New album thread: "Good things come to those who wait" says the Queen

How can something be "postponed" when it didn't have a release date to begin with? We've never had an official quarter, let alone a month or a specific date - it's all been pure speculation. Madonna is clearly enjoying creating music with a variety of different people and she couldn't care less whether her "fans" are having a meltdown over having to wait (her Instagram post is a surprise in itself). She's working on her art and when she feels it's ready, we'll hear it. It's as simple as that.

I still believe a 2014 release is possible unless there’s an official announcement otherwise. She could still drop it on us at any time, like Stevo208 said. Beyonce’s album seemed like it was shelved indefinitely.

Speaking of half-baked cakes...

tumblr_mthvp4nN2s1r0brubo1_500.png

My thoughts exactly.

Oh well, I can live with the album coming out next year. As others have already pointed out, at least that means she's really taking all her time for this album to make it as good as possible, unlike MDNA which was a rushed effort (and some can keep on babbling about how it wasn't, but yes, it does sound rushed for me, period).

I just hope she will wait with her tour rehearsals and still take some time to properly promote it, i.e. no tour before June at the earliest.

What does "rushed" sound like? If that was rushed, then I much prefer it to some other albums where she apparently took her time.

You sound quite negative. Why can't she change her mind? As for promo - we don't know anything yet. All this pessimistic speculation is getting on my nerves.

:lmao: at all the drama. Madonna fans are the worst. Keep faith in her, for christ sake!!!! She's the fucking QUEEN, she knows what she's doing!

How can something be "postponed" when it didn't have a release date to begin with? We've never had an official quater, let alone a month or a specific date - it's all been pure speculation. Madonna is clearly enjoying creating music with a variety of different people and she couldn't care less whether her "fans" are having a meltdown over having to wait (her Instagram post is a surprise in itself). She's working on her art and when she feels it's ready, we'll hear it. It's as simple as that.

THANK YOU.

DEAR LORD, i just can't with some people.

The Queen will release her fucking new album whenever she wants to.

First of all I don't believe the album is postponed simply because the album was never meant to be launch this year.

All this drama right now is our fault because since the beginning of the year the only thing we do is pure speculation.

Madonna never said a word she would release something this year.

Look "We R Superstar" and the Iphone thing...we all create this bulshit.

And Madonna is just sitting around watching all this mess...

Imagine life 20 years ago....most of us did not have the net and knew only what the artist wanted us to know and received when they were good and ready to deliver.. Overzealous interest and forced release dates to avoid leaks, etc are only going to hinder the creative process and potentially rush the final result. Let Madonna do her thing, complete her process, and let go of it when she feels that it is ready. We have had her for 30 years and counting, what is waiting another few months?

I am thrilled that she is taking all her time she needs! And as far as I'm concerned, she is creating something profound, magical and gorgeous! The lyrics the Queen herself shared with us are incredibly beautiful! Everything points to an album with a rich production and meaningful and fun songs!

Madonna obviously cares about this album! She works intensively to give us something new and amazing!

I am not taking any bull shit from no site unless it's confirmed by Madonna herself!

How can something be "postponed" when it didn't have a release date to begin with? We've never had an official quater, let alone a month or a specific date - it's all been pure speculation. Madonna is clearly enjoying creating music with a variety of different people and she couldn't care less whether her "fans" are having a meltdown over having to wait (her Instagram post is a surprise in itself). She's working on her art and when she feels it's ready, we'll hear it. It's as simple as that.

Madonna's Instagram posts have been referring to "coming soon." She has already played the music for friends. All this pointed to a release date within the year. Anyway, she is going to miss the lucrative holiday buying season. So, no threat from Madonna to others.

It's just beyond me how rama and drowned came in and completely messed everything up with their stupid rumors! What theme do you guys think the album has based on Madonna's shared information on Instagram? Why don't we just stick with that!

There could be hundreds of demos lyrics leaking but does NOT mean they are from the upcoming album! They could be from MDNA era!

Edited by AcrossTheSky

The question to ask though is what else does she have to do?

The team she's already assembled for the record is massive.

Diplo, Avicii, Ariel, S/1, Toby Gad, Natalia, MoZella, MNEK.

She seemed to be in the mixing stage for Living For Love around the time of her vacation starting. So unless she's going into the studio to work with a whole new producer, what else is left besides the mastering or tinkering?

If she does go into the studio with a whole new producer then it can't boast well for what has been created so far. It's confusing.

I dont give a flying fuck about all the exclusives from drowned and rama!! Let me ask you guys a question;

What lyrics has Madonna shared with us on Instagram so far?

Stick to that theme!

M herself has teased lyrics of "Wash All Over Me" and "Messiah", and Ariel Rechtshaid has teased lyrics of "Living for Love".

From M, we also got video snippets from the recording of "Messiah" (the orchestra) and "Living for Love" (the choir).

Guest bluejean

I can wait til next year. And I don't mind if the album comes with a tour announcement/no promotion. Just dying to get a quality new album and see her live!

And everybody missed the fact that Madonna's latest instagram post once again hinted at the medieval theme

Can somebody please summarize everything Madonna shared on Instagram about the new album as specific information? What Im talking about is song titles, lyrics, pictures and theme references.

Yes- there's never been a release date, or even a hint of one. It's just people expecting it to come by a certain time, when she's given no indication of such. "Coming soon,' in the music industry, doesn't necessarily mean within a handful of months. :)

M herself has teased lyrics of "Wash All Over Me" and "Messiah", and Ariel Rechtshaid has teased lyrics of "Living for Love".

From M, we also got video snippets from the recording of "Messiah" (the orchestra) and "Living for Love" (the choir).

exactly! Living for Love, Messiah, Wash All Over Me, Rebel Heart. I dont see no fucking steps behind me or break up songs!! Edited by AcrossTheSky

And everybody missed the fact that Madonna's latest instagram post once again hinted at the medieval theme

Can somebody please summarize everything Madonna shared on Instagram about the new album as specific information? What Im talking about is song titles, lyrics, pictures and theme references.

Why don't you do it yourself?

References to song titles made by Madonna or her collaborators:

Autotune Baby

Bitch, I'm Madonna

Body Shop

Holy Water

Iconic

Joan of Arc

Living for Love

Love You from the Inside Out

Messiah

Rebel Heart

Unapologetic Bitch

Veni Vidi Vici

Wash All Over Me

How can something be "postponed" when it didn't have a release date to begin with? We've never had an official quarter, let alone a month or a specific date - it's all been pure speculation. Madonna is clearly enjoying creating music with a variety of different people and she couldn't care less whether her "fans" are having a meltdown over having to wait (her Instagram post is a surprise in itself). She's working on her art and when she feels it's ready, we'll hear it. It's as simple as that.

Exactly.

The fact that Madonna wrote "All good things come to those who wait" is PROOF that the original release date has been postponed.

No it does not. That is a saying that people often use when responding to people wanting them to hurry things. We don't know the original release date and she is most likely responding to everyone bugging her about releasing things straight away.

The fact that Madonna wrote "All good things come to those who wait" is PROOF that the original release date has been postponed.

No release date was ever announced.

However, according to Paolo, when Liz Rosenberg posted that "Messiah" was coming 'soon', M & her team were indeed planning to release the album later this year...

We CAN'T say that it was postponed, because there wasn't a release date in the first place, but we CAN say that things aren't going the way it was originally planned. Even MTribe seems to have confirmed that.

EDIT: @Msig +1

No release date was ever announced.

However, according to Paolo, when Liz Rosenberg posted that "Messiah" was coming 'soon', M & her team were indeed planning to release the album later this year...

Everything points to this. There might not have been an exact date set, but the release was planned for the last quarter of the year.