AUSDONNA!!!! Aussie Madonna Fan Thread (Reborn)

Carta

I think the best way to convince Madonna is to let Celine explain to her why. Starting at 4:09

She's so convincing that she made me want to visit Australia, only to remember that that doesn't make sense because I already live here. Australia could become Madonna's Canada away from home too if she came.

^^ Iove celine but i never thought Canada and Australia being similar in any way shape or form. i think she was just kissing the intervier`s arse.

don't get me wrong, i love Australia. i visited in January of 2005. its a beautiful place.

Spotlight, a lot of people consider Australian and Canada to be very similar in vibe and attitude though completely different weather. I have 2 wonderful friends/workmates who went to Canada to marry a few years ago ( gay marriage not allowed here ) They promised me they would bring me back a hunky lumberjack in their luggage but did not do so. :mellow: Anyway, they said that Canadians are the most welcoming and loveliest people around and they have been everywhere. Said they are much nicer than Australians. :lol:

Australians were nothing but friendly to me and my boyfriend at the time. i still keep in contact with a few friends i made while i was there. i miss your beautiful country so much.

I think Australians can be incredibly daggy - which is endearing, don't get me wrong, but I just cringe at some of the scenarios that may come her way in interacting with the Australian media. Like imagine (she never would but...) if she sat at The Project desk and they chatted to her there...those hosts are a bunch of dip shits and I shudder to think the idiotic things they would say/do. M has done a few interviews etc that are silly/random, but she always seems a bit uncomfortable.

And you have to also consider that it's going to be a big fucking deal if she comes - if she isn't totally open to the experience of people losing their shit and being a bit mental about it all she will come off as the bitch some want her to be.

And Molly is a unique situation - they're friends.

It's been sooooo long....and it makes me nervous. Distance can't be the only reason she never came back. I think she mustn't be too fond of this lovely country.

Never mind me - I'm totally over thinking the whole thing. It's hard to imagine she will ever be here again :)

San, don't worry about over-thinking it all. For years, I was convinced it was because of ghastly Rupert Murdoch being Australian and how his papers and mags always trash Madonna continually. However, don't really think she would let that evil twit influence her that much. Re the Project, I see what you mean but now that Charlie Pickering has left, I think she would be welcomed so much from the panel. I always agreed with Charlie's political views but he was always being a prick about her age and carrying on. Carrie, Kitty and Meshell Laurie are all Madonna fans. Peter Hellier seems to like her and they are always playing her music non-stop. Rove has gone thank goodness. I think she would handle them easily. Just keep her away from Kochie on Sunrise. He is so sexist and agreed with Elton John - the silly fool.

I love Australia. I know im an Aussie so im biased but we really do live in the most beautiful country. I went to Europe last year for the first time and to say I was underwhelmed is an understatement. I came back to Australia with so much more of an appreciation for what we have here. I remember I drove through coogee on my way to work when I got back thinking "fuck, ive never realised how beautiful this place is". And I don't get Madonna not coming back, Christopher ciccone started to chat to me a while back on facebook and I thought I was going to get the inside story as to why Madonna wont come back considering her was with her when the Girlie Show was here. He wouldn't tell me

I think Australians can be incredibly daggy - which is endearing, don't get me wrong, but I just cringe at some of the scenarios that may come her way in interacting with the Australian media. Like imagine (she never would but...) if she sat at The Project desk and they chatted to her there...those hosts are a bunch of dip shits and I shudder to think the idiotic things they would say/do. M has done a few interviews etc that are silly/random, but she always seems a bit uncomfortable.

And you have to also consider that it's going to be a big fucking deal if she comes - if she isn't totally open to the experience of people losing their shit and being a bit mental about it all she will come off as the bitch some want her to be.

And Molly is a unique situation - they're friends. It's been sooooo long....and it makes me nervous. Distance can't be the only reason she never came back. I think she mustn't be too fond of this lovely country. Never mind me - I'm totally over thinking the whole thing. It's hard to imagine she will ever be here again :)

I see, interesting

Though I think she has no personal interest not to come to Australia and she is used to people fawning all over her :lol:

I do believe that touring wise if they sort out the logistics/business aspects she'll definitely come

By the way I've always loved her interaction/chemistry with Molly Meldrum :inlove:

I love Australia. I know im an Aussie so im biased but we really do live in the most beautiful country. I went to Europe last year for the first time and to say I was underwhelmed is an understatement. I came back to Australia with so much more of an appreciation for what we have here. I remember I drove through coogee on my way to work when I got back thinking "fuck, ive never realised how beautiful this place is". And I don't get Madonna not coming back, Christopher ciccone started to chat to me a while back on facebook and I thought I was going to get the inside story as to why Madonna wont come back considering her was with her when the Girlie Show was here. He wouldn't tell me

:rotfl:

No need to express your love for your country while putting down an entire continent, all places have something unique and beautiful to offer and are worthy in their own right :thumbsup:Also, you're looking for a fishy story an inside story from the sibling who wrote a clichè book about Madonna's bitchiness because it made him $2m, never mind all the money he had already made THANKS TO her connection and out of her kindness? You really chat people up on FB because they're related to Madonna? :semifunny:

I would LOVE if she reunited with Molly for an interview. Especially since he almost died, it would be really special. I hope they do it! In fact, I shall attempt a Twitter campaign :lol:

Europe is fucking amazing and can't be compared to Australia in any way....literally worlds apart. Everyone knows I would move to Italy in a heartbeat...I start language lessons next week :lol:

"The thing is I want to be a person of my word. I will just say that I would like to come to Australia. For me it's always a question of "how can I travel around the world, get the biggest bang for my buck, go around the world as much as I can and squeeze it all into a summer vacation for my children?", now if we could only bring Australia closer to North America .... My kids would love it in Australia"

09:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knou2KpQWiI

:inlove:

And I loved this Australian interviewer from 2003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8caa7UWPBY

Europe is fucking amazing and can't be compared to Australia in any way....literally worlds apart. Everyone knows I would move to Italy in a heartbeat...I start language lessons next week :lol:

:lol:

I have never been to Australia but seeing pictures and footage and hearing friends who've been there talk about it, Australia seems like a wonderful place and they told me the job market is completely different from the European mold. I love the scenery and landscape and wildlife. That alone would entice anyone to visit. I'm curious as to how many accents you have in Australia. Is it like the US, Canada and the UK where you can have several inflections?

Best of luck for the start of your Italian learning next week :D:thumbsup:

Of course she is coming and she will kick aussie butt....so many media who have bashed for years will be tripping over themselves. But it better that she only talks to Molly, the rest will be a giant cringe

what year did Australia get the Madonna Madonna album (the first album)??

i v never seen this

thx for posting <3

I thought you originally asked what year was the Molly interview :laugh:

It looks like you have edited your post

:lol:

I have never been to Australia but seeing pictures and footage and hearing friends who've been there talk about it, Australia seems like a wonderful place and they told me the job market is completely different from the European mold. I love the scenery and landscape and wildlife. That alone would entice anyone to visit. I'm curious as to how many accents you have in Australia. Is it like the US, Canada and the UK where you can have several inflections?

Best of luck for the start of your Italian learning next week :D:thumbsup:

Thanks XXL...could be a disaster :lol:

I'm an ex-Queensland now exiled (!!) in Tasmania.

I saw her in Sydney during the Girlie Show (I am somewhere in the crowd in the footage of 'Girlie Show Down Under'!) and then again in Boston for 'The Drowned World Tour'. So, they are my only two live experiences of Madonna. From (dim) memory, they were both pretty good!

I am presently reading Molly Meldrum's biog, and Madonna is mentioned quite a bit. Yeah, it would be nice if they could do an interview together soon, especially since Molly's recovery from his accident.

My first sighting of Madonna was on 'Countdown' back in 1983 and my musical world has never been the same since!

I'm an ex-Queensland now exiled (!!) in Tasmania.

I saw her in Sydney during the Girlie Show (I am somewhere in the crowd in the footage of 'Girlie Show Down Under'!) and then again in Boston for 'The Drowned World Tour'. So, they are my only two live experiences of Madonna. From (dim) memory, they were both pretty good!

I am presently reading Molly Meldrum's biog, and Madonna is mentioned quite a bit. Yeah, it would be nice if they could do an interview together soon, especially since Molly's recovery from his accident.

My first sighting of Madonna was on 'Countdown' back in 1983 and my musical world has never been the same since!

:laugh: Ahh, love Tasmania. My mother was Tasmanian and it is the most beautiful state in Australia.

Isn't it wonderful to hear Living for Love on the radio. Heard it several times today and it sounded fantastic.

:laugh: Ahh, love Tasmania. My mother was Tasmanian and it is the most beautiful state in Australia.

Isn't it wonderful to hear Living for Love on the radio. Heard it several times today and it sounded fantastic.

What station are you listing to? I keep trying to hear it on NOVA Sydney but I never seem to be listening at the right time.

I loooove Tasmania. I went there in November for a wedding and fell in love with it. If I could get work there, I would definitely move there. really beautiful place I think its one of my favourite places ive ever visited in the whole world

XXL,

Just to clarify. I wasn't putting Europe down. most people love it there. I didn't. there were some things I enjoyed but in general I much prefer it here. Its all taste at the end of the day you could come here and hate it.

And just so you know, Christopher ciccone contacted me on facebook. not the other way around so stop being bitchy for christsake. I mentioned something on there about the Girlie Show and he messaged me. we chatted about the show I went to, How much I loved it. Hes actually quite a nice guy, and I don't blame him for writing the book. its all very well for you to judge him being a Madonna fan but it would not be easy being Madonna's brother or sister for that matter.

What station are you listing to? I keep trying to hear it on NOVA Sydney but I never seem to be listening at the right time.

I listen to nova in melbourne, not very often only when im in my car driving somewhere, and they play it all the time. I hear it at least once a day in the 15 minutes of driving. Which is strange because I dont think australian radio have even played any madonna song since 2005.

I listen to nova in melbourne, not very often only when im in my car driving somewhere, and they play it all the time. I hear it at least once a day in the 15 minutes of driving. Which is strange because I dont think australian radio have even played any madonna song since 2005.

"4 Minutes" was a huge airplay hit in Australia in 2008. "Hung Up" was still everywhere in early 2006 and "Sorry" also did very well. "Give It 2 Me" scored some moderate airplay, but nothing of substance. GMAYL was given about a week to prove itself and then radio dropped it very quickly. I heard "Girl Gone Wild" a few times on 97.3 (Brisbane's #1 radio station). I don't know if they're playing LFL yet, though (I've only heard it on the radio in Italy and I don't listen to Nova - Matt, are they playing it in Brisbane?).