M14 updates 2

1 hour ago, rooch4u said:

Mdna had the super bowl which made a sold out tour. That was the promotion I think.

She also did a press junket of interviews,  they aired on The Today Show and Rock Center on NBC .  Again it was still more press than she did for TB or LAP

30 minutes ago, Samo said:

She also did a press junket of interviews,  they aired on The Today Show and Rock Center on NBC .  Again it was still more press than she did for TB or LAP

TB and LAP had MTV which was the biggest promotion channel basically dedicated to her

2 minutes ago, Suedy said:

The fact that ppl are rewriting LAPs success as NTP 

I can’t 

:dead:

She did ONE T.V.interview for LAP,  months after the album's release and it aired in Australia!

And just did ONE TV performance for EY at the MTV awards

She did no other press,  no press junkets and dedicated Madonna specials, like the one hours Ellen Degeneres MDNA tour special.  No promo tour of performances 

NONE

I do remember seeing Paula Abdul and New Kids on the Block EVERYWHERE at that time as a young kid in 89-90, on EVERY TV show and performing nonstop and thinking "Why doesn't Madonna do that"?

She did do her share of magazine covers for LAP though 

It's not rewriting history, it's a fact, she did way more TV press, even if it wasn't "that much" for MDNA 

If Madonna pulled a TB or LAP promo campaign for the new album, fans would really go apeshit and call for Guy O's head on a platter.

15 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

disagree completely. music publications rave over madonna and her legacy constantly. if she released a critically acclaimed album...i couldnt help but feel like the Grammys would have a hard time ignoring the lauding. Especially now that they are more sensitive to female music.

they do? ok.

Didnt all her last 3 albums got pretty great reviews? I do remember reading such esp. release time.

Even some singles like Ghosttown and Bitch im Madonna made some year end lists..

52 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

they do? ok.

Didnt all her last 3 albums got pretty great reviews? I do remember reading such esp. release time.

Even some singles like Ghosttown and Bitch im Madonna made some year end lists..

Yes they did especially RH

And HC was the 9th biggest selling album worldwide of 2008

4 hours ago, Suedy said:

The fact that ppl are rewriting LAPs success as NTP 

I can’t 

:dead:

I know. 

Comparing the 80,'s when MTV,  music shows and music videos were big events  -  to the MDNA  era. It makes no sense whatsoever.  Madonna did not need to promote so much in the 80's re interviews etc because everyone saw her fantastic videos and heard her brilliant songs on the radio. She was a superstar because music shows and music videos were watched by everyone then. People reacted totally to her music and videos for themselves.  So different from today where any reality star etc can be promoted and made famous for nothing and MTV etc is no more and people make somewhat stars out of idiots reacting to videos on Youtube :wacko:

2 hours ago, YannBouch said:

Breaking news

NEW ALBUM LICORICE

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « madonna licorice »

Only one track:

Candy shop (My sugar is raw extended) - 45 min 

You got me going there for a sec 🤣

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I know. 

Comparing the 80,'s when MTV,  music shows and music videos were big events  -  to the MDNA  era. It makes no sense whatsoever.  Madonna did not need to promote so much in the 80's re interviews etc because everyone saw her fantastic videos and heard her brilliant songs on the radio. She was a superstar because music shows and music videos were watched by everyone then. People reacted totally to her music and videos for themselves.  So different from today where any reality star etc can be promoted and made famous for nothing and MTV etc is no more and people make somewhat stars out of idiots reacting to videos on Youtube :wacko:

The fact that you even have to EXPLAIN that to people in a Madonna forum is baffling. Context is everything.

3 hours ago, YannBouch said:

Breaking news

NEW ALBUM LICORICE

Only one track:

This was the rumour/fake art leading up to Hard Candy wasn't it ?

This image, idea and album title is so much better than what we got with Hard Candy LOL

5 hours ago, dollhouse said:

people dont like superstars anymore, they love girl next doors like Meghan Trainor

Billboard refers to Meghan as a “legend”. :britwtf:

2 hours ago, mafalda said:

Will the first single be a ballad or a dance track?

I think it will be somewhere in between those two.

my guess is: Mid tempo track in the same vein as something like "Secret".

3 hours ago, Magician said:

Billboard refers to Meghan as a “legend”. :britwtf:

To some people she’s a legend. There are many people who are legends. But be at peace! When it comes to Madonna she is like Michael Jackson kind of legend! Rare and unique! Often imitated, never duplicated! Millions of people have witness a phenomena called Madonna Ciconni. I’m drunk. 

7 hours ago, humanracin said:

This was the rumour/fake art leading up to Hard Candy wasn't it ?

This image, idea and album title is so much better than what we got with Hard Candy LOL

no it isnt, its horrible tbh

6 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Whatever the album sounds like I hope there's some uptempo dance tracks on it...We need Madonna to rescue us from the catatonic boring pop of today.:vogue:

smtg like ggw and tutr 

12 hours ago, YannBouch said:

Breaking news

NEW ALBUM LICORICE

Only one track:

LMAO, I made that years ago as an avatar on the Madonnamad forum, everyone knew it was fake but then it spread to other forums where people didn't know this and somehow it spread, and then one day Billboard.com posted an article stating that M's new album would be called "Licorice", which was then picked up by EVERYONE, the BBC, CNN, MTV, VH1, literally everyone and Liz Rosenberg had to issue an official statement that the album would in fact not be titled Licorice and I posted a making of, showing people how I made this visual, using an old photo of Evan Rachel Wood as a basis! SO FUNNY! Hahahaha

12 hours ago, Kim said:

The fact that you even have to EXPLAIN that to people in a Madonna forum is baffling. Context is everything.

Overall, this is the major problem of the current era, nothing is interpreted in context and, therefore, everything is distorted by the contemporary environment.

12 hours ago, Kim said:

57 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Overall, this is the major problem of the current era, nothing is interpreted in context and, therefore, everything is distorted by the contemporary environment.

It is sad really.  We all know that today's climate is different re promotion and Madonna has to do things differently.  Context is everything. 

Nobody should ever ever forget though the absolute dominance that Madonna naturally had in the 80's and 90's and all of it was due to her timeless wonderful music,  talent, performances and charisma. Her personality,  beauty, humour and intelligence were added bonuses like the cherry on top. She achieved all of this despite the mainstream media putting her down continually and saying she was over all the time.  

I personally think that has to be highlighted so much with her promotion.  She is the ONLY solo superstar of that magnitude left in the world.  Something that should be shouted from the tree tops and capitalised on.  Show people WHY Madonna has always been the main influence and superstar of all female music superstars.  There will never be another Madonna in the music world and Madonna fans should both promote her legendary music and her new releases and performances.  She is a once in a lifetime star. 

6 hours ago, Katypatra said:

To some people she’s a legend. There are many people who are legends. But be at peace! When it comes to Madonna she is like Michael Jackson kind of legend! Rare and unique! Often imitated, never duplicated! Millions of people have witness a phenomena called Madonna Ciconni

Ciccone 😉