New album thread - 12-disc "song cycle" opus rumour gains momentum

ryan

Lenny Kravitz on Justify

Cherine Anderson on Give It 2 Me (Sly & Ribbie remix)

Akon on Celebration (remix)

LMFAO on Give Me All Your Luvin (remix)

Far East Movement on Turn Up the Radio (remix)

Tony Shimkin was on Why's It So Hard

Warren was on Now I'm Following You

Ruppert Everet was on American Pie

Richard Marx on White Heat :)

Richard_Marx_flat.jpg

Lenny Kravitz on Justify

Mirwais on Love Profusion

Background vocals are fine but I was talking about main vocalists. Like Nicki Minaj on GMAYL and IDGA and M.I.A. on GMAYL and B-day Song and of course Pharrell on Give It 2 Me, Beat Goes On (you can hardly consider them background vocals imo), She's Not Me and Candy Shop.

Edited by JimmyJimmy

I really like that she worked with underground artist!! Even diplo. He start to be famous but not mainstream at all. Also Avicii is a hit maker don't forget!! We all need an IG snippet of something

Only on Like a Prayer, Erotica (if you count Did You Do It?), Bedtime Stories, Hard Candy and MDNA. For the first three albums her co-vocalists weren't even mentioned in the title.

What really annoys me are her recent collaborations. I don't get why she feels like adding the same people on multiple songs. Who does that? If you want co-vocalists on more than one song of your album at least pick different people and don't let the same rapper/singer appear twice. I think it comes of as somehow unprofessional.

How? It seems like a more honest artistic process really. She truly collabs with her collaborators. She doesn't just let them lay something down then leave. It doesn't have anything to do with professionalism.

Ariana Grande? Not only is she a complete flash in the pan her voice is way to Disney. They're voices just wouldn't work on a duet. Much like how her Britney feature added nothing. If M has to duet (I'd rather she didn't) she should chose people who have a voice which create a contrast with hers. I think this rumour has only come about because Ariana has said many times now what huge Madonna fan she is.

Amen to that.

And please no Miley or Rihanna. Katy and Alicia all the way!

Madonna 2,195,548 followers

Miley Cyrus 12,801,657 followers

She needs Miley... and I'm pretty sure they recorded a song together.

Madonna always choose someone who is "on top". This is the simplest

and most effective marketing strategy.

tumblr_ncawy2BYN21s0x5wto4_500.jpg

tumblr_ncawy2BYN21s0x5wto2_500.jpg

tumblr_ncawy2BYN21s0x5wto1_500.jpg

tumblr_ncawy2BYN21s0x5wto3_500.jpg

Ariana Grande? Not only is she a complete flash in the pan her voice is way to Disney. They're voices just wouldn't work on a duet. Much like how her Britney feature added nothing. If M has to duet (I'd rather she didn't) she should chose people who have a voice which create a contrast with hers. I think this rumour has only come about because Ariana has said many times now what huge Madonna fan she is.

Joe Henry. :inlove: I want another duet!

Guest bluejean

She needs Miley...

Madonna has more followers in the real world than these tweens could ever dream. 30 plus years worth. All she needs is good music. The end.

She needs Miley... and I'm pretty sure they recorded a song together.

Madonna always choose someone who is "on top". This is the simplest

and most effective marketing strategy.

Is this post serious?? Please tell me this is a sad joke :lmao: :lmao:

Guest bluejean

I can't believe Instagram followers is a measure of something for some fans. Hilarious :lmao:

Just look at the people who have the most followers on twitter, Instagram etc. Gaga, Bieber, Kim Kardashian.... People who will be forgotten 5 years from now.

i absolutely believe Madonna can do it on her own but American radio is rather shallow and they won't play her new material because of the age factor but what if her new single is really the shit??!! Would they just listen to it once and then forget it? Wouldn't they want to treat it as hit material? Even people like Jennifer Lopez need younger or more popular acts to maintain a career and she's only been around a fraction of Madonna's career as a whole so i wouldn't be surprised if they released a feature first single.. a collaboration with a younger hopeful to the throne so to speak..

What i 'd suggest is to release two versions of whatever they are going to put out: one with her guest feature and one just a solo effort so that everybody's happy!

I didn't mind GMAYL having MIA and Nicky Minaj as i do believe they made the song in a way but if the new single is really good then i want Madonna to pull it off on her own.