Madonna Instagram thread continued: the queen continues to defy social media rules

Apples388

Wendy spoke about it

she said nobody cares about her anymore and what she did was insensitive not racist

asked her audience if they would buy her new album and they all said NO

It's because her audience share the same 3 brain cells.

I have noticed a trend this era where haters are creating a (fictional imo) history and persona of the "long-time fan" who loved her for years and years but just had to turn in their fan card during (insert either Hard Candy, MDNA, or instagram behavior). Some go so far as to say how she shaped their lives earlier but now they are "so embarrassed" by her. I for one don't believe a single one of them was ever a fan at all. I think they feel that saying they "used to be" lends some sort of weird credence to their hatred.

If you ever truly LOVED her, you would certainly never HATE her now. Maybe lose interest or move on, but then you wouldn't be creating some fucking post about your hatred lmfao.

I have noticed a trend this era where haters are creating a (fictional imo) history and persona of the "long-time fan" who loved her for years and years but just had to turn in their fan card during (insert either Hard Candy, MDNA, or instagram behavior). Some go so far as to say how she shaped their lives earlier but now they are "so embarrassed" by her. I for one don't believe a single one of them was ever a fan at all. I think they feel that saying they "used to be" lends some sort of weird credence to their hatred.

If you ever truly LOVED her, you would certainly never HATE her now. Maybe lose interest or move on, but then you wouldn't be creating some fucking post about your hatred lmfao.

Yes! Totally. So much of the horrid comments I've read on sites about this flap began with "I've always loved her, but..."

Bullshit.

It'd be far, far different if there was anything REMOTELY racist or controversial about her instagram posts. Anyone claiming to be a fan for so long could see this bullshit from space and call it for what it is.

During the MDNA era I was so angry everytime someone said or wrote shit about Madonna and I spent hours answering them. Today I couldn't care less. I know she'll always survive, she'll outlast them all and remain a legend. Plus, the new music makes me feel so complete :blush:

Go on Madge! :madonna2:

During the MDNA era I was so angry everytime someone said or wrote shit about Madonna and I spent hours answering them. Today I couldn't care less. I know she'll always survive, she'll outlast them all and remain a legend. Plus, the new music makes me feel so complete :blush:

Go on Madge! :madonna2:

Indeed. You are so right on all counts. I wasted too much time the other day arguing with these idiots. Luckily, with the flu, there wasn't much else to do.

I did kick all their asses though. Hard. :)

Wendy spoke about it

she said nobody cares about her anymore and what she did was insensitive not racist

asked her audience if they would buy her new album and they all said NO

Wendy is always flip flopping her views. She loves Madonna on one show, then says nobody cares about her on the next show. Does this with so many celebrities ( Kenya Moore for example ) Wendy just seems to go with the flow of what others are saying up to a certain extent.

Yes, that makes sense. If people loved Madonna from the word go, they would have much more understanding of her. Of course, she is going to lose fans over the years and some will not care anymore, but the fact they keep attacking her with the same words as her harshest critics is very fishy. Generally if you loved someone as a child/young person, you don't turn on them with such venom. You would just move on if you have lost interest.

I don't even think this is a real controversy. After all we've been through with her...her entire career is a field of lightning rods.

YAWN.

#disn*gga-gate was worse and she survived that brouhaha.

10891964_10153005862864402_3674618995781

"Skiing is believing! Nature never lies.#ghostown"

10552593_10153012845614402_6264994996976

"You can go through life as a tourist or a spy! The tourist looks for the good and the spy only sees whats wrong! #ghostown"

10922562_10153012849374402_8700275158037

"On the Glacier 10 thousand feet up! What matters shifts into focus! Sing Alleluia! #devilpray"

It's because her audience share the same 3 brain cells.

They are a herd of cows. Stupid wenches.

Wendy is always flip flopping her views. She loves Madonna on one show, then says nobody cares about her on the next show. Does this with so many celebrities ( Kenya Moore for example ) Wendy just seems to go with the flow of what others are saying up to a certain extent.

I just watched her talking about this and it wasn't that bad, at least for Wendy. She said she thought it was insensitive but that it was in no way racist and how Madonna isn't a racist saying "there's a lot sensitive people out there constantly looking for racism in everyone these days, including me and you" referring to the social justice warriors. Wendy also mentioned about how people weren't really buying albums these days before asking the audience if they would buy the album. Also saying that she loves Madonna but having licorice wrapped around her face and stunts are kind of expected and boring these days.

Though it was kind of funny how when she asked people to clap, her whole crew was clapping and one told her that the songs were really good when Wendy asked what the songs were like.

I just watched her talking about this and it wasn't that bad, at least for Wendy. She said she thought it was insensitive but that it was in no way racist and how Madonna isn't a racist saying "there's a lot sensitive people out there constantly looking for racism in everyone these days, including me and you" referring to the social justice warriors. Wendy also mentioned about how people weren't really buying albums these days before asking the audience if they would buy the album. Also saying that she loves Madonna but having licorice wrapped around her face and stunts are kind of expected and boring these days.

Though it was kind of funny how when she asked people to clap, her whole crew was clapping and one told her that the songs were really good when Wendy asked what the songs were like.

Thanks for this. Not as bad then as what I read in previous posts.

Forgive me Wendy. :lol:

^^^ quite a fair article with the writer claiming indifference to all the stupid BS about M being a racist and suggesting that social media is completely different to releasing shocking music videos

I think this would have been a fair article if the author had defined what constituted success in social media in objective terms. Is it number of followers/likes/etc? Is it level of engagement (for example, percentage of followers that respond to a post)? Perhaps it's when followers (fans) exhibit a deeper level of engagement, say for example by recreating the artist's posted album cover art and sharing that? Without a definition/criteria and stats to back it up, it's pretty subjective.

Yes, Madonna was late getting on board. Partly this was due to a mismatch between the existing social networks and who she is. IG fits very well with M, and its no coincidence that she became more engaged when IG took off. Rather than spread thin across multiple platforms, I think it makes sense to focus on the one or two that are most authentic for her.

Yes she had an IG meltdown over the leaked songs. Lady Gaga has twitter meltdowns all the time. Does that mean LG "doesn't have much idea how social media works"?

Yeah her "social accounts have become a hashtag-strewn, meme-littered jamboree". So have Miley's. Does that mean Miley "doesn't have much idea how social media works"?

Where is his article about how these other pop stars don't get social media? Basically, the only thing the author is really saying is 'M is old' and he's uncomfortable with that, either because it makes him feel old too or because it reminds him that he will one day get old himself. This article is not all that much different from the horribly ageist EW article. Except, this author tries to come across as "fair" by saying he likes the new music.. in one sentence, at the very end. But he's pretty sure no one will care about that part after he's spent the rest of it telling us how hopelessly out-dated and irrelevant (i.e. old) Madonna is.

At the end of day, as someone said already it doesn't really matter what this author had to say. For one thing, M has gained followers on IG, FB and Twitter after this controversy, putting the lie to the nonsense in his article. And even if she didn't, what does it matter. because the new music is not merely "good", it's f*in great. And that's what really counts.

I think this would have been a fair article if the author had defined what constituted success in social media in objective terms. Is it number of followers/likes/etc? Is it level of engagement (for example, percentage of followers that respond to a post)? Perhaps it's when followers (fans) exhibit a deeper level of engagement, say for example by recreating the artist's posted album cover art and sharing that? Without a definition/criteria and stats to back it up, it's pretty subjective.

Yes, Madonna was late getting on board. Partly this was due to a mismatch between the existing social networks and who she is. IG fits very well with M, and its no coincidence that she became more engaged when IG took off. Rather than spread thin across multiple platforms, I think it makes sense to focus on the one or two that are most authentic for her.

Yes she had an IG meltdown over the leaked songs. Lady Gaga has twitter meltdowns all the time. Does that mean LG "doesn't have much idea how social media works"?

Yeah her "social accounts have become a hashtag-strewn, meme-littered jamboree". So have Miley's. Does that mean Miley "doesn't have much idea how social media works"?

Where is his article about how these other pop stars don't get social media? Basically, the only thing the author is really saying is 'M is old' and he's uncomfortable with that, either because it makes him feel old too or because it reminds him that he will one day get old himself. This article is not all that much different from the horribly ageist EW article. Except, this author tries to come across as "fair" by saying he likes the new music.. in one sentence, at the very end. But he's pretty sure no one will care about that part after he's spent the rest of it telling us how hopelessly out-dated and irrelevant (i.e. old) Madonna is.

At the end of day, as someone said already it doesn't really matter what this author had to say. For one thing, M has gained followers on IG, FB and Twitter after this controversy, putting the lie to the nonsense in his article. And even if she didn't, what does it matter. because the new music is not merely "good", it's f*in great. And that's what really counts.

10101_TasiaPreach.gif

Guest Rachelle of London

Wendy didn't call Madonna a racist at all. She said that people were too sensitive and even asked about the new songs.

Gonna watch the after show to see if she downloaded the songs. She did that with MDNA.