Madonna skips out on jury duty

PaulaAbdul

I believe someone like Madonna should be excused. It would be very hard for all involved to maintain any kind of focus with such a celebrity on the jury. Imagine you were chosen for jury along with Madonna. You would have no interest in the trial and be distracted by her divine presence. That would be unfair to all involved.

I believe someone like Madonna should be excused. It would be very hard for all involved to maintain any kind of focus with such a celebrity on the jury. Imagine you were chosen for jury along with Madonna. You would have no interest in the trial and be distracted by her divine presence. That would be unfair to all involved.

I agree.

She should be performing her civic duty, tbh.

I don't think she should not show up, but she could be excused from it. People get excused all the time from jury duty for all kinds of reasons, such as family and job responsibilities. Especially people who are self employed because they can't take the time away from their job if a trial were to last weeks or months which they can at times because then they won't make money. If you are a salaried employee of a company, it's no big deal because you still get your regular salary during your service.

Guest Rachelle of London

Why do I vaguely remember this happening a few years ago. I remember when people were upset that Obama got excused wtf

She should show up in summer shorts. I got kicked out of jury duty one time for that. :chuckle:

:rotfl:

I've never been asked for Jury Duty. LIke wtf, I wanna do it!

She gave doctor's note to get out of jury duty, but according to the source it's nothing serious (thank God!)

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/madonna-doctor-note-jury-duty-sources-article-1.1806834

"My patient Madonna will be unable to attend jury duty on the date in question because she broke she tailbone"