Madonna ‘will appear on The X Factor final’... as long as she approves of line-up!

Crux

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2798646/madonna-appear-x-factor-final-long-approves-line-up.html

Madonna ‘will appear on The X Factor final’... as long as she approves of line-up

Simon Cowell has persuaded Madonna to perform in the UK live final of the ITV talent show – but there are strings attached.

One source said: ‘Madonna will have been provisionally booked because the final can be subject to change if an artist doesn’t approve of the finalists – especially if they have agreed to sing with them.

‘Someone like Madonna will want a lot of creative control over her appearance, but for Simon the ratings will be worth it.’

But the source added that there were also conditions Madonna must agree to.

‘She has been told that her label will be expected to pay for any stage props and backing dancers she brings with her,’ the insider said.

The 56-year-old pop queen’s appearance on December 13 will hark back to the show’s heyday when it could attract superstars of the calibre of Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Elton John and Beyoncé Knowles.

And Madonna’s appearance could also boost sales of her as-yet untitled 13th studio album, due for release just after the live final.

Another source close to the show told The Mail on Sunday: ‘It had been rumoured that Irish rockers U2 were being lined up to take part. But that has not happened and the confusion may have come because they share the same manager, Guy Oseary.’

An ITV source said last night: ‘We do always look for the best artists for the final. Madonna’s name will have been on a list at some point, yes. But nothing will be made certain until just before the live final.

Meanwhile, Cowell is setting his sights on establishing an X Factor-style show in India. The music mogul wants to find a boy band that can dominate the sub-continent in the same way his acts such as One Direction do in Britain and America.

India is a lucrative market: the country is home to more than 700 million people under the age of 30 and has seen an explosion in music sales.

A source said that discussions with TV networks were at an advanced stage. Cowell already has a relationship with broadcaster Colors which screens India’s Got Talent to audiences of 100 million.

A spokesman for his company, Syco, said: ‘India is an important market to us and there are a number of new projects in discussion.’ These include a stage show taking place in December in Mumbai.

Cowell is also planning an international talent contest across all countries where his Got Talent franchise is screened.

Hmmm, It reads like a complete paid-for fluff piece by Cowell's production co. to promote the show tbh.

Notice how they've already cleverly covered there arses when/if it doesn't happen, by putting the blame on Madonna for "not approving" of the finalists. Like she'd 1) give a fuck or 2) actually perform with them in the first place.

A late December release doesn't sound right either.

Hmmm, It reads like a complete paid-for fluff piece by Cowell's production co. to promote the show tbh.

Notice how they've already cleverly covered there arses when/if it doesn't happen, by putting the blame on Madonna for "not approving" of the finalists. Like she'd 1) give a fuck or 2) actually perform with them in the first place.

Yes, how could she approve the finalists anyway. Isn't it always done by public votes for the final 3 ? Plus, do stars perform with the contestants in the UK ? They never have to on these shows here but not sure what happens elsewhere. Doubt if Madonna would worry at all who was in the final or even take note.

Would love to see her perform her new song for purely personal reasons though as as she normally hits the ball out of the park when performing. Would be something for all of us to look forward to. Something else to ponder and wait and see about. :laugh:

Yes, how could she approve the finalists anyway. Isn't it always done by public votes for the final 3 ? Plus, do stars perform with the contestants in the UK ? They never have to on these shows here but not sure what happens elsewhere. Doubt if Madonna would worry at all who was in the final or even take note.

Would love to see her perform her new song for purely personal reasons though as as she normally hits the ball out of the park when performing. Would be something for all of us to look forward to. Something else to ponder and wait and see about. :laugh:

Yeah, I think the actual final usually has a star perform with a finalist. I don't think it's a prerequisite though, Madonna would never....

I would welcome a performance of course, but I really think they're just using her name for publicity as per.

Jazzy - our X Factor Final is on tonight, and the stars (Olly Murs, Jessica Mauboy and Guy Sebastian) are all performing WITH the final three contestants. Taylor Swift, on the other hand, won't be performing with them when she performs on tomorrow nights "Winner" show. Various guest artists throughout this season have performed with the contestants (not all of them, though - they often have two guest performers on the results shows, one of whom will perform with the contestants, whereas the other does not). I really don't know how they decide what happens, but several of the stars have definitely performed with the contestants this year.

Yes, more paid for lies by Cowell's team. The press is full of them at the moment. Yesterday one paper had a headline about Cowell calling in an Exorcist.

I have never seen the X Factor and have always deliberately avoided as much as I can that involves Simon Cowell. While I think it would be great promotion, I will also never be able to say "I have never watched the X Factor".

Do I need to get a track suit, an overweight husband and a council house on some god forsaken estate to tune in? How does this work?

I don't think they would give so many details if there wasn't some truth behind it! Unless they really intended to release the album in december but now, when Madonna started almost from scratch, all those plans aren't possible.

But if it's true... they are really GOOD NEWS!

I think it's a way for kids to hear a new song if radio won't play it. Can't see her releasing the album immediately after though. Maybe they just mean new single?

Exactly!

tbh I don't really want her on that awful show anyway. surely theres gotta be far better events where she can do her performances..

I can't see her ever singing with a contestant.

I could see her doing it but it would just be Madonna performing the song and that would be that.

However, could you IMAGINE the SUPER-QUEEN OVERBLOWN INTRO??? :wow:

I have never seen the X Factor and have always deliberately avoided as much as I can that involves Simon Cowell. While I think it would be great promotion, I will also never be able to say "I have never watched the X Factor".

Do I need to get a track suit, an overweight husband and a council house on some god forsaken estate to tune in? How does this work?

Just come and stay with me for the night. I nearly tick all of those boxes. x

Hmmmm I can't imagine her singing with a finalist.

I know some big names such as Beyoncé and Rihanna have done it in previous years, but I just can't see Madge doing it. Bitch don't wanna sing with some nobody.

Time will tell I guess

'''She has been told that her label will be expected to pay for any stage props and backing dancers she brings with her,’ the insider said''.

This bit doesn't sound right, either. Don't they normally pull out all the stops to tempt the big names on to the show, and they've wanted Madonna to do it for years. Seems odd that they would let an appearance fall through because of financial reasons. I doubt they pay performers, but expecting them to fund their own performance seems rather penny-pinching for a show that makes so much in advertising revenue.

I hate X-Factor with a passion and never watch it, but I do think it could be good exposure for her new single and ensure that people here know she's back. Back. BACK!!! I wasn't overly happy when I found out she was going to perform on the National Lottery as I thought the show was tacky, but then it did help Frozen debut at #1 (her first single to enter the charts in the top spot in the UK).

Well Andrea (or Andreas, I don't know what he's called, I call him Karby, even my flat mate does and he doesn't know who karby is) Is going to win. They could do a great youll see together. Some songs are workable, he's realy good.

attitude, spin etc are also talking about it now..

i can see her do it even though i think its below her. (like, way below..) but if she doesn't then wow, what a great PR campaign from cowell. he even has it covered with a story of madonna not liking the winner/contestants if she doesn't do it.