At this point, I can't bear to listen to any other "divas" AT ALL.

Crystal Coffin

Especially those of the "artless" type; you know, the likes of Mariah, Celine, Whitney. God, how uncultured they are!

Madonna reads poetry. See the song "Sanctuary". She even had two tracks sung entirely in the Sanskrit language.

How could one ever compare her to other female acts? It's insane. She's fucking something else.

Music is there to enjoy though, it does not have to be artistic all of the time. I understand what you mean but with music, often we can like songs and artists that we don't like personally or whom are not the brightest sparks around. If you enjoy the songs, so be it. Madonna is my favourite artist but I listen to plenty of other singers as well who are much inferior. I can still enjoy their music despite knowing it is not top notch.

^^Yes.

But judging by the usual standard of mainstream pop music...Madonna is incomparable. The other whores aren't even any close, it's totally blasphemous to mention them and MADONNA in the same breath.

^^Yes.

But judging by the usual standard of mainstream pop music...Madonna is incomparable. The other whores aren't even any close, it's totally blasphemous to mention them and MADONNA in the same breath.

:laugh: Yes, they are not in the same class at all.

That must be sad not to be able to enjoy others diva's music.

I don't get it at all in spite of your explanation.

It's a little bit silly of you, don't you think ???

The divas in the past decade or more have been unjustly compared to M. Her career & impact on the culture far exceeds what people think of her.

No matter what people say, M influence & career are in the same league as MJ, Elvis, The Beatles, Stones, Bowie, etc. :yes:

i can tolerate some whitney and celine, and the other pop girls (with one obvious exception) and on occasion janet. I listen to a lot of dark horse from katy purry lately :lmao: it's my jam. Riri has some good tracks too. same for Beyoncé. but my god mariah is really the worst.. i know there are some people who love both M and mimi, but I never got her or their POV's because both artists are so different. doesn't help of course that she aint my musical taste AT ALL.

ive been getting into annie lennox and patti smith a bit this year and saw the latter live a few nights ago. ive noticed patti said almost the same stuff at her show as madonna in her concerts (she totally cursed at a fan who asked to marry her, spitted several times on stage, uses "motherfuckers" as her fav. curse word & had her "you're the future you can change the world" "speeches" etc. :chuckle:)

i find these women to be a lot more similar to madonna in terms of attitude. don't see that in the other "divas" in music.

Oh Patti live is phenomenal. :bow: She's a Madonna fan.

yeah ive noticed M & patti have mentioned each other a few times lately. im sure she'd have a great friend in her :)

Nikki, we are motherfukcers that is why we can't connect with someone like Blobriah :lol:

true :lmao:

I do like other Diva's like Mariah (new album is really good) and Janet (not been up to standards for the past decade though but i forgive her because her back catalogue before Damita Jo is incredible), but I got bored of Britney (just plain boring), Rihanna (attention seeker), I've taken a liking Kate Bush recently.

Madonna will always be the best female artist ever.

Oh Annie Lennox plays here often lately plus Kate Bush in anticipation of her upcoming London shows.

Whitney Houston always had an incredible voice but it was her arrogant primadonna behaviour and attitude that always made me dislike her.

People I know who saw her live all said that she had the similar attitude onstage. "I am fantastic and you all mean nothing to me"

Too bad her beloved Lord that she referred to continuously was not there to save her and keep her from doing narcotics

How....sad. You're missing out on a lot of good music.

With all we bitch about in the Flop Princesses and Divas section, and the General Music section... and regardless of some of the issues some of us have with certain acts - which is usually much more about their personality/persona/attitude...and not always so much about the work itself (because if it's actually good, we'll say so and give it credit...well, some of us)... there is a lot of good music out there (past and present). Some can do it, some can't...but if you can separate the work itself from the persona of the act...you can find some good work.

Madonna's place is a given. But as fulfilling as that is, I still want to experience what the rest of the world has to offer. The 'total package' only comes once in a blue moon, but that doesn't mean other artists (even with all their shortcomings) don't have incredible things to offer too. I wouldn't want to miss out. Even when it comes to certain personalities I don't like, I still try to give the work a chance. Even with knowing I already love the best, life/art/music/etc. would seem so limited without the rest...

How....sad. You're missing out on a lot of good music.

With all we bitch about in the Flop Princesses and Divas section, and the General Music section... and regardless of some of the issues some of us have with certain acts - which is usually much more about their personality/persona/attitude...and not always so much about the work itself (because if it's actually good, we'll say so and give it credit...well, some of us)... there is a lot of good music out there (past and present). Some can do it, some can't...but if you can separate the work itself from the persona of the act...you can find some good work.

Madonna's place is a given. But as fulfilling as that is, I still want to experience what the rest of the world has to offer. The 'total package' only comes once in a blue moon, but that doesn't mean other artists (even with all their shortcomings) don't have incredible things to offer too. I wouldn't want to miss out. Even when it comes to certain personalities I don't like, I still try to give the work a chance. Even with knowing I already love the best, life/art/music/etc. would seem so limited without the rest...

Well like I said, I have no issues with Katy, Rihanna, and of course the not-so-mainstream acts.

But at this point, I can't stand most (not all, most) of her contemporaries. Prince is great. Michael Jackson I've always hated since the beginning. Kylie, Mariah, Celine, Cyndi, these shits bring me to hell.

Well like I said, I have no issues with Katy, Rihanna, and of course the not-so-mainstream acts.

But at this point, I can't stand most (not all, most) of her contemporaries. Prince is great. Michael Jackson I've always hated since the beginning. Kylie, Mariah, Celine, Cyndi, these shits bring me to hell.

Whatever you like.... I still think you're missing out a bit...

ive been getting into annie lennox and patti smith a bit this year and saw the latter live a few nights ago. ive noticed patti said almost the same stuff at her show as madonna in her concerts (she totally cursed at a fan who asked to marry her, spitted several times on stage, uses "motherfuckers" as her fav. curse word & had her "you're the future you can change the world" "speeches" etc. :chuckle:)

i find these women to be a lot more similar to madonna in terms of attitude. don't see that in the other "divas" in music.

I agree! While the Rihanna's, Miley's and Mariah's of the world are total "pop/R&B" fluff in their sound and approach, Madonna is the only "diva" that can hang with the "rock" stars like Patti etc. Madonna may have many "conventional pop" songs, but even her most seemingly saccharine of songs have a bit of an edge that sets her apart.......think Music, ROL, LTT, LAP.....the list is practically endless. Madonnas approach to her career has ALWAYS been unashamedly rock star-esque! After 30 years and countless "new madonnas" later, NONE of them have been able to combine both worlds as genuinely or effortlessly as Madonna.

Those so called "divas" are not really divas in the true sense of the word. They are just singers. There is hardly any meaning behind them as artists. Madonna is the only and the last real diva.

Those so called "divas" are not really divas in the true sense of the word. They are just singers. There is hardly any meaning behind them as artists. Madonna is the only and the last real diva.

I think there are a few legitimate divas left from an earlier generation like Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, etc but I agree that Madonna's the only (living) one of her generation and younger.