stuff, but I guess she has her reasons for doing them, just like the heavy costuming and such

I thought the costume looked better in instagram pictures. It looked very heavy on her. 

LAP wasn't as negative to me as some people are saying, but her vocals should be top notch for a show like this.Was kinda shocked by the audience reaction.:lol: Didn't look great for live television. Guess it is what it is. I still enjoyed it, and I thought she looked fantastic. 

Madonna is not going to be busting out dance moves like 1990!

Her vocals throughout her career live have been consistent. Like a Prayer Blond Ambition vocals are equal to this euro performance, so I find the meltdowns ludicrous.

Madonna is  about the message!!!!!

"I know I'm not the greatest singer, dancer, but that's not what I'm interested in, I'm interested in pushing peoples buttons".....to papaphrase her.

Just now, Jazzy Jan said:

The vocals were sadly too shaky in Like a Prayer.  

Yes I agree. I'm ready to live with that aspect when she performs . Nothing will be worst than her 4 minutes performance during the hard candy promo tour lol. 

Just now, Stephen said:

Madonna was wonderful!!!

so glad I never have to watch this crap ever again 

Come on... a very very very little part of you loved it.. 🤣