New world tour to be announced next week!

Guest gang bang

Guest gang bang

That's the thing, this is Madonna, ticket prices are going to increase just like they always do.

well MDNA still selling in Argentina on iTunes , after almost 27 months , it is at n 37 , it means something , I relly still thinking that she can tour here in Argentina and crow 2 shows in Buenos Aires

Of course! She's huge in Argentina, but i don't think charging 4,000 a ticket in a stadium that holds 65,000 would work right now, the exchange rates are very different compared to 2012...hope i'm wrong though!

Apparently Live Nation is already in talks with Australian organizers to get Madonna perform there in 2015

http://www.ultramadonna.com/en/news/291/madonna_in_australia_in_2015#ixzz35qcyitDX

I won't even believe it until she's on stage for the first show. Even if tickets go on sale there, I am not holding my breath. She has canceled too many times.

But here's to hoping!

:s377:

I think she was up for Australia with MDNA. But Livenation kept adding dates to South America? She should have to Oz with Confessions though a real missed opportunity there.

She'll need to play plenty of hits in Australia, at least half the set. They won't want to stand there and listen to a lot of her new stuff.
I expect they will be paying top dollar so they will expect to hear Ray Of Light, Frozen, Music, Hung Up. They will want them in their original form not some awful rock version. I don't think they will be happy with lip synching either. Britney got a lot of bad publicity so backing tracks and lipping need to be kept to a minimum. The last thing she needs if she does decide to finally re visit Australia is a lot of bad press.

She'll need to play plenty of hits in Australia, at least half the set. They won't want to stand there and listen to a lot of her new stuff.

I expect they will be paying top dollar so they will expect to hear Ray Of Light, Frozen, Music, Hung Up. They will want them in their original form not some awful rock version. I don't think they will be happy with lip synching either. Britney got a lot of bad publicity so backing tracks and lipping need to be kept to a minimum. The last thing she needs if she does decide to finally re visit Australia is lot of bad press.

While I definitely agree that it would be great for Madonna to more of a GH hits tour for the first time because she hasn't been to Australia in so long, I doubt she'll change the setlist that much for just 6-8 shows. Based off previous tours, the only changes she's made at all have been spare acoustic performances like Love Spent in the United States or one-offs like the 30th anniversary of Everybody. Even if she did want to change the setlist for this leg, it's incredibly difficult because Madonna probably has the most complicated staging of any artist - complex choreography, background videos, and lighting - that are perfectly synced and timed with computers to create the smoothest, most cohesive experience possible, making it virtually impossible to change it while the tour is underway.

While I definitely agree that it would be great for Madonna to more of a GH hits tour for the first time because she hasn't been to Australia in so long, I doubt she'll change the setlist that much for just 6-8 shows. Based off previous tours, the only changes she's made at all have been spare acoustic performances like Love Spent in the United States or one-offs like the 30th anniversary of Everybody. Even if she did want to change the setlist for this leg, it's incredibly difficult because Madonna probably has the most complicated staging of any artist - complex choreography, background videos, and lighting - that are perfectly synced and timed with computers to create the smoothest, most cohesive experience possible, making it virtually impossible to change it while the tour is underway.

She doesn't need to change her the setlist she just needs to include all her big hits that the Australians haven't heard in their original format then she will be fine.

Maybe next time she will do something like the S&S 2.0 setlist, it had many new songs but also several big hits...

I agree... Sticky and Sweet has the best mix of old and new hits...

I think she was up for Australia with MDNA. But Livenation kept adding dates to South America? She should have to Oz with Confessions though a real missed opportunity there.

yeah, i think she intended to play Australia with MDNA but it just got so long and the 2nd leg didn't work out... A January-April timeframe in Australia and Asia is perfect, not much weather disturbances... then she can do her normal rout of US, Europe and Latin America on June-December... that should give her ample rest before taking on her normal tour route...

Do you think Madonna and Live Nation have started preparing for a tour already? If they're planning on beginning in early 2015 (hopefully in Asia/Australia), I'd imagine they'd need to start at least six months before the kickoff date.

Do you think Madonna and Live Nation have started preparing for a tour already? If they're planning on beginning in early 2015 (hopefully in Asia/Australia), I'd imagine they'd need to start at least six months before the kickoff date.

They started rehearsals for the MDNA tour March right? and they started end of May... 3 full months of rehearsals before it got going...

The MDNA Tour was first announced on February 6th, 2012 (the week following the Super Bowl), and the first date of the tour was May 29th, 2012.

http://www.madonna.com/news/title/2012-world-tour-official-press-release

It would be interesting to have genesis timelines for each tour with announcement dates, press releases, info found in interviews, etc, like the album timelines.

do you think she will struggle to sell as much as she used to? i mean lot of artists are around with massive tours: Bey+JayZ ( plus B huge solo tour that just ended), Katy Perry, Miley, One Direction...isn't the market a bit over saturated? it sure costs a lot of money to go for a concert...obviously the core fan base will still be there but what the GP will do?

do you think she will struggle to sell as much as she used to? i mean lot of artists are around with massive tours: Bey+JayZ ( plus B huge solo tour that just ended), Katy Perry, Miley, One Direction...isn't the market a bit over saturated? it sure costs a lot of money to go for a concert...obviously the core fan base will still be there but what the GP will do?

I think the teen/early 20s market is definitely over saturated, but Madonna has always attracted a very broad audience. She'll get a lot of 30-50 year olds in the GP with deep pockets who will come because they grew up with her. There isn't that much overlap with the Miley/1D audience.

Also, many have argued that M is definitely over saturated in Europe - she's had three huge stadium tours over the past 8 years since Live Nation tried to capitalize on any casual fan who hadn't seen her yet there. However, she could easily make up for the shortfall there with a tour of Asia and Australia where (with the exception of Japan) she hasn't been in 20 years. She's actually never been anywhere in Asia besides Japan, so there are huge uncapitalized audiences waiting in places like Hong Kong and Singapore. The Asia/Australia leg alone could definitely make north of $100 million.

agree... here in the Philippines, One Direction's VIP tickets that cost something around $500 easily sold out... MADONNA's camp have really underestimated Asia (excl Japan) a lot...

I think (over)saturation won't be the only factor of how well her tickets will sell, it depends on the success of her album too. If the album is a great success and sells well, she won't have too many problems filling the European stadiums once again I think. However, if it turns out to be a MDNA-level success, she will definitely need to cut down the European dates IMO.

Wasn't Latin America kind of a fiasco last time? Power outages, skipping parts of the show, horrible attitude etc.. Many were very pissed off. Especially in Chile. Thunder sound and then all of a sudden Express Yourself. :lmao:

Sadly, this is true.

Besides cutting off the entire first section of the show and Like a Virgin/Love Spent, she kept us waiting for 4+ hours in the rain. December is usually one of the hottest months over here, so it was very unexpected and everybody was underdressed and fucking freezing their asses off. I'm sure her fans understood and would go to see her anyway if she came back, but the general public... Good luck with that. Highly unlikely she tours Chile ever again.

It would be interesting to have genesis timelines for each tour with announcement dates, press releases, info found in interviews, etc, like the album timelines.

I have those. :queenbitch:

The rumors of the MDNA Tour touching down in Australia started in June 2011. More solidified rumors (dates in Europe that were semi-accurate or approximate) started showing up in October 2011.

Madonnarama confirmed in November 2011 the correct booked date for Paris (July 14, 2012). I'd wager the tour itinerary is 90% developed 8 months before the tour's start date.

I have those. :queenbitch:

The rumors of the MDNA Tour touching down in Australia started in June 2011. More solidified rumors (dates in Europe that were semi-accurate or approximate) started showing up in October 2011.

Madonnarama confirmed in November 2011 the correct booked date for Paris (July 14, 2012). I'd wager the tour itinerary is 90% developed 8 months before the tour's start date.

Thanks Nightshade!

Based off the MDNA Tour, if they were to start planning the tour tomorrow then the earliest they could start would be February-March. So if they really planning an tour starting in early 2014 (potentially in Asia/Australia), then it's not too early to think that they may already developed an itinerary already!

I think (over)saturation won't be the only factor of how well her tickets will sell, it depends on the success of her album too. If the album is a great success and sells well, she won't have too many problems filling the European stadiums once again I think. However, if it turns out to be a MDNA-level success, she will definitely need to cut down the European dates IMO.

I actually don't agree. Madonna, being who she is doesn't need new material to fill stadiums to the max. She can easily tour every year.

yeah the dates are booked VERY early. The Birmingham date was spot on and leaked a long time before the tix went on sale. People thought I was joking at the time. The announcement was really late for it. This also happened with the Manchester RIT dates everybody booked for London (including me) but it was already reported months before the correct dates booked at the arena.

Many are wrong though, fans making shit up so you cant be sure.