Did Madonna go to the Kate Bush concert on Tues? (Rumours or Lies from DM site?)

Ugly Hecty

and M could get even more inspired for her next tour :) i hear she's doing this non-choreographed dance with bare feet. ive always loved to see M do something like that ;) show off some real contemporary dance.

I'd love to see her do some really out there, experimental contemporary dance like Kate Bush, but I don't think she'd ever do something like that non-choreographed in front of a concert audience. She's way too much of a perfectionist and control freak.

The show sounds incredible. She really did change the concept of live music in 1979. The concept I think Madonna has very successfully taken up of concert as a piece of theatre / performance. Its no surprise whatsoever that the likes of Madonna, Bowie, Bjork and Grace Jones are all there - each are musicians who would appreciate Kate Bush's genius completely.

Kate Bush maybe a so,called legend, but,I only,know of her existence from reading Q,and NME

I dont,ecen think i have,heard ONE,song of,hers and if I did a poll and asked 50 people I know if they even know who she is, most would say no

I live,in,the,US, she is largely unknown over here, except for a small, cult, gay following

Kate Bush maybe a so,called legend, but,I only,know of her existence from reading Q,and NME

I dont,ecen think i have,heard ONE,song of,hers and if I did a poll and asked 50 people I know if they even know who she is, most would say no

I live,in,the,US, she is largely unknown over here, except for a small, cult, gay following

That's not true at all. Maybe younger people in the US haven't heard of her. But most people over 40 in the US know who she is. She has several Top 40 albums in the 80's and 90's on the US charts. And I don't think her following is mostly gay. She has a rock element to some of her songs which appeals to people of all sexual orientations including lots of straight men, especially your indie rock types.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

^ I know,who,she is, but most of the,GP in,the US,does not.

most of the GP in the US probably has shit taste though...

Regarding the topic: WOW!

You really are the worst.

What's your point anyway? If people in this thread are excited about it, then then let them be excited. Who cares about ur imaginary polls of the public. Anyone interested in the history of pop music knows who Kate Bush is.

Anyway, I read the Bowie sighting was a hoax and if Madonna's reported presence is solely down to DrownedMadonna's "news" item (based upon a tweet about M standing in a TOILET QUEUE) then I'll take that with a pinch of salt as well. I HOPE she was there though.

People are so quick to fight about ANYTHING. Seriously. Get off your mood swings. It's like every time someone voices an opinion, someone attacks almost immediately. Ugh ...wtf!

Young music listeners in the USA don't know shit anymore about music or culture beyond today. I know a kid who didn't know who Bjork was until I mentioned her to him the other day let alone Kate Bush. It's a shame really but it is what it is. Most young people don't even know who Blondie or Fleetwood Mac or David Bowie is (AMONGST the younger people I talk to). I mean, even the 90's they don't know.

People are so quick to fight about ANYTHING. Seriously. Get off your mood swings. It's like every time someone voices an opinion, someone attacks almost immediately. Ugh ...wtf!

Young music listeners in the USA don't know shit anymore about music or culture beyond today. I know a kid who didn't know who Bjork was until I mentioned her to him the other day let alone Kate Bush. It's a shame really but it is what it is. Most young people don't even know who Blondie or Fleetwood Mac or David Bowie is (AMONGST the younger people I talk to). I mean, even the 90's they don't know.

I've just read in that other thread that this guy is in his 30s so hardly "young" by the standards you're talking about, and there really wasn't any need for the thread to turn into a "wtf is kate bush" type thread anyway.

Guest Pud Whacker

yes and even though everything is at their fingertips and they dont have to leave and go to the record store or the library, the younger generation is bizarrely vacant.

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh shut up

Guest Rachelle of London

Can we all stop lumping all young people in the same category as the shit brains that know fuck all about pop culture. There are MANY young people that actually have a brain and know about things other than Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande. Look at many of the young posters on this forum. Not all young people are dumbasses. Stop using age as an excuse.

I've just read in that other thread that this guy is in his 30s so hardly "young" by the standards you're talking about, and there really wasn't any need for the thread to turn into a "wtf is kate bush" type thread anyway.

Honestly, I'm 28 and I seem to be the oldest 28 y/o in my life. My guess is there are plenty of people in their late 20's who know nothing pre-2000's and cling to the even younger generations "pop" culture. I, mean, even in NYC bars, there's 20-30 year old demographic jumping, singing and dancing to Kesha, Taylor Swift and Iggy Azelia back to back with not even ONE type of song that I would listen to. I've had conversations with these people at the bar or outside while smoking a cigarette and they know nothing of Stevie or Debbie or even who Annie Lennox is. I'm serious. It drives me fucking crazy. I actually stopped going to gay bars for that reason. I became the Debbie downer of my group. I can't dance to music I don't like. Now I BEG the DJ to play ONE song I love, I dance, and call it night, clinging to the bar and chatting with an old gay about Anita O'Day and the impact of certain women of yesterday. Lucky for me, one drag Queen I know happens to love a Robyn (who no one knows either unless it's Dancing on my Own, and plays Do It Again...we both go crazy and everyone stares :lol:)

Wow I voiced an,opinion and observation ofobe,about Kate Bush and I am told by other menbers, who I have always respected and whose OPINIONS I have respected, to shut up

Seriously...

I would not dream of saying that to another poster.

I am, however curious about Kate Bush now, what are her best albums and songs.

I take it she,has videos on Youtube?

Honestly, I'm 28 and I seem to be the oldest 28 y/o in my life. My guess is there are plenty of people in their late 20's who know nothing pre-2000's and cling to the even younger generations "pop" culture. I, mean, even in NYC bars, there's 20-30 year old demographic jumping, singing and dancing to Kesha, Taylor Swift and Iggy Azelia back to back with not even ONE type of song that I would listen to. I've had conversations with these people at the bar or outside while smoking a cigarette and they know nothing of Stevie or Debbie or even who Annie Lennox is. I'm serious. It drives me fucking crazy. I actually stopped going to gay bars for that reason. I became the Debbie downer of my group. I can't dance to music I don't like. Now I BEG the DJ to play ONE song I love, I dance, and call it night, clinging to the bar and chatting with an old gay about Anita O'Day and the impact of certain women of yesterday. Lucky for me, one drag Queen I know happens to love a Robyn (who no one knows either unless it's Dancing on my Own, and plays Do It Again...we both go crazy and everyone stares :lol:)

You just described my past clubbing days in a nutshell.

As...depressing as that is, it's not entirely unprecedented. In my clubbing heyday of the 90s, most of that demographic balked at the majority of 60s/70s artists just like these young uns do today with the greats of the 80s/90s. Which isn't to say that all young people are like that. Music lovers will seek out good music from whatever era.

But we're in a Madonna forum here with a great cross-representation of fans (I'm guessing more young than old tbh) and thankfully I notice a great appreciation and understanding of all genres.

Oh and Melrose stop playing the victim. The only reason I even said anything is because you've been going off on one in a very similar manner in other threads as well.