Madonna Instagram thread continued: the queen continues to defy social media rules

Apples388

I'm so sick of the cultural appropriation police!

And I'm sick of people talking on behalf of a minority they are not part of! There's a difference between showing support etc and actually speaking on behalf of someone that has a voice.

If you want to speak for someone go speak for fucking animals who have no voice. Jesus fucking fuck.

I agree. Cant stand these people that speak on behalf of a whole ethnic group. Its patronising and downright rude.

Especially when they are not even part of the ethnic group. Like you said very patronising and also extremely arrogant. Telling people that they should be offended and trying to create problems.

so.. I'm wondering now.. can't I go eat pizza, asian or chinese food because they are not part of my culture? how about McDonalds or Cola? Im not american. what about going for a tan during the summer or asian people doing eye surgery? Is Gwen Stefani getting any shit for her harajuku clothing line? Or gaga dressing like a cute asian girl when she goes to Japan? Or westerners getting dreads?

My friends were yelling at me for supporting Madonna and her instagram account....talking about how I would feel if Madonna posted one of my dead family members with the rebel heart strings.

it's entirely different. The people she posted are huge PUBLIC figures who have very little privacy rights. She's not selling t-shirts with MLK or Mandela or Princess Di at her online store--so she's not using them to promote her album. To even compare is ridiculous. It's her instagram and she can do whatever she fucking wants with it.

Ugh it makes me so mad they thought I was insane for believing what I do! Pulling up pics of Dali she posted and calling it "fucking stupid." I don't want ANY of my friends ever posting a picture of a public figure that they like since they will be promoting themselves through them.

Such BULLSHIT.

Guest Rachelle of London

Especially when they are not even part of the ethnic group. Like you said very patronising and also extremely arrogant. Telling people that they should be offended and trying to create problems.

Meanwhile Madonna is probably the most loved female POPstar in those communities :lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

My friends were yelling at me for supporting Madonna and her instagram account....talking about how I would feel if Madonna posted one of my dead family members with the rebel heart strings.

it's entirely different. The people she posted are huge PUBLIC figures who have very little privacy rights. She's not selling t-shirts with MLK or Mandela or Princess Di at her online store--so she's not using them to promote her album. To even compare is ridiculous. It's her instagram and she can do whatever she fucking wants with it.

Ugh it makes me so mad they thought I was insane for believing what I do!

she posted her own mother for blimming heck!!!!!

These people have a very specific agenda. They are all acting like she posted the pics with this caption: "There it is this dead person I don't even know nor care with plastic wires like my album cover. Isn't it that cool?"

These people chose to turn their heads for the true reason behind all these pics. I bet most of them didn't even read the comments about these icons being rebel hearts.

I think they have reached this point in our 'evolution'.

idiocracy.jpg

Ugh it makes me so mad they thought I was insane for believing what I do! Pulling up pics of Dali she posted and calling it "fucking stupid." I don't want ANY of my friends ever posting a picture of a public figure that they like since they will be promoting themselves through them.

Such BULLSHIT.

The part that really irks me is that she is praising them and talking about how much she admires them. As you have mentioned, they are huge public figures and they deserve to be talked about and remembered. By Madonna posting their picture and admiring them, it should not be twisted into something that is not there. If the people offended by Madonna spent as much time and passion fighting against true racism, injustice and cruelty in the world, then maybe the world would be a better place.

someone replied to her saying "@WendyWilliams & what you said about racism today and that @Madonna should "just not do it" is so politically incorrect. I regret tuning in" so i guess she went with what the media said. ugh.

Guest Rachelle of London

It's just so telling how all of this started because there were black people involved. If she kept white people only no one would care. This is reverse racism or what?

People were kicking up a fuss that she used Princess Diana too.

Its not reverse racism its just certain Madonna haters using race as a bait to fuel their agenda. "Black people" couldnt care less if she posted a pic of MLK or Bob Marley

I know right. But they saying shit about the White people after MLK , Marley pics. Still saying shit in her comments section. Haha my god so many sensitive stupid people out there.

Pink matter, it's sensitive overbearing people of my race who are to blame for twisting those pictures into something racist and insulting. We have moved past the days of slavery although we ar suffering right now, madonna is in no way trying to show them in bondage. She's copying her fucking ALBUM COVER. It's not that serious, it's a picture for gods sake. Please stop overreacting

I like that she seems to be enjoying life much more lately, probably more than she ever managed to, spending more time with family, friends, taking longer vacations and often, she earned it.

But bitch get back to work now, it's time to shoot your video and rehearse for the Grammys.

So guys, since I've complained so much about M's insta today, lemme get it all off my chest lol

Another thing I didn't like is that she posted a a photo of Lady Pizda right after Two steps behind leaked, it did not seem genuine, it actually seemed like she lied to her fans, I wasn't happy with that

Also, when she was accused of racism she immediately posted a pic of Lady Diana with ropes on her face, it seemed a bit forced, look .. I post white people too lol

Other controversies made me feel bad for her, when Rocco had a bottle of alcohol, I didn't think that was wrong at all, I think she's an amazing mother and I felt bad that a silly little photo brought negative press

I do like her bathroom pics though haha, and love pics with her kids and of course I love pics with her when she wears a lot of make up lol, I've always loved her eyes

Before you're rude to me please remember that I'm a massive fan and I'm allowed to an opinion too :-) :-)