Noel Gallagher on Madonna

jaron

And here I was thinking you were fine-tuning your pyrotechnics and dance routines for the stage show.
Who do you think I am, Chris Martin? Talking of Vogue, though, do you know who I was with last night?

Tell me.
I was with Madonna [at Annabel’s, for the Mert & Marcus House of Love party held in her honor].

Did she have a doctor with her to attend to her bruises? [Two nights earlier, Madonna had taken a nasty fall during her performance at London’s Brit Awards.]
No—I think it was just her ego that was bruised. I’m not sure she was bashed up all that bad. She was nice though. My wife is a superfan—my wife honestly thinks that she is one of the greatest human beings that has ever lived.

And you don’t?
[An almost apocalyptic silence follows my question, until Gallagher finally responds diplomatically:] She’s nice. She’s nice. She’s very nice.

And what sort of thing do you chat about with Madonna?
Well, funny enough I can’t remember, because I was roaring drunk. I don’t remember a great deal about the night.

from: http://www.vogue.com/12008183/interview-noel-gallagher-chasing-yesterday/?mbid=social_facebook

Guest whatatramp

NME 1995

Your single came out at a time when Britain was engrossed in the chart war between Blur and Oasis. Were you aware of all that?

“No. All I know about Blur is that they exist. I’ve listened to the Oasis CD but it doesn’t appeal to me. I know everyone’s into them in Britain but everyone listens to Mariah Carey here and I’m not into that either.”
Weren’t you supposed to go and see Oasis at Earls Court?
“I was invited to the show but I said, ‘I’m not going to go just because they’re a big deal. I have to like their music’. So they gave me a CD, and I listened to it, and I wasn’t interested ”
Did the rock-based aspect put you off?
“Yeah, I just can’t relate to it. I have a hard time relating to male artists anyway… unless it’s the blues, R&B, that kind of stuff. Rock seems to me to be a lifestyle kind of stance, hiding behind this whole macho thing. It just doesn’t touch me. I listen to Oasis and I don’t know what the f*** they’re singing about and I don’t care.”
One of the Gallagher brothers, Noel, was quoted as saying that he was looking forward to meeting you and would only be too pleased to help you to have a baby.
Madonna starts. “REALLY?…”
He was only joking, he wasn’t being offensive.
“No, no, no…” she smiles, obviously tickled pink, “that’s very sweet! What do they look like? I haven’t a clue. On the album cover you can only see the backs of their heads. Are they cute?”
Cute?… Actually. you might think so. At a stretch, they’re a bit Italian looking.
“Italian looking? Oh, that’s nice.”
She sighs regretfully, unaware that it may have been a little imaginative to relocate the Gallaghers in downtown Milan.
“I feel terrible about the things I said. I hope they don’t feel too insulted when they read this interview I can’t help it, y’know, I’m just not into rock music. I was never even into The Beatles, can you Imagine?” she grins over at me, minxishly, “Is that sacrilegious to say?”

He speaks highly of her intermittently over time :lol:

He's OK but he's got a huge ego and not in a good sense of the phrase

He also has to put on this big macho act occasionally but there are worse elements within the industry

And it make sense that Noel Gallagher would be drunk and couldn't remember a thing :gent:

That's why his career and fame are rather ...... insular

Guest whatatramp

he said the other week "I don't want to live in a world where Ed Sheeran is selling out 3 nights at wembley stadium" and then this week he said "I want have a bad word said about Ed Sheeran" :lmao:

If I recall rightly he was asked about M/Gaga and said that Gaga was crap in comparison. Something that she was all image and no substance and Madonna actually took it to the edge musically

edit: I found it

"I don't give a f**king monkey's about Lady GaGa. It's all about the meat suit and the controversy.

"Is it about music? Really? She's got the publicity side sorted, but where's the f**king music?"

Gallagher added: "Her first album gets played a lot round my house by my daughter. 'Paparazzi'? It's Madonna lite. Madonna was hardcore. She took it to the edge musically as well as everything else. Twenty years from now, will we be listening to Lady GaGa? No.

"She might think she's making a stand for freaks and the weirdos but they're not going to have any decent f**king music to play, are they?"

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a342908/noel-gallagher-brands-lady-gaga-madonna-lite.html#ixzz3TFiv6PnW
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Guest whatatramp

"She might think she's making a stand for freaks and the weirdos but they're not going to have any decent f**king music to play, are they?"

:dead:

he said the other week "I don't want to live in a world where Ed Sheeran is selling out 3 nights at wembley stadium" and then this week he said "I want have a bad word said about Ed Sheeran" :lmao:

Time to lay off the local boozer for a while perhaps

Did she have a doctor with her to attend to her bruises? [Two nights earlier, Madonna had taken a nasty fall during her performance at London’s Brit Awards.]

No—I think it was just her ego that was bruised. I’m not sure she was bashed up all that bad. She was nice though. My wife is a superfan—my wife honestly thinks that she is one of the greatest human beings that has ever lived.

and your wife is bloody right!

hahah Whatatramp thanks for posting M's interview from NME! she is so tongue in cheek and doens't give a fuck, i love her :lol:

he gets the difference between madonna and goober which a lot of people outside of this fanbase don't see, therefore alone he can't be too bad in my eyes. he's just.. opinionated. but that's not always a bad thing

I do recall this:

Mono browed Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher is not afraid to speak his mind. He's tee'd off on many subjects in the past and the latest thing to raise his ire - Madonna. It appears the Brit Popper is no fan of Madge's latest record 'Confessions on a Dancefloor'.

Gallagher's slammed the album, including the massive hits 'Hung Up' and 'Sorry' as being outdated and unoriginal. The writer of 'Don't Look Back in Anger' says, "she ran of out ideas some time back. It's all so 80s now."

http://www.thehothits.com/news/8841/Noel%20Slags%20Off%20Madonna?currentPage=89

And this: http://www.clashmusic.com/news/noel-gallagher-mocks-madonna

Maybe because the Gallaghers are rude and arrogant and Italian men are also rude and arrogant....

Lovely to read gross generalisations

lol at what he said about Gaga! Interesting to know he sort of likes her.

I briefly met Noel and his wife. They were extremely nice people. I had no idea his wife liked Madonna - I would have mentioned it to her.

His wife was super sweet to me.

Guest Rachelle of London

what kind of italian men this interviewer ever met?? :huh:

maybe cos they've got dark hair? I dunno!!!

Maybe because the Gallaghers are rude and arrogant and Italian men are also rude and arrogant....

talking about rudeness and arrogance......

are you from italy?