Medellín remixes

Msig

I agree its not amazing. And of course remixes in the past by Groove Armada, Deep Dish, Orbital, William Orbit, Felix Da housecat, Shep and Kruder and Dorfmeister etc raised the bar high. Record Industry has changed- spending that much money on remixes doesnt make sense anymore. But there have always been a lot of generic “for the dance floor of the time” remixes throught out here career. Are we just more picky now because there are so many options out there and we can listen to anything we want whenever. I remember getting the maxi singles before in the 90s and 00s and listening to those NON-STOP along with albums.

8 minutes ago, Eltacubo said:

I agree its not amazing. And of course remixes in the past by Groove Armada, Deep Dish, Orbital, William Orbit, Felix Da housecat, Shep and Kruder and Dorfmeister etc raised the bar high. Record Industry has changed- spending that much money on remixes doesnt make sense anymore. But there have always been a lot of generic “for the dance floor of the time” remixes throught out here career. Are we just more picky now because there are so many options out there and we can listen to anything we want whenever. I remember getting the maxi singles before in the 90s and 00s and listening to those NON-STOP along with albums.

I actually think the Offer Nissim ones are fantastic now in comparison 

2 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Where did you hear them, can you post a link?

Unfortunately I can’t. The links I was presented with are unrecognizable and I can only play them with permission under my account. 

6 hours ago, DanM said:

Well for me the DJLW remix is miles better than Offer Nissim so it all comes down to personal taste.

https://soundcloud.com/djlynnwood/medellin-john-christian-djlw-remix

This is better than I was expecting given all your reviews and better than most of the RH and MDNA mixes. Another fun party mix. Nothing amazing but serviceable! 

I don't know why they're so slow getting them on Spotify! 

I miss the days when M had the best remixes of any artist. I’m still holding on to a ray of hope some excellent official mixes will get some sort of release other than just digital. 

12 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Last time of decent mixes was for COADF. 

I actually feel they were so bad! Especially for that album...maybe cuz the originals are dance already but idk. Hung Up had mixes that sucked out the life and fun disco. Sorry probably had the best mixes out of confessions. Get Together should've had trance mixed by Above & Beyond and Tiesto. Hard Candy i feel had amazing mixes.

8 hours ago, Showdown said:

I actually feel they were so bad! Especially for that album...maybe cuz the originals are dance already but idk. Hung Up had mixes that sucked out the life and fun disco. Sorry probably had the best mixes out of confessions. Get Together should've had trance mixed by Above & Beyond and Tiesto. Hard Candy i feel had amazing mixes.

I agree. COADF just had a raft of electro mixes that missed the mark except the pet shop boys. Hard candy's were much better. Oakenfold's GI2M remains one of my ask time favourites including the Dub!

7 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

Craving CD maxi-singles

Ah, those were the days... Missing such masterpieces so much. Like a Prayer, Rescue Me, Erotica, Deeper and Deeper, Nothing Really Matters... just to name a few.  

The ROL era took creative chances with remixes.....that worked on many levels.  As with anything and everything being disposable these days, official M remixes hardly bear the repeat button.

Having said that, Offer did a great job on Medellin! 🏌

I just wish we would still get some poppier, more melodic and radio-friendly remixes (like Richard Vission, Tracy Young etc did for her in the past) along with the "darker" club remixes.... I dont understand what's so wrong with a more relaxed and melodic remix that you can actually sing along and dance to

3 hours ago, Mensch said:

They suck anyway so it’s whatever. Enjoy the Offer ones! 

that's your opinion maybe some of us will like them don't assume because you don't like them that others won't.

58 minutes ago, juliebean said:

that's your opinion maybe some of us will like them don't assume because you don't like them that others won't.

Ok well they’re still not out! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Idk when they are coming 

6 hours ago, Mensch said:

Ok well they’re still not out! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Idk when they are coming 

I know it's taking ages.

2 hours ago, cocolattee said:

you heard them all? any links to the Robbie Rivera ones?

He literally slapped a beat behind the song and sped it up 10 Bpm’s and that’s it.