Jezebel trying to make some quick cash off Madonna

vocalism

http://jezebel.com/madonna-seriously-needs-to-check-herself-1677109950

In case you don't want to make them anymore money with clicks:

Madonna has been on her "Unapologetic Bitch" tip as of late, especially since six tracks from her forthcoming album Rebel Heart leaked, and she responded deftly by just releasing them, a pretty smart move. "Unapologetic Bitch" is one of those tracks, and titlewise, a fine summation of her whole career. Unfortunately, historically Madonna's non-apologies are complicated by the fact that she is often racially insensitive and a longtime cultural appropriator, and her latest Instagram photos are no exception.

The cover of Rebel Heart features a close-up of Madonna's face wrapped in a BDSM-alluding tangle of black cord. Since it dropped, she's been regramming fan art of various other icons photoshopped into that image, including Marilyn Monroe, Frida Kahlo, and (heh) Lady Gaga.

That's all well and good, if a bit shady. But today, she Instagrammed images of Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela, and Bob Marley in the cord, not only placing herself as their equal by proxy, but also apparently oblivious to the concept that a white artist who's made various forms of black music throughout her career showing images of civil rights icons tied up in cord is demeaning. Especially when, last January, her own "rebel heart" referred to her son Rocco, by the n-word. Two of her four children, David and Mercy, are black.

While these are not the worst of her racially problematic infractions (see: the n-word), Madonna's constant privileged oblivion have grown increasingly tiresome over the past, oh, 30 years. Commercialization, of course, has always been one of Madonna's strong points, but this misuse of these images to brand her album, and herself, is tone-deaf as hell, especially at this point in American history.

Also, "Unapologetic Bitch," produced by Diplo, sounds like a seven-year-old Santigold track.

And while I'm at it, bell hooks is a fucking idiot. This link is cited as "cultural appropriation" in the article above:

The writer is clearly an angry and bitter social justice warrior who sees everything through the lens of race and white privilege. She is an example of an overly sensitive academic type who looks for anything to brand their easy targets racists or the exploiters of African American culture.

She needs to get the courage to go to Russia or the deep south to get a taste of real, f**ked up racism!!

It's really telling that any comment section about this is filled with the "senile old lady" "send her off to the retirement home" barbs (and, on specifically black internet spaces, "Janet needs to come back and drag her" "she was always a talentless attention whore unlike the superior JANET"). Consequently, hard to take seriously.

"A white girl stealing the voice of minorities and black people in particular here for her own benefit. I'm not talking about Madonna but you Julianne Escobedo Shepherd. Why are you talking in the name of black people instead of giving the opportunity to a black writer to write about it ? You are invisibilating the voice of black people by speaking in their name like an entitled non black girl. You are trying to exist by using and cashing in on the black communauty."

It's really telling that any comment section about this is filled with the "senile old lady" "send her off to the retirement home" barbs (and, on specifically black internet spaces, "Janet needs to come back and drag her" "she was always a talentless attention whore unlike the superior JANET"). Consequently, hard to take seriously.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Lol I hate Jezebel, they are the worst

This is some info about them, for everyone who had the fortune of never hearing about that website before:

Criticism[edit]

In 2010, Jezebel received widespread media coverage when it criticized The Daily Show for its treatment of women writers and correspondents.[14] As a result of this publicity, the site was parodied as "JoanOfSnark.com" on an episode of 30 Rock, "TGS Hates Women".[15] A Slate article at this time criticized the blog and similar feminist blogs for manipulating readers to achieve page views by masking anger (often aimed at attractive women) as a result of jealousy and insecurity as "righteously indignant rage" and promoting in-group behavior at the expense of rational discourse.[16]

Kashmir Hill, of Forbes, has been critical of the blog on two occasions. In 2012, Jezebel faced criticism when it published screen shots of a video depicting a rape and some users threatened to boycott the site.[17] Later, in November 2012, Jezebel was criticized for publicizing the names of teenagers who posted racist tweets in response to Barack Obama's re-election.[18]

On January 16, 2014, Jezebel again offered $10,000 for unretouched magazine photos, this time specifically requesting unretouched images of Lena Dunham's recent spread for Voguemagazine.[19] The offer was met with outrage by many in their readership.[20] The bounty proved successful, and on January 17 Jezebel posted an exposé of the unretouched images, to the ire of many of their readers.[21]

The website has been criticized at times for how it handles race issues, including its selection in July 2014 of a white woman as the new editor-in-chief over a black candidate who had been with the site since its founding.[22][23]

"But today, she Instagrammed images of Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela, and Bob Marley in the cord, not only placing herself as their equal by proxy, but also apparently oblivious to the concept that a white artist who's made various forms of black music throughout her career showing images of civil rights icons tied up in cord is demeaning. "

Oh, please just STFU, jezebel. Good fucking Christ. The rush to be offended by absolutely everything without taking 3 seconds to understand what you're seeing makes me just want to shut down the internet and go back to using messages in bottles.

Used to love that site, but it's output of late (Their ageist attack on Annie Lennox from a few months ago was infuriating) has been insufferable.

Madonna is not saying she's equal or greater than Mandela, King, etc. She's calling them rebels of similar hearts, you fucking dimwits.

So if I post a picture of Madonna on my instagram is that saying I'm equal to her? People post pictures of people they admire and look up to.

So if I post a picture of Madonna on my instagram is that saying I'm equal to her? People post pictures of people they admire and look up to.

Seriously, it's so embarrassing on its face.

^ Be careful using the word dimwit. Someone will call you out for being prejudice against people with low iQ's. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess so. "How dare you slander the stupid, Mozo!"

Then I get served a joint class-action lawsuit from Gaga, Kanye and Bieber.

Well I just saw the pics and think they're awful, mainly from an artistic standpoint. It doesn't matter what her intentions were, they're in bad taste. She meant no harm, of course, but sometimes her brain ain't wired right lol

Damn, she caught me off guard today. I was expecting ... idk.. something else.

They're just bad.

Well I just saw the pics and think they're awful, mainly from an artistic standpoint. It doesn't matter what her intentions were, they're in bad taste. She meant no harm, of course, but sometimes her brain ain't wired right lol

They're just bad.

How though? I am asking because I respect your opinion. I just don't understand HOW any of the Rebel Heart pics are in bad taste. It's my understanding that the wires represent the ways in which people have tried to restrain rebellious people. And Madonna is just pointing out all the fellow rebels who have inspired her. I literally don't understand what people are mad about!

...It's my understanding that the wires represent the ways in which people have tried to restrain rebellious people. And Madonna is just pointing out all the fellow rebels who have inspired her....

You know that and I know that. I'm just not sure most ppl (non-Madonna fans) who look at them for the first time would get it.

People are getting really tired of all the outrage over every move everyone ever makes ever. Gonna backlash really soon.

I was thinking the same thing. People are so tired of having to walk on eggshells and not offend anyone when clearly they have no intention of offending. . Especially sad that things are twisted so much that anything can be labelled offensive and Politically Incorrect.

1. Media articles will take things out of context to portray Madonna as a borderline white supremacist

2. Madonna will then be bashed on the talk with Sharon saying something ageist and bitter while their audience claps mindlessly. Sheryl will be unfunny and claim that Madonna's use of instagram means that her children aren't getting a proper education (like she said with the grill controversy). Aisha will then bring perspective while also kind of calling Madonna talentless.

3. Wendy will either address this issue intellectually (rare) or say something stupid and/or ageist (very likely). There could be tears. Her audience will then also clap mindlessly except Wendy's clap system is less flawed and robotic than the Talk's.

4. Madonna posts a picture of Miley and the world moves on and the cycle continues. Everything is forgotten.

I'm just going to ignore this one because its all so predictable how people react and frankly i'm too tired of this repetitive cycle to even care about what people will say and reacting to that. Like are people really going to call Madonna a racist over this? really?

I don't think these media morons could ever seriously think that they could sell the sheep on Madonna being racist, it's just not going to happen. But I'm noticing this "cultural appropriation" angle that they are trying to make the sheep believe. It's almost like a coordinated attack. It's as if someone has sat back and put some thought into a way to attack Madonna across all media. Oh, it's a miserable failure and retarded thinking that Madonna is sure to turn on them and shove up their asses, but I find it interesting.

And?

Madonna gives no fuck.

Oh that's right, I keep forgetting. She should've made that a single (with remixes) then I'd remember.

I don't think these media morons could ever seriously think that they could sell the sheep on Madonna being racist, it's just not going to happen. But I'm noticing this "cultural appropriation" angle that they are trying to make the sheep believe. It's almost like a coordinated attack. It's as if someone has sat back and put some thought into a way to attack Madonna across all media. Oh, it's a miserable failure and retarded thinking that Madonna is sure to turn on them and shove up their asses, but I find it interesting.

Katy Perry has gotten a lot of criticism for "cultural appropriation" also, among others. I don't understand how introducing people to different cultures, etc can be interpreted as bad, it promotes understanding and appreciation. It's funny how Eminem never seems to get this criticism.

They're just bad.

It's their fucking fault if they don't want to do research and understand where the fuck she's coming from. She did nothing wrong.

This topic and these people need to FLUSH.

Aren't they fan-made though? Isn't she just regramming them like the others? Or did she actually create them? That would be slightly worse, but still not a controversy.

1. Media articles will take things out of context to portray Madonna as a borderline white supremacist

2. Madonna will then be bashed on the talk with Sharon saying something ageist and bitter while their audience claps mindlessly. Sheryl will be unfunny and claim that Madonna's use of instagram means that her children aren't getting a proper education (like she said with the grill controversy). Aisha will then bring perspective while also kind of calling Madonna talentless.

3. Wendy will either address this issue intellectually (rare) or say something stupid and/or ageist (very likely). There could be tears. Her audience will then also clap mindlessly except Wendy's clap system is less flawed and robotic than the Talk's.

4. Madonna posts a picture of Miley and the world moves on and the cycle continues. Everything is forgotten.

I'm just going to ignore this one because its all so predictable how people react and frankly i'm too tired of this repetitive cycle to even care about what people will say and reacting to that. Like are people really going to call Madonna a racist over this? really?

:thumbsup:

Aren't they fan-made though? Isn't she just regramming them like the others? Or did she actually create them? That would be slightly worse, but still not a controversy.

:thumbsup:

hmm? imagine...madonna on the computer at night...using photoshop herself giggling..no