Chef Madonna

Chuck82

I've always wondered if she has a few secret recipes up her sleeves, or if and what she makes for the kids. Or is it like the lyrics that she has a chef? I can't imagine her having one full-time though.

And we know she doesn't eat anything she can't identify ha. And I wouldn't think all the kids would be as picky as she is with healthy foods.

Anyway if anyone has videos or stuff she's spoken about cooking would be cool.

I don't think Madonna likes cooking much. I have read and seen interviews where she has even talked about how well her kids cook and that they put her to shame or something similar. I also think it has a lot to do with her being like a "mother" to her brothers and sisters when her Mother died with her being the eldest girl. She has mentioned that too and said she resented the fact that her brothers could do whatever they wanted but a lot of the responsibility around the house went to her. She even once said she thought of herself then as a "modern day Cinderella"

Although, her ex boyfriend Dan Gilroy said she cooked vegetables for him when he was out working and she was living with him in an abandoned synagogue with his brother Ed before she was famous.

Debbie Mazar was on Howard stern ...in late 90's and she talked about how she recently at Madonna's for dinner...Madonna made chicken?...I think she even mentioned that Madonna cleaned up the kitchen too

I thought she liked her popcorn burnt? (according to Pop Up Video)

She said in an interview (I think around Hard Candy/Celebration?) that cooking is a group activity in her house where the kids, nannies, housekeepers all pitch in

She once submitted a recipe for some culinary publication, can't remember what it was...but it was printed in Icon magazine too.

'Ciccone Cherry Torte'

But i think it was more a family recipe rather than her actually baking it.

From various Madonna biographies, here are food-related quotes that I remember (some of them may be paraphrased since I'm remembering from the top of my head):

"When I go to the kitchen, I want to be served, not cook the food."

"Vegetarians are paler."

(About the rumor that John F. Kennedy, Jr. used to put peanut butter on her body and then lick it off): "Do you know how many calories are in peanut butter? Lowfat whipped cream, yes. Peanut butter, no."

"I still love popcorn. It's cheap, and it fills you up."

(To a guy who asked her out on a date before she was famous): "Does that offer come with dinner? It has to be Italian."

And there's the (possibly apocryphal) story that when she was poor in New York, she used to scrounge around trash cans for food. But she still considered herself a vegetarian, so when she'd find a hamburger, she'd throw the meat away and just eat the rest. Starving but still sticking to her principles, IMO that's Madonna in a nutshell.

I remember Dan Cadan concluding the piece he wrote for the GHV2 booklet with something along the lines of "successful wife,successful mother,terrible cook"...i think that pretty much settles it

Edited by V.K

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2035333/Madonna-reveals-relationship-secrets-As-I-older-Im-learning-man--compromise.html

She doesn’t prepare the dishes herself because, she confesses, she doesn’t cook.

‘It’s not in my DNA. My kids all cook really good. I could cook if you put a gun to my head, but after a long day at the office I want to come home and find my dinner on the table,’ she says.

‘Oh, my gosh, everyone prepares it but me. Sometimes my daughter Lourdes likes to cook my food. They all help.’

She back-pedals a bit and boasts she could boil an egg, scramble eggs, cook pasta, make coffee, whip up a round of sandwiches and — get this— concoct Rice Krispie treats.

‘I’m not that hopeless — it’s just that cooking requires time,’ she says, before adding that there was never time to prepare a Sunday lunch for Guy Ritchie, who loves a good Sunday roast. ‘I’m sorry I didn’t, but I could have if I’d put my mind to it.’

Guest Rachelle of London

She even said when she was begging for the Evita role that she'll work in the kitchen however she can't cook.

She said in the 2012 Nightline interview with Cynthia that she's never cooked a meal entirely by herself in her entire life and that her chefs, nannies, drivers and kids can all cook and they do it.

(About the rumor that John F. Kennedy, Jr. used to put peanut butter on her body and then lick it off): "Do you know how many calories are in peanut butter? Lowfat whipped cream, yes. Peanut butter, no."

:rotfl:

And there's the (possibly apocryphal) story that when she was poor in New York, she used to scrounge around trash cans for food. But she still considered herself a vegetarian, so when she'd find a hamburger, she'd throw the meat away and just eat the rest. Starving but still sticking to her principles, IMO that's Madonna in a nutshell.

Madonna a dumpster diver? :rotfl: