New album thread: discuss here. #Magic

23 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

She tagged MJ as an inspiration too back in July/August, I wonder how are they inspiring ha.

:thumbsup::inlove:

Serious question. If you have to choose between commercial success or multiple Grammys awards, which one would you choose, cannot be both. I’d prefer this album be the best of her career and win at least 5 major Grammys awards. 

11 minutes ago, iamme said:

Serious question. If you have to choose between commercial success or multiple Grammys awards, which one would you choose, cannot be both. I’d prefer this album be the best of her career and win at least 5 major Grammys awards. 

commercial success because i dont feel madonna cares much about awards to be fair 

Commercial success, if she gets the #1’s and sells even 2M or 3M this will be so good and expose her like in COADF or HC era.

Grammys never loved her, she’s fine with the 7 that she has, I would be fine with a nomination.

3 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Latest news:

It has been confirmed that Madonna's upcoming new album, the title of which will soon be revealed, will feature a number of songs recorded in a studio where people played instruments. For the album, Madonna will also be singing. It is likely that people will be able to listen to these songs once the album is finally released.

she sings on all her albums and of course we will be able to listen when the album is released! lol I really like the instruments part!

34 minutes ago, iamme said:

If one or the other (only option in the cards, although I think she will have both with this record), I am all in for a yet again quality product that will get the key/major awards at the Grammys. Love it even if it is too avangarde for the masses. Commercial success she will definitely have with the tour.  

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

I love Waiting. Best song in the album.

+1.

30 minutes ago, iamme said:

you can have both - LAP had great reviews and so did Ray of light and it sold and won awards. 

I am ready with several versions of comments (with lots of emojis :)) to add to M's new songs/videos as they are released. I am committed to scroll through the comment section and like positive posts every time I listen/watch a new upload (we need to make sure that at least the top 20 comments are positive!). I also plan to report inappropriate comments. Who is with me?

I think we need to start spamming Madonnas Instagram and ask “WHEN”. How long we have to wait. It looks like nothing will happen. At least give us some info. God how I’m tired of waiting. 😞 

Just now, Royal T said:

I think we need to start spamming Madonnas Instagram and ask “WHEN”. How long we have to wait. It looks like nothing will happen. At least give us some info. God how I’m tired of waiting. 😞 

this is what we get when her albums dont leak somebody break her hacker out of jail ffs 

I'd pick the awards option. Looking back on her legacy in years to come, it would be a huge achievement to have a critically acclaimed album after 14 years worth of (debatable) misfires. Rather than the last few albums of her career all being somewhat underwhelming to non-fans.

I actually think her only chance at big commercial success is with a 'critical acclaim' type album. Typical commercial music by Madonna in 2019 will not sell.

I have a feeling that Magic will be that album

35 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Commercial success, if she gets the #1’s and sells even 2M or 3M this will be so good and expose her like in COADF or HC era.

Grammys never loved her, she’s fine with the 7 that she has, I would be fine with a nomination.

but that's not what he says.. in this scenario the grammys would care and it would be universally and critically acclaimed. Both would be amazing for her career, but I think the public needs a reminder of M the ARTIST.. she's already the most successful female in music..

that said though, I think it goes hand in hand.. if it's critically acclaimed, it'll also be successful. it's better to have that as a starting point than a lot of commercial success and hoping it'll have legs and amazing cultural impact and acclaim afterwards. 

9 minutes ago, trickyricky said:

this is what we get when her albums dont leak somebody break her hacker out of jail ffs 

I mean I don’t mind to wait 1,2 or 3 months but at least give as some info. Share something with your loyal fans instead of this bullshit ( kids video and random  pics).  She’s testing ours patient 😄

Just now, Royal T said:

I mean I don’t mind to wait 1,2 or 3 months but at least give as some info. Share something with your loyal fans instead of this bullshit ( kids video and random  pics).  She’s testing ours patient 😄

shes busy ...

5 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

I'd pick the awards option. Looking back on her legacy in years to come, it would be a huge achievement to have a critically acclaimed album after 14 years worth of (debatable) misfires. Rather than the last few albums of her career all being somewhat underwhelming to non-fans.

I actually think her only chance at big commercial success is with a 'critical acclaim' type album. Typical commercial music by Madonna in 2019 will not sell.

Agree with everything in this post 👍🏻

12 minutes ago, Royal T said:

#waitgirl,soon

18 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

I agree 👍🏻

4 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Latest news:

It has been confirmed that Madonna's upcoming new album, the title of which will soon be revealed, will feature a number of songs recorded in a studio where people played instruments. For the album, Madonna will also be singing. It is likely that people will be able to listen to these songs once the album is finally released.

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, robster said:

Seriously people, I'm so tired of the same jokes over and over and over again... I know the waiting is annoying, but hang in there.

It's quite obvious that she is clearly up to something. She has clearly disappeared from Insta over the last couple of weeks. And has started following some interesting people on insta, such as a new musical director/keyboard player. Combined with rehearsal hashtags on her recent posts this leads me to believe that she is either about to or has already started rehearsals for some sort of performance. If that is the case, then a performance can't be too far away, and if THAT's the case, then the songs she's about to perform can't be too far away either!

This...well said Rob and i missed "And has started following some interesting people on insta, such as a new musical director/keyboard player.".....

who is she following? sounds exciting.

3 hours ago, robster said:

Seriously people, I'm so tired of the same jokes over and over and over again... I know the waiting is annoying, but hang in there.

It's quite obvious that she is clearly up to something. She has clearly disappeared from Insta over the last couple of weeks. And has started following some interesting people on insta, such as a new musical director/keyboard player. Combined with rehearsal hashtags on her recent posts this leads me to believe that she is either about to or has already started rehearsals for some sort of performance. If that is the case, then a performance can't be too far away, and if THAT's the case, then the songs she's about to perform can't be too far away either!

This...well said Rob and i missed "And has started following some interesting people on insta, such as a new musical director/keyboard player.".....

who is she following? sounds exciting.

I choose commercial success. I don't want to be superficial but I'd love to experience another madonna-mania like COADF was. 

But if the album contains the new Frozen and she delivers a video as mesmerizing as the Frozen one, then fuck the commercial success.

57 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

All of this x1000. Though I really have no feeling of what we will ultimately get. I am nervous because if it is not cohesive, stylistically and in terms of how it is delivered, it may overshadow the quality aspects of the album. If that happens, it will fail to capture respect and commercial interest. I really hope she has a great team working on how to deliver this baby!

If we fans want a critically or commercially successful album this time, don’t rush her. She and her team need time to come up to an amazingly unprecedented strategy which would consume a lot of time.

5 minutes ago, iamme said:

If we fans want a critically or commercially successful album this time, don’t rush her. She and her team need time to come up to an amazingly unprecedented strategy which would consume a lot of time.

i think 4 years is long enough ...

I just want quality music and quality videos.

I hate to sound ageist, but this is the reality of the world we're living in. It's very TOUGH for somebody of Madonna's age to crack the industry with a lot of popularity.

It would take a lot of energy and a lot of compromise to make it happen, and I'm not sure it would be worth it. I really would like a great record that is well accepted by the opinion makers, rather than selling herself out to the nth degree trying to get a hit. I'd much rather just get quality music. But I can only speak for myself, and that's just me..I just hope for the best situation..

1 minute ago, Dany Targaryen said:

I just want quality music and quality videos.

I hate to sound ageist, but this is the reality of the world we're living in. It's very TOUGH for somebody of Madonna's age to crack the industry with a lot of popularity.

It would take a lot of energy and a lot of compromise to make it happen, and I'm not sure it would be worth it. I really would like a great record that is well accepted by the opinion makers, rather than selling herself out to the nth degree trying to get a hit. I'd much rather just get quality music. But I can only speak for myself, and that's just me..I just hope for the best situation..

its not ageist its just true ...madonna knows this most artists over 50 know it