Jezebel trying to make some quick cash off Madonna

vocalism

"Social Justice" my ass. How many times have I had this rant at this board?

There is no real justice in these peoples' minds (esp. the "academics"). It's a game of ideological warfare based on stroking one's own ego, masked by "intellectualism" and "academia", and ultimately achieves no real justice or unification, but simply more division. Ultimately, it's a very dangerous and harmful game they're playing...and sadly, well-intentioned and fairly liberal people are so easily manipulated by this. The religious right and the pseudo-intellectual left have far more in common than most realize.

The game of 'everyone being offended by everything' is really quite transparent. Says more about the individual "offended" then anything else... and if one is so constantly "offended" in such a way, you probably deserve to be.

Oh, and FUCK this "Cultural Appropriation" game. Takes the real thing out of context, and again, becomes another game to play - who now can we brand "problematic"?

I've reached my tipping point with this kind of bullshit. I don't give a FUCK if you have a Ph.D. or claim to be an "academic"...you can still be a fucking idiot.

Oh, and FUCK this "Cultural Appropriation" game. Takes the real thing out of context, and again, becomes another game to play - who now can we brand "problematic".

I've reached my tipping point with this kind of bullshit. I don't give a FUCK if you have a Ph.D. or claim to be an "academic"...you can still be a fucking idiot.

:clap::clap:

This makes me super mad. I fucking hate these posers like that pseudo feminist, so asepticized, colourless etc...and she talks about "cultural appropriation" ? She's a walking cliché. I read her Twitter and she's a Taylor Swift fan. Talk about vanilla. She calls herself a feminist when she's borderline ageist in her pretentious article (which is just a sum up of the Jezebel article). She represents everything i hate with her fucking white teeth. She's just from this generation of entitled morons who listen to themself when they speak and are too self aware of everything they say and do. Fake intellectuals.

She should continue to listen to Taylor Swift and praise her faux feminism.

In the context of a society where Taylor Swift is getting rave reviews and mega hits/sales, a witchhunt against Madonna for made-up offenses makes perfect sense. She's the opposite of what everyone wants; or thinks they want.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/madonna-apologizes-for-mlk-jr-nelson-mandela-comparisons-201531

US Weekly chose the worst photo ever! They couldn't use the Billboard Awards or the MDNA Tour premiere? *groan*

The media always do that though. It is a well known trick they use to put someone down. Find the worst photos to go along with the negative article. Also, I went against my own rule and read some of the comments from people. I almost find it comical that people come on and say that they used to be a great fan etc than completely show they never were by using the same hateful comments and completely dismiss her talents.

"Social Justice" my ass. How many times have I had this rant at this board?

There is no real justice in these peoples' minds (esp. the "academics"). It's a game of ideological warfare based on stroking one's own ego, masked by "intellectualism" and "academia", and ultimately achieves no real justice or unification, but simply more division. Ultimately, it's a very dangerous and harmful game they're playing...and sadly, well-intentioned and fairly liberal people are so easily manipulated by this. The religious right and the pseudo-intellectual left have far more in common than most realize.

The game of 'everyone being offended by everything' is really quite transparent. Says more about the individual "offended" then anything else... and if one is so constantly "offended" in such a way, you probably deserve to be.

Oh, and FUCK this "Cultural Appropriation" game. Takes the real thing out of context, and again, becomes another game to play - who now can we brand "problematic"?

Vogue Music, you have always been awake up to these Cultural Appropriation idiots. Love your posts about them.

This makes me super mad. I fucking hate these posers like that pseudo feminist, so asepticized, colourless etc...and she talks about "cultural appropriation" ? She's a walking cliché. I read her Twitter and she's a Taylor Swift fan. Talk about vanilla. She calls herself a feminist when she's borderline ageist in her pretentious article (which is just a sum up of the Jezebel article). She represents everything i hate with her fucking white teeth. She's just from this generation of entitled morons who listen to themself when they speak and are too self aware of everything they say and do. Fake intellectuals.

In the context of a society where Taylor Swift is getting rave reviews and mega hits/sales, a witchhunt against Madonna for made-up offenses makes perfect sense. She's the opposite of what everyone wants; or thinks they want.

So true. This Elizabeth Plank idiot and the people writing similar stuff everywhere online at the moment are so pathetic and preach the opposite of what equal rights are about. The fact that they find Taylor Swift a great role model for women yet dismiss Madonna's achievements shows where their intelligence is. Plus, they talk about rights for women and put Madonna's age down. Way to go ladies, your hypocrisy is dreadful.

So true. This Elizabeth Plank idiot and the people writing similar stuff everywhere online at the moment are so pathetic and preach the opposite of what equal rights are about. The fact that they find Taylor Swift a great role model for women yet dismiss Madonna's achievements shows where their intelligence is. Plus, they talk about rights for women and put Madonna's age down. Way to go ladies, your hypocrisy is dreadful.

And they don't let anybody post comments in her shit smelly article. This cunt should read many of the comments of this thread, so do the rest of ignorants and bigots who fall for those things.

A lot of straight guys have that nerdy girl with glasses fetish. Bitch is just trying (and failing) to get a man.

Bitch be mad at the queen cause she can get any man at the age of 56 and that poop just cun't

whitney-houston-laughs-o.gif

THIS. THIS a million fucking times.

They really have no fucking clue what they're talking about, yet act like they're such experts....while ironically most still being in college in their early 20s (well, at least the Tumblr brigade).

And they are ALWAYS saying something ageist or equally as ignorant while they claim to be 'liberal' or 'academics' or 'feminists'...... like really??? It's so predictable you can see it coming with these folks.

People are too quick to throw Feminism under the bus over some rabid radicals who don't represent women at all. If it was not for Feminism, we would not be able to vote, have equal pay etc. Sometimes I think people forget that. I can't stand over zealous feminists who hate everyone but I do think that the original feminists are not admired enough for what they have achieved for all women. Like everything in life, the horrible and hateful feminists get all of the attention now which is a shame as causes division.

Plus, I don't agree that women oppress women more than men. Just have a look at the Taliban and their attitude towards women for example. Both women and men are ultra critical of women, just as both men and women can be ultra critical of men.

THIS too.

What's so frustrating is that genuine Feminism/Social Justice/etc. is completely lost on these types...and turns away most other people. Important social movements have been co-opted by the zealots and their blind followers... and the real issues, and the real contributions of folks from Liberation movements (Queer, Feminist, Racial, etc.) are so completely lost on them.

And I think it's almost a part of human nature that we eat our own...esp. minorities. The 'system' is designed exactly that way... Pit us against each other. I mean, the way everyone has been gutting gay folks is obvious...but the way gay men go after other gay men is utterly disgusting.

I know. Amazed that people are still going on about it and being so incredibly stupid. It is really PC gone mad when white people are told they have no proper right to admire Nelson Mandela or Martin Luther King. They are both people that I admire greatly and find inspirational. It would be the same as asking men not to respect Malala because she is fighting for the rights of girls to be educated or telling straight people that they should not admire gay rights activists. These Cultural warriors are doing a lot of damage and are just too precious for words.

The PC bullshit has gotten completely out of hand. It's actually scary.

"Stay in your lane"..."I can't and won't ever be happy until everyone else sees me the exact way I want to be seen"... boo, that's an empty and miserable way to live life...and the world is NEVER going to go that way. And thus they use it as a weapon against everyone...even their own. Where's the "justice" in that?

The idea that you can't have anything to do with anything outside of your own culture is utterly ridiculous. Yes, the history of the world has a horrific track record of cultures/people/accomplishments/etc. being deliberately buried and stolen, and unfair stereotypes being perpetuated...but not everyone is out to be your enemy boo. Maybe that would be obvious if most people took the time to actually comprehend CONTEXT and INTENT.

It's not a crime to have a respectful, genuine interest in aspects of other cultures, and learn about them and incorporate that into your work as an artist, or as a person (shit, you'd think rational people would want to actually encourage that!!!!)... but no, if you don't do it the exact way someone behind their academic title, with their mindless followers, thinks you should do it, now you're "problematic". Meanwhile, the REAL rapers of culture are getting away with it, profiting beautifully, and all these "warriors" are missing what's right under their nose.

THIS too.

What's so frustrating is that genuine Feminism/Social Justice/etc. is completely lost on these types...and turns away most other people. Important social movements have been co-opted by the zealots and their blind followers... and the real issues, and the real contributions of folks from Liberation movements (Queer, Feminist, Racial, etc.) are so completely lost on them.

And I think it's almost a part of human nature that we eat our own...esp. minorities. The 'system' is designed exactly that way... Pit us against each other. I mean, the way everyone has been gutting gay folks is obvious...but the way gay men go after other gay men is utterly disgusting.

The PC bullshit has gotten completely out of hand. It's actually scary.

"Stay in your lane"..."I can't and won't ever be happy until everyone else sees me the exact way I want to be seen"... boo, that's an empty and miserable way to live life...and the world is NEVER going to go that way. And thus they use it as a weapon against everyone...even their own. Where's the "justice" in that?

The idea that you can't have anything to do with anything outside of your own culture is utterly ridiculous. Yes, the history of the world has a horrific track record of cultures/people/accomplishments/etc. being deliberately buried and stolen...but not everyone is out to be your enemy. It's not a crime to have a respectful, genuine interest in aspects of other cultures, and learn about them and incorporate that into your work as an artist, as as a person (shit, you'd think rational people would want to actually encourage that!!!!)... but no, if you don't do it the exact way someone behind their academic title, with their mindless followers, thinks you should do it, now you're "problematic". Meanwhile, the REAL rapers of culture are getting away with it, profiting beautifully, and all these "warriors" are missing what's right under their nose.

:clap::clap::clap:

What it really comes down to is victim-hood and victimization. We live in a society that LOVES the concept of the perpetual victim...and the coddling of victim-hood. The "social justice"/"cultural appropriation" shit feeds on that - I am forever the "victim"...so thus I can always have something to brand the rest of you as the "problematic" enemy.

What's also ironic is that a great deal (not all, but a great deal) of these SJW types are white, heterosexual, still-in-college types that really just seem to have this need to want to be a part of some minority movement...so they latch on to something some academic preaches, and think that having a blog on "social justice discourse" is actually going to make them 'somebody'. Ultimately, these types are entitled, intellectually lazy shits that simply don't want to get their hands dirty. Ironically, they're also of the generation that doesn't vote, particularly in mid-term elections...and thus, more and more crazy right-wing fuckwits enter our political system and slowly chip away our democracy...hey, where's the "social justice" rants about that? No, they want to go after pop stars who do an Asian motif...

They think they're protecting everyone's feelings by creating a fairer world...but they're ultimately doing the opposite - creating a generation of victims with absolutely no backbone. No wonder princesses like Taylor Swift are put on a pedestal by these types. They get what they ask for.

What it really comes down to is victim-hood and victimization. We live in a society that LOVES the concept of the perpetual victim...and the coddling of victim-hood. The "social justice"/"cultural appropriation" shit feeds on that - I am forever the "victim"...so thus I can always have something to brand the rest of you as the "problematic" enemy.

What's also ironic is that a great deal (not all, but a great deal) of these SJW types are white, heterosexual, still-in-college types that really just seem to have this need to want to be a part of some minority movement...so they latch on to something some academic preaches, and think that having a blog on "social justice discourse" is actually going to make them 'somebody'. Ultimately, these types are entitled, intellectually lazy shits that simply don't want to get their hands dirty. Ironically, they're also of the generation that doesn't vote, particularly in mid-term elections...and thus, more and more crazy right-wing fuckwits enter our political system and slowly chip away our democracy...hey, where's the "social justice" rants about that? No, they want to go after pop stars who do an Asian motif...

They think they're protecting everyone's feelings by creating a fairer world...but they're ultimately doing the opposite - creating a generation of victims with absolutely no backbone. No wonder princesses like Taylor Swift are put on a pedestal by these types. They get what they ask for.

This post needs to be framed. Beautifully stated.

Years ago, I used to be active on a comicbook forum. They would talk about issues like racism, sexism, objectification of female characters, male writers writing female characters etc.

Then the SJWs started taking over. instead of intellectual discourse, it was about who could twist someone else's words and turn a comment into an example of 'covert' oppression. I would rather live in a world where if I am offended, I have an option of ignoring it. Instead, these shitheads would rather get off circle jerking each other. It's a really sick cycle. Making a mountain out of a molehill.

They put Taylor Swift on a pedestal because she is 'safe'. She is 'powerful' but she is not a 'threat'. As long as these pop girls follow the 'script'/fantasy that fans have, they will be worshipped. True innovators and empire builders are never given the respect that they deserve. It's a shame that Madonna cannot even share fan art because of some mentally ill idiots and their hard on for OPPRESHUN.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/181115/madonna_martin_luther_king_instagram

This was posted in instagram thread but thought it should be posted here too. Finally someone being positive and thinking this "scandal" is stupid.

Yes! More of this, please.

Because people love to be offended by everything, Madonna, I guess, realized she had to explain herself, which makes me a little sad because you're effing MADONNA. Don't explain yourself. But, anyway, she posted this photo of John Lennon with the following caption:

Some chick on Facebook posted something about how Madonna "kidnapped Malawian babies" on HuffPost's most recent re-sharing of their idiotic article. I almost responded. Almost. But I don't engage with racists.

Guest Madomination

Why are you still analyzing those stupid bloggers who nobody knows?

On the contrary, I think they do have a bit of a reputation.... :sleep: