Madonna performing at Billboard Music Awards!

1 minute ago, M_Sinner said:

40 min till the show, I don't think she's doing red carpet thing... but she's always late though lol

i think it would be a missed opportunity to talk up the new album. 

So this just happened as I’m getting ready to watch the show ❤️🔥❤️🔥❤️ I know it’s maybe not a big deal to most....but it just feels like recognition after 35+ years of being a fan ❤️

285631C1-8198-4C59-A5CA-40A4F4482A3D.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Priceless said:

The ads for the show are kind of annoying. "ICON and LEGEND Mariah Carey! (pause) Plus, Madonna and Maluma. Tonight at 7 central!" 

OTzMCb9.gif

That's because Mariah is receiving the ICON award so they're gonna, obviously, refer to her as that

1 minute ago, rekha said:

@MLVC82

Congratulations on your award㊗️㊗️

❤️ I know it’s maybe cheesy to some people...but it made me feel special for a moment ❤️

1 minute ago, rekha said:

@MLVC82

Congratulations on your award㊗️㊗️

7 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

When I see a celebrity not mention Madonna but rave about Mariah and BTS like that girl that was just interviewed - straight away can't be bothered with them. 

Also,  does Taylor's people pay E news to promote and rave about her non stop.   It is all so contrived and seems worse this year than what I have ever seen.  E really has become the pits. 

I'm rolling my eyes so hard! This shit is painful AF!

1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

96EBAA5C-E9F0-45D6-84A6-22EE34E751F9.jpeg

He's so cute! I need to find me a Maluma lookalike!!😝😝

3 minutes ago, San said:

I'm rolling my eyes so hard! This shit is painful AF!

It is shocking !   How can presenters keep getting worse and worse every year !   The payola for artists has become so much more obvious every year too.  

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

I certainly hope this thread doesn't concentrate on berating the other artists up to Madonna's performance tonight?  Let's try to stay positive and enjoy what's to come!  Besides Madonna, I'm actually looking forward to hearing Kelly Clarkson and Panic At the Disco

17 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

When I see a celebrity not mention Madonna but rave about Mariah and BTS like that girl that was just interviewed - straight away can't be bothered with them. 

Also,  does Taylor's people pay E news to promote and rave about her non stop.   It is all so contrived and seems worse this year than what I have ever seen.  E really has become the pits. 

E has been the pits of hell for years

2 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I certainly hope this thread doesn't concentrate on berating the other artists up to Madonna's performance tonight?  Let's try to stay positive and enjoy what's to come!  Besides Madonna, I'm actually looking forward to hearing Kelly Clarkson and Panic At the Disco

There is nothing much else to talk about until Madonna appears on the red carpet.   Just commenting on the E red carpet coverage as so many are watching it.  

16 minutes ago, bardo said:

i think it would be a missed opportunity to talk up the new album. 

Yes every artist is promoting something on the red carpet

Cardi B is on red carpet

Jennifer Hudson was asked about Mariah

3 minutes ago, Amelia said:

This. Taylors amazing when praising Madonna or collaborating with her. We just need to remember yes Madonna is an icon she is THE popstar but she will never be the hottest thing anymore. Her ride is comparable and her reign FIRMLY cemented. Every artist wants to be her. I've never seen M so happy about music. This will be an AMAZING performance. 

Just now, Jazzy Jan said:

There is nothing much else to talk about until Madonna appears on the red carpet.   Just commenting on the E red carpet coverage as so many are watching it.  

Oh, I understand, but I just see no point in commenting on the people we are not interested in.  I'm sure a lot of people do not want to thumb through this thread to read about Madonna, to see people bickering about the other artists. Just think we should attempt to keep this as positive as possible. 😉

3 minutes ago, swimtoshore said:

E has been the pits of hell for years

Don't laugh Swimtoshore - but it is pretty scary when we are thinking that Guilianna Rancic and Ryan Seacrest were professional and well informed compared to the hosts now !    At least they were professional and informed. 

2 minutes ago, Amelia said:

That's gonna be hard @Amelia. Todays 'artists' are not really artists anymore. From the bit I saw of the red carpet I was just so discouraged with the state of the music industry today. The rawness and authenticity of older days is gone. Everything today is completely sanitized. Just look at Taylor Swift? Is that even a pop star? And then you have all these 'influencers', who don't really have any talent whatsover... I'm curious for some of the performances, but until getting to Madonna, I might need to keep the sound in mute for most of the time.

Just now, Jazzy Jan said:

Don't laugh Swimtoshore - but it is pretty scary when we are thinking that Guilianna Rancic and Ryan Seacrest were professional and well informed compared to the hosts now !    At least they were professional and informed. 

i guess you’re right.....how tragic

I will not have the patience to watch another of these cheap music awards shows with, as usual, ridiculous performers and winners. I will watch the performance on You Tube after.

Just now, headonfire said:

That's gonna be hard @Amelia. Todays 'artists' are not really artists anymore. From the bit I saw of the red carpet I was just so discouraged with the state of the music industry today. The rawness and authenticity of older days is gone. Everything today is completely sanitized. Just look at Taylor Swift? Is that even a pop star? And then you have all these 'influencers', who don't really have any talent whatsover... I'm curious for some of the performances, but until getting to Madonna, I might need to keep the sound in mute for most of the time.

I'm just going to enjoy the show for what it is. I know we all are here Madonna.  The others; either it's going to be a trainwreck or surprisingly fun to watch.  LOL! 

15 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

96EBAA5C-E9F0-45D6-84A6-22EE34E751F9.jpeg

he's looking great!

9 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Oh, I understand, but I just see no point in commenting on the people we are not interested in.  I'm sure a lot of people do not want to thumb through this thread to read about Madonna, to see people bickering about the other artists. Just think we should attempt to keep this as positive as possible. 😉

Know what you mean but to be honest,  the thread would be stagnant at the moment without commenting on the red carpet as all it would be is people talking about looking forward to Madonna  - which we all are of course.    I don't think people have been too critical of other artists,  more commenting on how hopeless the E coverage is !    Will change once Madonna appears and the thread will be all about her. 

Just now, Amelia said:

I'm just going to enjoy the show for what it is. I know we all are here Madonna.  The others; either it's going to be a trainwreck or surprisingly fun to watch.  LOL! 

I'm with you... I can't wait to see what Madonna has stored for us. :tigger: