New Album Discussion - IF YOU ASK FOR A LINK YOU'LL BE BANNED

mnino

"Messiah" is extraordinary; I ADORE it. Easily in my top 5 M songs. It has the same magic I feel when hearing most of the songs on Ray of Light, "Secret" and some others.

That said - it's the only one I loved. The melody for "Joan of Arc" is beautiful, but I'm unable to enjoy it as I find the lyrics cringeworthy.

I think she may feature Onika Maraj in Bitch, I'm Madonna. Andy Cohen asked her last night. She don't say anything about it though.

I think Living for Love has the best shot as a worldwide hit and may reach more people (young, adults and older) so it should be the lead single IMO. Unapologetic Bitch could be the second single, it's more young oriented but it's catchy as hell and may be a hit as well, especially in US.

dream on..

Okay, I need to stop playing Bitch, I'm Madonna, get serious, and really listen to the ballads.

its so much fun right? :lmao: at first i was all over the ballads but now im jamming to the more "dance-y" (if you can call it that) songs

:rotfl:

This song didn't really connect with me at first because I thought certain parts spoiled it, but I fucking love it now.

I can't wait to hear the final version. It needs more chorus, more gospel and more Alicia (?). It could be the next LAP if done right.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Haha...I'm not playin'. I go hard for this song already.

And yes of course, more production, more chorus, more gospel, piano, etc... It has the potential to be massive.

The kind of song/anthem that even the haters will give in to.....

It feels like the love child of Like a Prayer and Rescue Me.

After 24h, Addicted is really everything!! Unapologetic Bitch should be the Lead single IMO new fresh Madonna sound!!

Single potential IMO:

UB

LFL

Addicted

Heartbreak city

And btw rumour has it that the first single on the radio next monday!!! ??? I only see random fact like this, where they took that!

"Messiah" is extraordinary; I ADORE it. Easily in my top 5 M songs. It has the same magic I feel when hearing most of the songs on Ray of Light, "Secret" and some others.

That said - it's the only one I loved. The melody for "Joan of Arc" is beautiful, but I'm unable to enjoy it as I find the lyrics cringeworthy.

you posted in the Madonna section :wow:

Guest bluejean

Well I must be honest and say I don't think LFL could be the next Like a Prayer. It's like people think add a choir and you have Like a Prayer Vol. 2 :lol: To my ears it sounds more like an underground early 90's house song. Not really a truly mainstream, global hit of Hung Up proportions. But definitely a great track and should be a single. I mean it's an anthem sure but would radio play it?

I tend to think releasing something edgier makes more sense. But then again yes, this isn't the final version so you never know what a reworking could do. Let us not forget the transformation of various songs like Get Together or Beat Goes On.

Guest bluejean

The problem with a release next monday, for example in quebec, radio plays 24h/24h christmas songs!!! Some don't but I won't have the same impact!!

But don't songs take a few weeks at least to impact on radio?

Anyway I think releasing a single sooner rather than later would be good. Even if it's January it's going to be FAR better than if they wait til March or something. I think SOME damage control is necessary.

Living for love need a piano breakdown à la vogue, like the piano we can hear in the chorus. The choir should be louder a little. And lift up the 90's house sounds a little.

I think she may feature Onika Maraj in Bitch, I'm Madonna. Andy Cohen asked her last night. She don't say anything about it though.

What exactly was asked?

Well I must be honest and say I don't think LFL could be the next Like a Prayer. It's like people think add a choir and you have Like a Prayer Vol. 2 :lol: To my ears it sounds more like an underground early 90's house song. Not really a truly mainstream, global hit of Hung Up proportions. But definitely a great track and should be a single. I mean it's an anthem sure but would radio play it?

I tend to think releasing something edgier makes more sense. But then again yes, this isn't the final version so you never know what a reworking could do. Let us not forget the transformation of various songs like Get Together or Beat Goes On.

I agree with you on this. I think RH is way more mainstream and could reach more people.

Anyway I think releasing a single sooner rather than later would be good. Even if it's January it's going to be FAR better than if they wait til March or something. I think SOME damage control is necessary.

You're right tho. In quebec, the last 3 albums, they played the new singles the more often the first 2 weeks If I remember well (4 minutes by example)

Anyway Everything they do I wont mind seriously haha

Guest bluejean

Well yeah. I mean Like a Prayer is one of her signature songs and probably the most universally loved song she's ever done by fans and non fans. It would be unfair to compare anything new to that. And with the choir included that song sets itself up for that comparison. Nothing Fails was also apparently the "new Like a Prayer" set to be #1 all over the globe (so was said.)

This is the best post anyone has ever made.

Thank you.

And mnino perfectly captures my response -

C'mon Madonnanation!!! Do you believe in love??

'Cause I've got something to say about it and it goes like this...

Living for love

I'm not giving up!

I'm gonna carry on

Living for love

I'm living for love

I'm not gonna stop

Love's gonna lift me up

synchronizedleyomidropping.gif

vogue-femme-lss-o.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Well yeah. I mean Like a Prayer is one of her signature songs and probably the most universally loved song she's ever done by fans and non fans. It would be unfair to compare anything new to that. And with the choir included that song sets itself up for that comparison. Nothing Fails was also apparently the "new Like a Prayer" set to be #1 all over the globe (so was said.)

I agree, Like a Prayer is Like a Prayer and there will never be another Like a Prayer, but Nothing Fails was just depressing. It's beautiful, but sad. The end. Living for Love makes you want to throw your hands up in the air and praise the lord all mighty!!!

she/they knew these were going to leak weeks ago, SO..

they shouldve released the first single BEFORE the leak.