• Miles Away
    • Celebration
    • Revolver
    • Give Me All Your Luvin
    • Girl Gone Wild
    • Turn Up The Radio
    • Other

Guest bluejean

The options I have picked aren't songs I personally dislike but songs I have repeatedly heard people say they don't like.

Vote away!

Gosh so many it's hard to decide. All from MATM down minus Celebration. I think Revolver wins for just being the crappiest song ever, such awful production, hidious vocals, it's such badly made record also seriously lousy promotion as a single.

GMAYL no question. Lame lyrics, terrible production and those awful cheerleader chants.

Rhyming we can drink some wine burgundy is fine, and L-U-V you wanna, Y-O-U Madonna

what was she thinking? Her worst lead single ever.

The video was good though.

I like all of those songs. Ones less than others but "Hey You" takes the cake as the worst ever. It even got a stupid montage video and a single cover.

My feelings when I heard it for the first time and ever since...

2209633_o.gif

Edited by mnino

I really don't think all the last singles are to be one of her worst. That's not fair at all ! To em there are some pure genius pop (Turn Up The Radio, Revolver, Miles Away) or singles highly enjoyable at least (Celebartion, Give Me All Your Loving).

On the other end, I never really enjoy One More Chance, very dispensable to me...

Me against the music is just terrible but I don't consider it an M release.

I do think that from Celebration onwards she has released a series of weak singles that have reflected badly to the wider public. 4 minutes, although massive, was when she jus appeared to be jumping on bandwagons though. That was a real turning point in the publics view of her.

She needs to pull a great, original single out of the bag now to make up fot the poor choices of recent years.

I've listened to and enjoyed all of the singles listed...but the one song that I listen to the least and almost forgot about is

One More Chance

I really like One More Chance, I see why some don't though. It does have this feeling that it should be sung by someone else. Nonetheless I think she carries it off well.

Just by the sheer hype behind it and it's subsequent infamy in her iconography, I think Give Me All Your Luvin has to take the title. While it's not even necessarily a bad pop ditty, lets just say it is to Madonna what Trog was to Joan Crawford :stir:

American Life with GMAYL pretty close behind. But I believe AL was a true career damaging moment that's she's never really completely recovered from. The song itself was pretty crappy and killed any potential for the album. The original video was clever and awesome and could have saved it, but pulling it was the first time I truly ever saw her back away from controversy. It was so un-Madonna like and a let down for me. The flags replacement video just added to insult. I do enjoy the Headcleanr mix though.

Revolver is really a throwaway single along with Celebration, which doesn't sound half as good as the version that originally leaked. I was going to vote Dear Jessie but I know better than to desecrate the pillar that is Like a Prayer.