Madonna Items, Including a VMA, Going to Auction

Guest whatatramp

Guest whatatramp

madonna-material-girl-video-1985-billboa

Material Girl's materials to be auctioned Nov. 7-8.

Get ready to dance in Madonna's old clothes.

Julien's Auctions announced Tuesday (Aug. 19) that items from the pop icon's personal and professional life will be auctioned Nov. 7-8.

Pieces from her "Material Girl," "Music" and "American Pie" music videos will be offered during the Icons & Idols: Rock n' Roll auction in Beverly Hills, California. More than 30 items from the 1996 film "Evita" will also be available.

Julien's Auctions said some of the awards that Madonna has won over the years will also be offered, including an MTV Video Music Award and an American Music Award.

The auction will also include written lyrics, a diary from 1988, signed checks and a 1972 yearbook.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6221897/madonna-auction

OMG - the original photos for Madonna's first album when it was going to be Lucky Star!!!!!! Only $1000 - $2000!??!

Beverly Hills, California – (August 19, 2014) – Julien’s Auctions, the world’s premier entertainment and music memorabilia auction house, has announced the rare opportunity to bid on the largest collection of Madonna memorabilia from her personal and professional life ever to be offered at auction. The carefully curated collection will be offered during the Icons & Idols: Rock ‘n Roll auction in Beverly Hills in November.

madonna-material-girl-dress.jpgmadonna-evita-worn-gown.jpgThe legendary musical icon will be celebrated throughout the vast collection which includes the famous Marilyn Monroe inspired dress, stole and jewelry worn in her “Material Girl” video (dress and stole estimate: $20,000-40,000) and over thirty of Madonna’s period clothing pieces from Evita along with accessories and jewelry from the film (Various estimates: $800-6,000). In addition, costumes from A League of Their Own (Estimate: $3,000-5,000), The Next Best Thing (Estimate: $3,000-5,000), her “Music” music video (Estimates ranging from $2,000–$6,000), and the video for “American Pie” ($1,000-5,000) will also be included and on the auction block.

Madonna is known for her constant reinvention as a performer. Never one to shy away from controversy or taking risks, her biggest hits include “Papa Don’t Preach,” “Like a Prayer,” “Material Girl” and “Vogue” among others. Her rise to stardom, versatility as a film and music star and her personal life stories remain legendary. She has been listed as one of the wealthiest female musicians of our time having sold over an unprecedented 300 million records.

Her long list of awards includes GRAMMY Awards, American Music Awards, MTV Video Awards, Billboard Awards, VH-1 Fashion Awards, a Hollywood Walk of Fame and so many more. Some of the many awards she has won will be offered for sale during this auction event. Madonna also has never been shy about her sexual side. Available at auction will be the latex mask, waspie, gloves, bra and panties worn with Katy Perry for a 2014 V Magazine cover photo shoot (Estimate: $1,000-4,000) and the vintage costume pieces worn for Madonna’s sexy Re-Invention publicity materials. As early as 1985 Madonna was honing her sexy persona when she posed for Bill Stone who published the nude photographs he took in Penthouse magazine. Negatives and prints from that sitting will also be offered.

madonna-cover-of-v-magazine.jpgAt the start of Madonna’s professional career, she worked with photographer Edo Bertoglio to create a photo for the cover of her first album, Madonna (originally slated to be titled Lucky Star). Several of the original photographs remained with Madonna’s friend Martin Burgoyne and will be offered for sale (Estimate: $1,000-2,000). Other early career items include handwritten notes on concert choreography (Estimate: $800-1,200), handwritten working lyrics (Estimate: $800-1,200), Madonna’s personal AFTRA card (Estimate: $800-1,200), signed film contracts (Estimate: $800-1,200) and signed clothing items (Estimate: $600-800). Included in the collection are a selection of foreign and domestic record sales awards, a Billboard Music Video Award (Estimate: $1,000-2,000), a 1991 American Music Award (Estimate: $4,000-6,000), an MTV video Music award (Estimate: $4,000-6,000), and an MTV European Music Award (Estimate: $4,000-6,000).

madonna-american-music-award-for-vogue.jMadonna’s fans and detractors have been as interested in Madonna’s personal life as they have in her professional career. This collection will indeed offer an intimate glimpse into Madonna’s private world. Most revealing is a day planner/diary from 1988. The diary includes Madonna’s handwritten notes on nearly every page with appointments: appearing on Late Night With David Letterman, dates with then- husband Sean Penn as well as birthday reminders and holiday plans (Estimate: $2,000-4,000). Among the other items are a signed document relating to her separation from Sean Penn (Estimate: $1,000-2,000), financial document (Estimate: $800-1,200), signed checks (Estimate: $600-800), her personal make-up compact (Estimate: $1,000-2,000) and the 1972 Junior High School yearbook she was photographed in as a teenager (Estimate: $800-1,200).

Icons & Idols: Rock ‘n Roll at Julien’s Auctions will explore and celebrate the life and career of Madonna through property and personal items that have defined her stunning incarnations: sex symbol, diva, writer, actress, mother and wife.

A special exhibit of the Collection of Madonna Memorabilia will open at the Newbridge Silverware’s Museum of Style Icons (MOSI) on Monday, August 18, 2014 and run through Monday, September 15, 2014 in Kildare, Ireland. Hours are 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Sundays and bank holidays. Free entry and parking is included.

http://www.juliensauctions.com/press/2014/madonna.html

Surely some of this is stuff pillaged (okay, legally acquired...) from Sweet Melly Mel's storage

Exactly. Do you think M has a shelf full of VMA awards she keeps dusting?

I surprised about the Material Girl dress. I can only assume there were more than one used in the video. M said she's kept a lot of her clothes in storage and that is one of her most famous outfits ever.

Why are some of you baffled at the awards being sold? When had she ever given a damn about those? And when have we ever seen those displayed in her home?

Why are some of you baffled at the awards being sold? When had she ever given a damn about those? And when have we ever seen those displayed in her home?

How do they make their way to an auction house though? I mean, I'm sure she's not selling them herself, and it's not like it's a charity auction or anything.

I don't really like seeing all this ish going to private collectors, especially while she's still alive.

Guest whatatramp

I wonder if the M collector James Harknett is selling some of his pieces since I know he owns jewellery from the MG video and various Evita costumes and I'm almost positive he owns a costume from ALOTO

(he also owns the blonde afro wig from the girlie show and RIT costumes)

james_harknett_401.jpg

:clap:

She has about 20 VMA awards, who cares if she parts with 1 or ten of them?

Not that it would matter if she got rid of all 20 of them

What she has accomplished cannot be erased or "sold" anyway

How do they make their way to an auction house though? I mean, I'm sure she's not selling them herself, and it's not like it's a charity auction or anything.

I don't really like seeing all this ish going to private collectors, especially while she's still alive.

It bothers me too. But since these auction houses have been receiving these items for years now, shows there's really not much to do, so I've moved on from that.

But personally, I wouldn't be surprised if M has given away some of her smaller prized awards.

i dont think madonna takes home most of the awards that she collects. she probably just passes it to her assistant to keep, and then it gets forgotten, until it ends up being discovered again decades later and going to the auction house.

Surely some of this is stuff pillaged (okay, legally acquired...) from Sweet Melly Mel's storage

Exactly. Do you think M has a shelf full of VMA awards she keeps dusting?

I surprised about the Material Girl dress. I can only assume there were more than one used in the video. M said she's kept a lot of her clothes in storage and that is one of her most famous outfits ever.

QUESTION: If these are lost items, can't Madonna go and claim they were hers and get them? They are pretty personal some of them. Even if that stupid Melly Mel lost a trunk, they are Madonna's.

QUESTION: If these are lost items, can't Madonna go and claim they were hers and get them? They are pretty personal some of them. Even if that stupid Melly Mel lost a trunk, they are Madonna's.

I expect Liz to set the dogs loose on the diary and the dress.

Guest ditaluver

That Material Girl dress is pretty iconic. I'm sure Lola would want it to go to the prom or something like that. The Evita dress is too beautiful to end up in some stan's closet.

Lolas prom is over. She's dumping the dress for some extra cash at school. I'm sure this is all her doing

And I want that evita dress so bad

The dresses may were never hers. She just wore them ones and the Awards she may never collected. I don't see a big deal a out it. She did wear a lot of dresses how can she or who ever has them keep them all.

How a dairy ends up there is a different story.