Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

2 minutes ago, eiriz47079 said:

I think some people on here are in denial. I’ve been a life long Madonna fan and to be honest I was disappointed, it was not a good performance . It’s ok though, not every performance needs to be good or great. Madonna is allowed to have an off performance. I was hoping this era was going to bring something different but at times it kind of feels like more of the same and it pains me to say that. Often times lately it feels like Madonna is chasing cool and that sometimes overshadows how great she is. She needs to remind people of her brilliance. We all know it and adore her but I feel like the message is getting lost in the shuffle. She’s already proved herself in so many ways. 

Seems the monsters have infiltrated again. 

Thats a pathetic first post and rather transparent. 

3 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

She certainly didn't  her career but in my opinion she didn't remind the world who she is I'm so sad. Hahaha 

Does she have to? She’s still here and still doing her thing. She’s not here to remind anyone of anything.

10 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

I thought it was a good performance. I liked the special effects and the staging. I honestly didn't think her vocals were that bad at all.

I agree.

Saw the performance. It wasn’t a career killer, but it also wasn’t her best performance. It’s over and done with. We just need to move on.

The media and haters can try to cancel her as much as they want, but this is one fight that they will lose. 

Just now, jjmor95 said:

Saw the performance. It wasn’t a career killer, but it wasn’t her best performance.

The media and haters can try to cancel her as much as they want, but this is one fight that they will lose. 

It’s over and done with. We just need to move on.

Yeah!!! They will always lose that fight!

12 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

It wasn't great. Even if they don't like her she's on such a high pedestal. And they don't understand sjes not 40 anymore. However when she came on the X fel off my eye patch. 

15582300667801395591359530190520.jpg

:rotfl: Get to bed hun.

7 minutes ago, ctg12 said:

Seems the monsters have infiltrated again. 

Thats a pathetic first post and rather transparent. 

Gosh that’s the scary part, I’m not a monster. Just trying to be honest. 😞 

Edited by eiriz47079

7 minutes ago, eiriz47079 said:

I was hoping this era was going to bring something different but at times it kind of feels like more of the same and it pains me to say that. Often times lately it feels like Madonna is chasing cool and that sometimes overshadows how great she is.

Yeah. So far, this era seems like Rebel Heart 2.0 which is weird because I'm not used to Madonna repeating herself. The songs so far sound very much like songs other people are doing on radio right now. Like "Crave" could be a Drake song or an Arianna Grande song and it's so weird that is the direction she chose to go in. I was very excited when I heard she was working with Mirwais again and was influenced by Portuguese music. I'm not hearing any of that yet. Maybe I'll hear it with the rest of the album.

4 minutes ago, MadFan said:

:rotfl: Get to bed hun.

Okay I will I'm glad we sharneber ed this together. Many years many forums ive never felt so accepted. Madame X is pissed

7 minutes ago, le smoking said:

I genuinely can't believe the amount of hate this performance is getting.  Not the most energetic and not the best vocally, but when I was watching it live I thought they were non issues especially the vocals.  Dark Ballet sounded amazing, she looked great, styling was on point, the message was beautifully presented and it was one of her most gorgeously staged performances ever.  When all the stupidity about her vocals or whatever fades away I hope people just remember her message of unity.  

I loved it and came here to celebrate LOL how delusional I was. 

I noticed a couple of clunkers but it wasn’t horrible

2 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yeah. So far, this era seems like Rebel Heart 2.0 which is weird because I'm not used to Madonna repeating herself. The songs so far sound very much like songs other people are doing on radio right now. Like "Crave" could be a Drake song or an Arianna Grande song and it's so weird that is the direction she chose to go in. I was very excited when I heard she was working with Mirwais again and was influenced by Portuguese music. I'm not hearing any of that yet. Maybe I'll hear it with the rest of the album.

I don’t believe that. Tell me the exact song that sounds like Crave? The music sounds very different than rebel heart 

51 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I may not like the LAP performance, but I agree with this - Madonna is not to be confined to a mould, a box. I will never be what the society expects me to be

Precisely that. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, eiriz47079 said:

Gosh that’s the scary part, I’m not a monster. Just trying to be honest. 😞 

how come you are so negative about it? don't you know that madonna is more than just vocals? you say nothing about the staging? the visuals? you can't say an entire thing is bad because you don't like the vocals.. you are ignoring a big part of the performance

I liked it too and was baffled by the reactions in here lol. Even during LAP, I thought she sounded good except for one part.

I will say that people need to calm down with all the gloom and doom just because this performance wont be received well. Remember Mariah's new years performance? Maroon 5's Super Bowl? Those were received even worse and meme'd into oblivion and people forgot about them in a week. At least there was nothing in this performance that will turn into a stupid meme.

Just now, Nikki said:

how come you are so negative about it? don't you know that madonna is more than just vocals? you say nothing about the staging? the visuals? you can't say an entire thing is bad because you don't like the vocals.. you are ignoring a big part of the performance

Stop fighting with haters 

3 minutes ago, graffitiheart said:

I loved it and came here to celebrate LOL how delusional I was. 

I noticed a couple of clunkers but it wasn’t horrible

People are a mess lmao it was a fine performance and staged so well. 

10 minutes ago, ursula said:

Look, it was painful to watch. I had to remove my headphones early in LAP. We(the sad ones) can't help feeling how we are feeling tonight. We will be better tomorrow. 

We all live our fan-hood (fan-itude?) differently. We all care about different things in a different way, that doesn't make any of us right or wrong.

Show me where I asked.

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

This.

I was fine with it and then came here only to see everyone moaning. My God, what an insufferable fanbase we have.

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

LAPs only mistake is that it was performed similarly at the MET. Rest assured had this been the first time it was presented in this style, the moaners on this board would love it. I didn't even find the vocals that much different in "perfection" compared to the MET gala. 

3 minutes ago, svperstar said:

This.

I was fine with it and then came here only to see everyone moaning. My God, what an insufferable fanbase we have.

I was one of the only fans to bash the billboard performance.. many here loved it.. but aside from the low energy, I really don't see or hear anything wrong.. the art direction was amazing. only Quavo and the autotune afterwards for that shitty Future song was bs

Now, what I do hope is that Madonna may wake up and realise she has yes people around her, and that people like Quavo don't deserve her (he couldn't even name one song!!!!) he's the worst. madonna should not give these horrible people who don't care for her attention.

1 minute ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yes and don’t get me wrong, I’ve got Medellin and Crave on repeat and I really like the songs; they are solid efforts. I can’t think of another iconic artist making current music that sounds this good. I was expecting something different but so be it. The Eurovision performance though, not her best. To many distractions dilute how brilliant she is. 

5 minutes ago, graffitiheart said:

I don’t believe that. Tell me the exact song that sounds like Crave? The music sounds very different than rebel heart 

It sounds like a Rebel Heart b-side to me. If you disagree, that is fine.

Thanks, @Mario Lopez, for that FB link for the video. I was able to watch it, at least. There was no audio during what I assume was Dark Ballet, but it came back for Future. (So strange!) But I appreciate it!

I also was able to watch the LAP portion before that — from a French Eurovision Twitter account on the EW article. But I couldn’t make the video any larger and it cut off before Dark Ballet...

4 minutes ago, svperstar said:

This.

It’s extremely bizarre.  You end up feeling as though you’ve entered an alternate reality.

1 minute ago, peter said:

Thanks, @Mario Lopez, for that FB link for the video. I was able to watch it, at least. There was no audio during what I assume was Dark Ballet, but it came back for Future. (So strange!) But I appreciate it!

I also was able to watch the LAP portion before that — from a French Eurovision Twitter account on the EW article. But I couldn’t make the video any larger and it cut off before Dark Ballet...

It wasn't dark ballet... it was her talking

Yeah the further I get from the performance time-wise and then revisit it, the better it gets. 

I will say this though; she needs to stop releasing such commercial throwaway songs as singles. Medellín is brilliant so I’m not talking about that, but as much as I like Crave and Future , they’re obvious ploys to get commercial success and by now Madonna and co should know it’s not happening. She’d probably do better releasing experimental album tracks that showcase her versatility and good taste to be honest 

Maybe some of us can hear it better when a singer is off key? I grew up in a house full of musicians, so maybe my ear is more sensitive than others. With that being said, apart from LAP, she absolutely killed it!!! I had goosebumps watching her perform Future!! And as much as I dislike Quavo end his attitude, I can’t help but love this song!! My favorite after Medellin!