Imagery, artwork, photo-shoot... aka Madonna 2014/2015 reinvention MOTHERFUCKERS

I dont see M as a wig person , through her career besides de MET gala last year she only used wigs on photoshoots

She used wigs in the "Open Your Heart" and "Rain" music videos and I'm pretty sure in the "Frozen" music video as well.

Guest bluejean

Yes Frozen used a wig.

She has also used wigs in The Girlie Show, Drowned World Tour, Evita, Reinvention Tour backdrop videos. Confessions Tour in Japan, the Jump video and also isn't the hair in the Celebration video a wig? There was also the pink wig promoting Like a Virgin outside of the US. No doubt there are many more examples.

To say she has only used wigs in photoshoots and is "not a wig person" is simply not true.

Who cares? Does she wear a wig to go to the gym?

A performer wearing a wig in occasional performances does not make them a "wig person." Can one not comprehend a distinction? What you do in your work doesn't always define you. If I were to think of a person's personal preferences in dress I would look more towards what they wear everyday or going out with friends and family.

^ She did for "Frozen." But if you're saying she's never worn the same wig consistently for the start of a new era, you're right. But why would she? Wearing the same wig over and over would be weird.

I am no expert but have heard that dying hair black is very hard to maintain as it goes dry and like straw. Not sure if this is right, just what I have been told by a few women who once had dark hair. Madryan will know if this is true. I have noticed with aunts etc who were brunette when younger, dyed their hair blonde and red later on because they said the dark hair looked like straw and they looked like witches ! Their words, not mine. I have always loved Madonna as both a brunette and a blonde.

Dark color absorbs light, lighter shades reflect it. When gray hair starts coming in, (or as I call them "God's Highlights" lol) it's common to start easing towards lighter tones. Madonna really doesn't have a lot of grey in her hair yet, so the blonde is mostly for aesthetics and not for youthful appearance maintenance. But any color service damages the hair. Straw-like appearances are a result of the hair texture changing as it ages and loses pigment. Sorry for the tutorial!!! Lol!

I love Madonna's ability to be any color, and I love her blonde when it's done right... I thought the summer of 2008 was a perfect shade for her. Icy and platinum, but not overdone to the extreme like the Blond Ambition days (Which I still love).

For this era, I'd like to see a shorter cut, a softer color job that looks easygoing, but is still impactful and glamourous. Use wigs/hairpieces when needed, but lose those damn clip ins and bonded extensions...Unless Andy takes a color theory class and learns how to color match. I mean, he can't even match it when it's shot in Black and white.

madryan, do you have business cards or self promos? you should send them. try and get them to madonna's people.

News must be pretty quiet round here...

Wigdonna

It's extremely quite!!!

No more pics from the studio in weeks!!

Is the album finished?

Or will she go back and lay down more recording?

Well, this is the image/makeover thread...

The Messiah lyrics about sorcerers and magic give me a Stevie Nicks like vibe. I've always wanted Madonna to do a Stevie Nicks inspired look. Stevie is one of the my favorite and most iconic performers. I see long wavy blonde hair, flowing gypsy like dresses. Something a little different from her more revealing traditionally sexy image of recent years. There's nothing wrong with her dressing skimpily and I don't think she's too old for it, but I do think it would be great to change it up a little. It would be different, but a way for her to keep the blonde hair which I love.