Why so much hate directed at M ?

Roland Barthes

Can somebody like Mattress (that knows everything) give me some insight on

http://www.yousignanimals.org/Madonna-dumps-her-three-Chihuahuas-to-unsuitable-shelter-refuses-to-cover-vet-bills-later-t-1764

And what happened with Evita and Chiquita ???

My friend is a huge animal lover and loves M and came across this article and wanted to know the true dirt on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I hesitated to start this topic but that's something that's bugging me for a few days now and there's nowhere else i can talk about it.

On my FB and Twitter people are so mean and vicious like she's some kind of bimbo or lesser pop singer. It's coming to the point where i don't even want to post anything about her because i get into arguments with people in the comments and i end up removing them or hating them for real even though it's jsut the internet (and i feel so silly for it afterwards).

It's like a sport. I don't know what's their problem. It's always the usual ageist shit but it's also the even older "She has not released a decent album in years" without even having listening to Rebel Heart. I don't know where the hate comes from since it was not like this a few years ago. I feel like i'm back in 1993. Did Hard Candy and the mediocre MDNA killed her vibe ? Is it because of Instagram ? David & Mercy's adoptions ? Because she's 56 and unapologetic ? Dating who she wants to date, dressing the way she wants to dress....in a word because she's totaly free ?

It's like she's not kitsch enough to be admired as a nostalgia thing (Spice girls, Kylie) and too famous and popular to be regarded as edgy. She's attacked by right wingers as much as she is by leftists, like she's the one thing they seem to agree on. She's vocal about what she thinks contrary to the other popstars, she has opinions and she makes them known.

She's 56, she's clever, if she wanted public's approval she knows exactly what to do : ray of light 2, shut up, dress up and apologize for past behaviours. That's what they all seem to want her to do or be. I hate Ray of light for this, because she cut off a huge part of who she is : sexual and controversial. It might sounds snobbish but i hated how suddenly people liked her.

When i see all the hatred directed at her i think about what an ex who is a professional swimmer told me once : You never attack people who are at the bottom, there's no point in it and it's cruel, you only go after people at the top, leaders because it's a competition and there's only one medal that matters. For commoners it means putting down someone who achieved so much and keeps on doing her thing, on her own terms is an insult. Her hard work and ethic is repulsive to people who do not value that. Madonna should make people feel good about themself by showing them it's possible to achieve dreams and goals, to fight time, to live your life to the fullest....instead it looks like it only reminds them they don't go after their dreams. She also never got into a real scandal (except for David & Mercy which was all set up by the media), she never went to rehab, had a disease, really hit rock bottom like every star do at one time, she's not alcoholic or a drug addict and it's something people want stars to be so they can put them down,mock them and in a way make them pay for putting them on a pedestal. People love losers because they don't feel threatened by them. Madonna seems superhuman.

So as much as it pains and enrages me to read all these mean things about her, diminishing her work, i take it as proof she's at the top and pushing buttons. She's being Madonna.

Your boyfriend's quote is beyond moronic. Obviously people seethe with envy when it comes to Madonna and they truly do hate her, but not everyone that criticizes someone at the top does so because they are at the top. I do it because they are fucking scumbags, like Satanyahu. Why are you so afraid of criticism¡ Let people criticise if they want.

And the thought that anyone that criticises another is because of envy or because they are a failure is pathetic, that is always the mediocre person's response to criticism. Dismiss the criticism as envious just so you can ignore the fact that you are a fuck up or that you are wrong, or that what you do is bad. Of course Madonna is a separate case, she does get on people's nerves, but she may do so for many reasons, it's not just because of envy.

And the thought that anyone that criticises another is because of envy or because they are a failure is pathetic, that is always the mediocre person's response to criticism. Dismiss the criticism as envious just so you can ignore the fact that you are a fuck up or that you are wrong, or that what you do is bad. Of course Madonna is a separate case, she does get on people's nerves, but she may do so for many reasons, it's not just because of envy.

Welcome to Madonnanation. You're absolutely right, people are responsible for the way they present themself. When you chose to introduce youself by calling people names and expose your thoughts in an agressive way people have the right to make their own conclusions. It's not just a question of perception only but you're responsible for what you put out in the universe and must accept to be judge accordingly for it since you decided first end to present yourself this way.

Welcome to Madonnanation. You're absolutely right, people are responsible for the way they present themself. When you chose to introduce youself by calling people names and expose your thoughts in an agressive way people have the right to make their own conclusions. It's not just a question of perception only but you're responsible for what you put out in the universe and must accept to be judge accordingly for it since you decided first end to present yourself this way.

And that has what to do with what I said?

ALL of your posts are garbage you miserable loser. *FLUSH*

ALL of your posts are garbage you miserable loser. *FLUSH*

GIRL BYE!!! It's quite sad when people sign up to forums just to argue, lol!

Ladies, I encountered Blohwan a few months back. They made a very rude comment about M and I reblogged. This person's o so eloquent response?

Shut the fuck up bitch.

They are from Panama. Here is the asshole's page.

http://blowhan.tumblr.com

I have a cap where it made that remark but I am not sure how to use the script to load images here.

Have people noticed the anti-Madonan brigade that have joined whilst pretending to be Madonna fans ? It is so transparent but they think we are idiots. They are now in so many threads on the forum but they won't last long. Hector's all seeing eye will protect us :laugh:

Have people noticed the anti-Madonan brigade that have joined whilst pretending to be Madonna fans ? It is so transparent but they think we are idiots. They are now in so many threads on the forum but they won't last long. Hector's all seeing eye will protect us :laugh:

Yes!!! Thank god.

I've noticed a real uptick in attitude from quite a few folks (not even 'newbies'). Very odd...

It's getting so weird here and people are picking fights and attacking each other over absolutely NOTHING ! And some people can't even take a joke . Everything becomes so

personal and sometimes it's not even about Madonna. It's about MEMEMEMEME .

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the following comment posted by 'Froya25' on the article about Radio 1 and ageism in the Sydney Morning Herald. It makes some great points.

Madonna is now operating in a world of non-existent attention spans, knee jerk online reactions, and a culture that takes everything literally and fails to recognize irony. In the past, she could be be outrageous or controversial and it was delivered in a way that people needed to grasp the context. Today, she's at the mercy of instant headlines and soundbites passed along on social media and gossip sites that result in a sort of "instant judgement". This is why so many celebrities in 2015 are tame and fear challenging the public's sensibilities. On the one hand, I admire Madonna for continuing to do what she wants to do and not succumbing to society's expectations. On the other hand, I fear that her current message is falling on deaf ears. Maybe in 20 years, when it's more acceptable for women to be so sexual in their 50's, we'll look back and recognize her as a trailblazer (as we do today for things she did in the 80's and 90's). My only concern is that "the lady doth protest too much" and it can burn people out. A better route might be to ride on her legendary status and be "above it all" and create a healthy distance with today's pop world, rather than throwing herself into the lions den of today's 20 year olds and taking part in social media, plastic surgery, trendy producers, etc. I'm more of a fan of her more subdued eras (Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, etc.), but I also know that Madonna will simply do what she wants, and will probably be fine (despite her detractors Rebel Heart is the number 1 worldwide selling album, and her tour is selling out).

so basically, it's all about how she appears to the media and the public

you don't get that she doesn't care. and the media doesn't get it either. they still don't get madonna after 32 years of being in the business. they don't get her sense of humour. and thats the problem

Madonna cares. It bothers her, she said it on Howard Stern I believe. It's why she made "Bedtime Stories", it's why she did the Re-Invention Tour and "Confessions on a Dance Floor", it's why she hasn't made a movie since "Swept Away".

And what's even more sad is she said her achievements give her no satisfaction. But at the same time I think it's what's given her a reason to stay fresh rather than have that nostalgic act mentality or act accomplished to the point where she feels she's nothing left to do or prove. Although I do think she's been more nostalgic these past few years. Still.

Someone said earlier she's hated because she's still relevant and believe that. She's still put up against the last big pop star (whoever) and is made to compete with them. You don't see people expecting whatever 80's artist to sell as much as the big pop star today. Madonna still has those expectations and it's a good thing and a bad thing IMO.

It's annoying that people can't just accept she'll never go away and should be as respected as McCartney and MJ and Prince.

But then again I thought U2 was respected until everyone cried about getting their album for free on their phones. I deleted mine as well though.

Saw the following comment posted by 'Froya25' on the article about Radio 1 and ageism in the Sydney Morning Herald. It makes some great points.

Madonna is now operating in a world of non-existent attention spans, knee jerk online reactions, and a culture that takes everything literally and fails to recognize irony. In the past, she could be be outrageous or controversial and it was delivered in a way that people needed to grasp the context. Today, she's at the mercy of instant headlines and soundbites passed along on social media and gossip sites that result in a sort of "instant judgement". This is why so many celebrities in 2015 are tame and fear challenging the public's sensibilities. On the one hand, I admire Madonna for continuing to do what she wants to do and not succumbing to society's expectations. On the other hand, I fear that her current message is falling on deaf ears. Maybe in 20 years, when it's more acceptable for women to be so sexual in their 50's, we'll look back and recognize her as a trailblazer (as we do today for things she did in the 80's and 90's). My only concern is that "the lady doth protest too much" and it can burn people out. A better route might be to ride on her legendary status and be "above it all" and create a healthy distance with today's pop world, rather than throwing herself into the lions den of today's 20 year olds and taking part in social media, plastic surgery, trendy producers, etc. I'm more of a fan of her more subdued eras (Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, etc.), but I also know that Madonna will simply do what she wants, and will probably be fine (despite her detractors Rebel Heart is the number 1 worldwide selling album, and her tour is selling out).

Spot on.

I miss when famous people would say what was on their mind. It wasn't to be jerks. it was because that was how they felt. It is the sincerity. This is why I admire my Madonna. She doesn't wear her heart on her sleeve BUT when she says something, she means it. This is why I find today's brand of pop stars so boring.

Guest eroticerotic

how does gaga having a good voice somehow make madonna seem bad?

i think a lot of people are hard wired to think if 1 equals 2 then it must be x. and if you challenge that, it's a threat. the noise spews back at you. like religion.

its just going to be really hard to undo that kind of hardwired thinking from society no matter how ridiculous/destructive!

I stumbled upon this shitty article in my facebook feed today ("Not since the 1990s has a Madonna album performed so poorly, and the sales numbers are getting worse by the week") and I dreaded checking the comment section, but I still have cause thats what I do, and I was surprised to see the positive comments that have so many upvotes...it's nice knowing at least some of her fans still have her back..

https://www.facebook.com/coslive/posts/10153105428036648

Consequence of sound is at it and Death & taxes too (using the COS article). COS is pro Gaga. That's why i removed them from thumbnails of music blogs i visit. They praise her to stupid heights.

These articles make my blood boil. I don't know how to react, i don't want to feel the i feel when i read them. On FB under the article a fat bold guy commented "She should tour homes across the country" to which i instantly snapped "You should tour fat camps". And i don't want to be this person who says that.

Let's face it people are out to get her and destroy her. What can we do about it except wait for the tide to change ? It's no use arguing with thse people on the net, it's bad energy, draining and it won't change a thing anyway. They'll probably hate her even more. You can only argue with people whouse valid arguments and are not just hysterical in their hate.

Madonna did a good album and that's all that matters in the end. The laws of karma will strike 3 times back these people, they just don't know it. That's how energy in the universe works. You receive what you give 3 times back.

Just leave them in their crass ignorance. The day M will die, everybody will be like when Michael Jackson died and praise her to heaven.

Just leave them in their crass ignorance. The day M will die, everybody will be like when Michael Jackson died and praise her to heaven.

They can keep their fucking praise and respect if that is what they are waiting for. They can take it to their own graves. May she live a long and healthy life.